Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Help me out here
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Help me out here Reply with quote

I am looking for a rationality check.

The person that I am going to quote is a highly regarded ufo author whoís book covers first hand accounts of military pilots from a couple of nations who have described their dogfights with not of this earth craft etc. She is a journalist who has written one of the more credible ufo books.

She has just posted on fb
Quote:
The head of a secret UFO program at the DOD has just come forward to confirm the existence of that program. Based on the work of this official program, he has stated for the world to hear, that UFOs are unquestionably real. He left that program less than 2 weeks ago. This is as close to official "disclosure" as we have come since the close of Project Blue Book. It's big news.

Now, while I would love this to be true, as I have been ready and waiting for years to help with trade and global social matters relating to humanity growing up into the universal neighbourhood. (I just find it had to believe that the human race is the only dominant species in the entire universe or the pinnacle of evolution)

But this is where I get stuck and could use your perspective. If true...

1. Surely any head of a US Government secret ufo program, would be breaking something equivalent to our OSA by disclosing?
2. And surely that would get him imprisoned sharpish?
3. So how credible is it that someone in that sort of position could do what he has done? (And currently giving conference talks).

Unless the US Government have finally decided to reveal what other nations have been revealing for years now.

If true, I am a very happy bunny, but it just seems too Ďeasyí.

Come on help me, am I correct in thinking that if any such person did such a thing he would be locked up quicker than he could open his mouth, unless itís propoganda to cover yet more black projects. I mean he is talking in America, and hasnít done a Snowden.

Itís one of those I would love it to be true but it seems too good to be true. At least if it is true, this is one area, for a couple of different reasons, Britain has the chance and potential, in due time (we as a nation are not ready yet) to lead the global field in terms of trade. Hey I could even negotiate the global trade deal with our visiting friends!

This is to good to be true right? Itís only because of the fact that it is Leslie Keen than is promoting this that I am giving it credibility, as she is highly regarded, and a quick Amazon check will show you how well her book was received some years ago.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not very secret, is it?

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, you're on the wrong forum if you want an esoteric discussion on stuff like this.
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If UFO's are capable of travelling such long distances, in fairly short periods of time, surely this is huge news? There MUST be some aero benefits we could learn from them... Very Happy
SidSnot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: Help me out here Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
I am looking for a rationality check.

1. Surely any head of a US Government secret ufo program, would be breaking something equivalent to our OSA by disclosing?
2. And surely that would get him imprisoned sharpish?
3. So how credible is it that someone in that sort of position could do what he has done? (And currently giving conference talks).

In answer
1. Yes
2. Yes.
3. Answered your own question with (And currently giving conference talks).
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused by all this talk of UFOs being real etc.

Does UFO not stand for Unidentified Flying Object?

So is it real that there are flying objects spotted and we don't know what they were/are, if so that's not such a big deal, is it?

Saying alien space craft visiting earth are real would be a different matter all together but is anyone (reliable) saying that?
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Again, you're on the wrong forum if you want an esoteric discussion on stuff like this.
Agreed, however it wasnít an esoteric discussion I was after, it was a rationality check that people who have been head of super secret government organisations donít just go public without either official approval (then we get into esoteric aspects as to why) or probably Prisonable consequence.

I know that our Lord Hill Norton (head of our armed forces and iirc nato) kept banging his head against brick walls when trying to find this sort of stuff out, hence what is currently happing in America just seems too easy.

Then again the aerodynamic implications on running form, bike design and swim technique should not be ignored.

I could have asked elsewhere but I suspect that the responses would have been less objective.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaRok2300 wrote:
I'm confused by all this talk of UFOs being real etc.

Does UFO not stand for Unidentified Flying Object?

So is it real that there are flying objects spotted and we don't know what they were/are, if so that's not such a big deal, is it?

Saying alien space craft visiting earth are real would be a different matter all together but is anyone (reliable) saying that?
pilots from a couple of nations have, as have astronauts etc. And coppers. Depends if you think that you can believe coppers, astronauts and pilots.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

being a policeman, pilot or astronaut is no guarantee of sanity....nor is being chief of defence staff, even then, saying that you saw something in the sky that you couldn't recognise is hardly evidence of other life forms

however, that we are not the pinnacle of evolution is self evident...you only have to read this forum, or understand probability...

ed_m

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:

however, that we are not the pinnacle of evolution is self evident...you only have to read this forum, or understand probability...

ah.. Fermi paradox & the great filter...
Pedro Peru

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
being a policeman, pilot or astronaut is no guarantee of sanity....nor is being chief of defence staff, even then, saying that you saw something in the sky that you couldn't recognise is hardly evidence of other life forms

Does evolution have a pinnacle?
jibberjim

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro Peru wrote:

I believe so, if you look at the vast majority of mountains, they've all evolved to have one, even obvious exceptions like table mountain have piles of rocks built on top to develop one.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
Pedro Peru wrote:

I believe so, if you look at the vast majority of mountains, they've all evolved to have one, even obvious exceptions like table mountain have piles of rocks built on top to develop one.

You need to start posting on here more often (again).
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro Peru wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

yes, but it doesn't get much use now...i think that Cervelo is preferred...

Roscoemck

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Men In Black have been alerted Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: