Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
China v Britain like Scotland v England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your wife is in extreme fear of what, exactly?

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejc that would be too much information for a public forum. She is ill, and has been for a couple of decades now, enough said in that.

Re your other question that is one of those impossible to answer questions as I just donít know how much intelligence is gained through technology, informants etc.

The issue, in brief, is there any value is finding ways to taking a cold hungry tired special forces soldiers scraw of a place (bearing in mind satellites, drones, etc) and extracting more information out of that scrawl.

Look Ejc, I am not looking for a repeat of the months long Ďdebatesí of the past, nor to upset Jorgan et all. A simple yes or no answer. I may just have a new approach to something that had no doubt been done to death in the 1980s, though the declassified docs are quiet on this.

However given how drones and satellites have progressed, do special forces soldiers even need to draw facilities etc any more? I donít know.

As I say this is just a tangential offshoot to something that I have been working on for some time, and I donít know if I could find a potentially reliable method (like I am sure I did with Submarine Locating) to add value here, but it is certainly possible.

I will try to ask my specific question another way.......it is conceivable that in a few years time (when I may have a tested reliable solution) there will still be a need for special forces to infiltrate and draw maps of eg a drug base? If yes, then it may be worth my while thinking more about this. (I mean they could send in a small drone and video everything presumably).
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surprised you made any it it public, but didn't want specifics, just enough to determine whether i thought you had a point about cameron. It seems quite a charge to me.

as for your project, yes, and no...

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejc

Thank you for, sortof, answering my question.

Re Cameronís policies, you could argue that by design they are to induce fear, (through non existent targets that staff have to meet (drs have resigned over this), and the sheer severity of sanctions which could be the result of said targets or sadly government admin errors etc) forcing people into homelessness and food banks. The evidence is there, why do you think that a dozen Tory MPs want a rethink (my guess because they realise that with the doubling of homelessness that charities are forecasting they are beginning to worry about their jobs).

Motivating people to find work is one thing, making them face hunger and homelessness is quite another (especially since it could happen because of targets or errors by the government). Charities and the like are screaming, some Tory MPs are now listening enough to want a change.

They canít say that I didnít warn them back in the day.

Anyhow Ejc, letís not recover old ground. Time will tell.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the topic in hand...

In todayís South China Morning Post opinion piece, in the app....

1. China (in essence) wants to recover what it lost in the Opium wars, which could suggest another reason for dislike of Britain.

2. Now that it is very public about wanting to shape the world, within my lifetime, I kinda regret not being in global politics, as I do think that I could have helped with global stability over the coming three decades.

Given our politicians canít even agree over Brexit, what chance do we have?

The naieve fool that I am. Wink
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have no idea how you would meet a non existent target..and still have no idea how his policies induced fear...

GrahamO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
you could argue that by design they are to induce fear, .

Only if you are barking f*cking insane though.

Anyone who actually thinks Cameron is doing that is seriously mentally unbalanced.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

1. Ejc, Ask the doctor(s) who resigned over it. (Targets) and the ex jobcentre staff who whistle blew, and all the past press coverage on this issue. (A few years ago now).

2. GrahamO, are you a qualified psychiatrist? Plenty people do seem to think that. In addition when you consider in context of some of the things he said in Parliament (hard working decent v ???). I remember chatting to one pensioner who wondered if after a lifetimes work he was no longer decent.

Look, letís not fall out over this, once the Conservatives have collapsed and had a decade to reflect upon their errors, I will happily help rebuild the party into power.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doctors resigned because their wasn't a target?

Gus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree with you on one thing, Sloggers...

If I hear any politician refer to 'hard working families' once more I'll ~#*$ brain them.

My 15 minutes of fame
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ejc

Now even I can tell that you are taking the rise. Evil or Very Mad
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres a world of difference between having different priorities for the money the country has, and thinking that Cameron is some kind of Dr Evil sitting in his lair thinking of evil things to do for no good reason. You are aware that the money handed out to the welfare recipients is a load of borrowed money which they are never going to repay presumably ? So whats best - higher welfare for the unemployed of spending the money to encourage someone to build a factory to employ people ? If you think the former, take a look at what happened in Greece.

Its fecking insane if you think the latter is what he does all day. You don't need to be a qualified psychiatrist to recognise a someone who is completely certifiable and should not be let out without a responsible adult.

All he wants is for those who earn money, to keep more of their money and to decide where they want it spent. There are those who want to live off the State more than is necessary and those are the ones screaming because the nasty man stopped handing out other peoples money - because the other people voted to stop handing it out. You cannot vote yourself more of other peoples money - that never works.

Others think the workers who are net contributors to state coffers are some kind of cheque account that can be drawn on at will whenever a non-workers wants more money for whatever reason. There has to be balance and in many peoples view there are way too many takers who expect the Satet to provide unending cash without asecond thought about the poor sod who has to pay more taxes to pay for their benefits.

Too many people interested in their rights and not enough interest in living up the their obligations.

Don't worry Sloggers - I wont fall out with you.

the Conservatives wont collapse as too many people in the UK know they can spend their money more wisely than hand it over in bulk to weasels in the government to waste most of it and hand it out to many people who do nothing for it.

Why do you think I left the UK ? It wasnt for the sun or my health but amongst other reasons, to stop funding the out of control welfare state.
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
I'll agree with you on one thing, Sloggers...

If I hear any politician refer to 'hard working families' once more I'll ~#*$ brain them.
Laughing

Gus, disagree all you like. Itís by sharing experiences, viewpoints and perspectives that reflection takes place and people and societies grow.

Cameron upset a lot of people with that one. Many would love to be hard working.

I mean, look at me, I have kept myself educated, continually challenged myself in languages (which I am really bad at) triathlon, marathons etc, wrote books, worked hard to better myself through all sorts of poop that life has thrown my way. Along the way I have achieved some Ďimpossibleí things. Eg how many blokes do you know who have been rejected by the masons yet have also been called Ďbrotherí in person, in writing and on the net by Freemasons from across the globe, including by acting grand chains (though accept that one of those letters might have been an error), or that a fatty like me would win an award for inspiration in sport?

There are plenty more who would love to be hard working for a decent wage. Sometimes however you donít get dealt easy cards in life. So what do you do...you make the best of it, as best you can.

And that can include telling our spooks how to combine declassified material with maths and science to solve supposedly difficult tasks Wink
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO

I am willing to stake my reputation on the fact that the Conservative will not only collapse, the process is already underway, for reasons I have explained before. Even in rural Oxfordshire there is more talk of how things have got too bad in these regards, and this is Tory heartland. Cameron territory. I donít know whether it is true or not but I have heard, some time ago, on the old grapevine that my mp has been worried about his job and this is a safe seat.

Itís profumo all over again.

The last polls I looked at showed Corbyn being more highly rated than May.

Donít take this out of context GrahamO, the only party that I have ever been a member of is the Tories, and I am unsure what to think of a labour government.

The Torys are in internal turmoil, power battles, Brexit issues, the welfare reconsideration by some, and the public voted with their feet, and now Corbyn is out polling May, or labour the Torys I forget which offhand.

The Torys energies are evaporating away.

Would be interesting to see how they could turn around all these internal issues and falling public respect and confidence.

Last edited by SloggingScotsman on Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloggers - on your 'special forces' scrawl' idea....

I think there'll always be need for this. Drone and satellite technology is good, but there are still lots of limitations. A few off the cuff:

Availability is the most basic one - even as they miniaturise and increase in capability, we're still a long way off from sufficient ubiquity and coverage.

To be effective, observation satellites (I'm fairly sure) need to be LEO (Low Earth Orbit) which therefore means they orbit - they move - they're not geostationery, so almost by definition there's always going to be 'gaps' in coverage.

Also detection - drones are noisy.

Jamming technology - drones can be brought down, or their telemetry interfered with and/or intercepted if remote-controlled. GNSS spoofing technology is also improving rapidly.

Satellite viewing is limited to line of sight from above. It can't see 'horizontally'.

Weather - technology can be limited by precipitation, cloud, wind etc..

And so on.

So I suspect any recce function will still rely upon the good old pencil/paper for a very, very long time yet Wink

My 15 minutes of fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: