Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
A Great Party is in Danger of Becoming a Fanatical Sect
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: A Great Party is in Danger of Becoming a Fanatical Sect Reply with quote

Bagehot, this weeks Economist, re the Conservatives: discuss.

In 10-15 years time I hope to be in a position where I could directly help reinvigorate the party, but in the meantime it has some work to do (as to be fair so do I).

Mind you some might argue that the party has been a fanatical sect since Cameronís days.
SF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject: Re: A Great Party is in Danger of Becoming a Fanatical Sect Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:

In 10-15 years time I hope to be in a position where I could directly help reinvigorate the party, but in the meantime it has some work to do (as to be fair so do I).

Mind you some might argue that the party has been a fanatical sect since Cameronís days.

How are you personally planning on helping them in 10-15 years time?
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: A Great Party is in Danger of Becoming a Fanatical Sect Reply with quote

SF wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

How are you personally planning on helping them in 10-15 years time?
you need to understand some personal history SF.

I used to be a Tory Party member but resigned after the young conservatives rioted at a conference and wrecked the place. I was so nearly there but fortunately chose at the last minute not to go. It was described as a riot on the bbc news. I sent my resignation to Maggie thatcher in disgust. But I am a Conservative, if a liberal one, at heart.

To where we are today. The party is in my opinion, passed a ĎProfumo momentí cause by a variety of factors, including internal politics wearing the party out. It is also experiencing a public backlash against its policies that will get much worse unless it changes course, at least behind the scenes if not publicly. Eg the current vast universal credit rollout is expected to double the number of homeless people imminently. This will destroy the party come election time.

However these negatives are not yet fully appreciated within the power politics circles and the party is speedily falling into post Profumo exhaustion.

That will most likely short of an unexpected event take some more years to fully happen, and it will then need a further few years of reflection to see its errors trough its egos.

At that stage, bearing in mind that I have a verifiable track record of predicting all this and pointing it out to them, combined with relevant pointy end experience on parts of it, it is possible that, at that time, perhaps a decade from now, they might just listen to me.

Then I can help them rebuild to regain power, if they want it. And if not fair enough, I will be busy with other things.
SF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's hope they read TriTalk!
SGreg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok, he talks to them "remotely" ...

...and wonders why people never listen to him Wink
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

always unbiased reporting on the beeb, of course...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given a number of different things, including having published a paper of how to find submarines using declassified techniques combined with maths and science, (which did seem to put some noses a little out of joint in some relevant quarters), I sort of assume that what I post is read by spooks. I also assume that said spooks have verified my couple of decades long track record, and again assume that information would find its ways to relevant ears if needed. A lot of assumption I know. But even twenty years ago a copper and I joked in a pub about how spooks probably have a cabinet file on me.

Besides I have in the past written to Tory MPs and spoken in person to one. So itís not as if the party does not know about me. Hey he even agreed with me on one specific point.

The sad part is that while some Tory MPs do now seem to realise the enormity of their errors (thinking eg the dozen or so who see the imminent homelessness crisis and its effect on reelection) most still seem to be stuck in power politics, so itís only likely going to get worse for the party before it gets better.

It would be funny if it werenít for the lives that are being ruined through years of living in fear, consequent ill health, etc. But then again I donít think that destroying peopleís lives is a price worth paying for trying (rightly) to turn the country around. And if local councils predictions of a doubling of homelessness turn out to be accurate thatís a lot of extra families lives down the pan directly because of government policy in a short space of time. Once a critical mass or increased street homelessness is reached people will say Ďenoughí. And the party is history.

Donít underestimate just how bad it is going to get for the party over the coming years. I could be specific in my predictions here, but they are so against conventional wisdom you would just ridicule, so I wonít as explained before. Itís entirely possible that the party wonít recover from the scandal. But I think that it will in time.

Wink (see what I did there...Profumo...Scandal).

The party has the right idea, turn the country around, but implemented poorly. Itís created causes and itís effects are just begging to show.
hammerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
I sort of assume that what I post is read by spooks. I also assume that said spooks have verified my couple of decades long track record, and again assume that information would find its ways to relevant ears if needed. A lot of assumption I know. But even twenty years ago a copper and I joked in a pub about how spooks probably have a cabinet file on me.

Dear Spooks
Without wanting to upset any of you that are reading this, but please have you not got better things to do than read TriTalk, like tackling possible terrorist threats and protecting the country from attack. I think you are safe from Sloggers and hes not really worth pursuing anymore .

Kind Regards
concerned citizen
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have predicted the downfall of every government since i was a kid....i don't suppose any ghosts have a filing cabinet on me...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:
I sort of assume that what I post is read by spooks. I also assume that said spooks have verified my couple of decades long track record, and again assume that information would find its ways to relevant ears if needed. A lot of assumption I know. But even twenty years ago a copper and I joked in a pub about how spooks probably have a cabinet file on me.

Dear Spooks
Without wanting to upset any of you that are reading this, but please have you not got better things to do than read TriTalk, like tackling possible terrorist threats and protecting the country from attack. I think you are safe from Sloggers and hes not really worth pursuing anymore .

Kind Regards
concerned citizen
PMSL Wink
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammerer

I was going to have a little fun and quote mi5ís definition of terrorism from their website, that I used some years back when writing to Tory MPs, explaining that what they were doing could perhaps be construed as terrorism by their own definition, line by line.

(Essentially installing fear into large number of people for political purposes)

But mi5 have changed their definition into an explanation that voids that.

Bl@#£y conspiracy I tell yah.

Wonder if the government gained legal advice!
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But back to the question at hand, and I quote from the Economist:-

ďA Great Party is in Danger of Becoming a Fanatical Sect.Ē

Those strong words from a free trade newspaper. And we do know that ďCĒ from mi6 reads it given his published letter last week.

I have my fingers crossed for the party, and am ready to help it rebuild when the time comes if it decides to seek my help. Having lived through the difficult stuff at the pointy end I have a lot of first hand experience of how to enable the party touch hearts and be credible to many otherwise non Conservative voters.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Security Service is too busy trying to prevent a great many bad things from happening, to worry about filling a (virtual) cabinet with info about you Sloggers. This is 2017 in the UK, not 1973 in East Germany.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I think the Security Service is too busy trying to prevent a great many bad things from happening, .

or are too busy making bad things happen...

hammerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I think the Security Service is too busy trying to prevent a great many bad things from happening, .

or are too busy making bad things happen...

they'll have a cabinet on you now if they are reading this Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: