Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Sutto plans
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:21 am    Post subject: Sutto plans Reply with quote

Does anyone have any experience of the Sutto training plans? My colleague is very interested and I said I'd ask? For me the very generic approach doesn't tick the right boxes but each to their own.

Thanks
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the screwing a 12yr old you are coaching doesn't tick the right boxes, but if your friend can put that minor glitch aside then I am sure someone will come along and endorse the plus-side of his plans.
Mungo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if it makes you go faster.....

Seriously can this fella coach kids...?!

Most things can be forgiven ... but not this.
hammerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen his 16wk shorter hours IM plan. It's OK for generic. Lots of easy work, increasing pace runs. Short reps short rest swims some with pull, paddles. First 4 weeks easy but ramps up.nothing stupid long think longest bike is 4.5hrs, shorter hard bike brick session every week
iwaters

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:
For me the screwing a 12yr old you are coaching doesn't tick the right boxes, but if your friend can put that minor glitch aside then I am sure someone will come along and endorse the plus-side of his plans.

Amen. Don't know why this scum bag gets so much attention still. Had to move to Switzerland as he was banned from coaching in Aus.

As for his coaching plans who really cares but he appears to be a stuck-in-his-old-fashioned-ways dinosaur so they are probably generic out of touch rubbish.
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'll give you the other side of the coin.

Yeah, they are generic - as in not personalised - but they are definitely different from a lot of well known plans. And they require quite a lot of understanding for best execution (read/watch as much as you can on them regarding effort levels, low cadence on the bike etc.) but I and several people I know have had very good results with them.

And 'this scumbag' coaches a lot of the best in the world very successfully so people discuss his ideas. And people still mention he's a scumbag whenever his name comes up. This will continue ad infinitum, it's a little tedious.
ttowel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shane sutton coached a lot of world champions too.

its ok as long as you get results.

Is that what you are saying?
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuckandgo wrote:
Well I'll give you the other side of the coin.

Yeah, they are generic - as in not personalised - but they are definitely different from a lot of well known plans. And they require quite a lot of understanding for best execution (read/watch as much as you can on them regarding effort levels, low cadence on the bike etc.) but I and several people I know have had very good results with them.

And 'this scumbag' coaches a lot of the best in the world very successfully so people discuss his ideas. And people still mention he's a scumbag whenever his name comes up. This will continue ad infinitum, it's a little tedious.

Fair enough defending his training methods, but ffs don't get on your high horse when people bring up his kiddy fiddling convictions.

I'm guessing you're not a parent.
Mungo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one on here is going to the Olympics or worrying Lange Sanders and DM at Kona anytime ever.

We all love our sport and put a lot of time effort and money into going as fast as we can.

I would honestly rather go a little slower, than have any association with a convicted Peadophile.
I have worked in Prisons all my adult life... when you see first hand the damage these people do you really wouldn't sign up with one no matter how fast you thought you could go.
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttowel wrote:

No, it's not.
What I am saying is that Brett Sutton's past and conviction is well known and not going to change, it isn't really relevant to the intricacies of his current training methods.

To be clear, I don't agree with his past behaviour and I am not defending or absolving him of it. However, I don't believe it affects whether his training methods work or not, which the original posters question was about. (not, 'Is Brett Sutton a scumbag'.)
ttowel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuckandgo wrote:
ttowel wrote:

No, it's not.
What I am saying is that Brett Sutton's past and conviction is well known and not going to change, it isn't really relevant to the intricacies of his current training methods.

To be clear, I don't agree with his past behaviour and I am not defending or absolving him of it. However, I don't believe it affects whether his training methods work or not, which the original posters question was about. (not, 'Is Brett Sutton a scumbag'.)

But calling people gimps and wobblies, slagging off women etc gets results and medals too. Thats not judging whether his methods work or not either.
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttowel wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
ttowel wrote:

No, it's not.

But calling people gimps and wobblies, slagging off women etc gets results and medals too. Thats not judging whether his methods work or not either.

We're going to go round in circles here. I'm not going to back down from my position. You are entitled to yours.
PCP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Sutto plans Reply with quote

kennyOX2 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience of the Sutto training plans? My colleague is very interested and I said I'd ask? For me the very generic approach doesn't tick the right boxes but each to their own.

Thanks

He asked if anyone has experience of the plans, tuckandgo has.

We all know BS is a paedo, and SS is probably a massive d!ckhead, but surely that's not what this thread was about.
If you think there is a morality issue for dealing with BS or using one of his plans that is another thing completely to his plans being good or not, surely.

Ryan Giggs was a wonderful footballer, would I leave him alone with my wife? Not a damn chance, but doesn't mean he wasn't a great footballer though.
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Sutto plans Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
kennyOX2 wrote:

Thanks

He asked if anyone has experience of the plans, tuckandgo has.

We all know BS is a paedo, and SS is probably a massive d!ckhead, but surely that's not what this thread was about.
If you think there is a morality issue for dealing with BS or using one of his plans that is another thing completely to his plans being good or not, surely.

Ryan Giggs was a wonderful footballer, would I leave him alone with my wife? Not a damn chance, but doesn't mean he wasn't a great footballer though.

Not the same, but in any case taking all opportunities to notify/remind everyone what this guy is, is justified and worthwhile.

If the op wants to talk about training plans, he's free to try an uncontroversial source ...such as Fink Wink
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Sutto plans Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
If the op wants to talk about training plans, he's free to try an uncontroversial source ...such as Fink Wink

Yes!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: