Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Well, there you have it folks...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Well, there you have it folks... Reply with quote

i have no problems with his former stance on imperialism, but, given his latter policies is he really goodwill ambassador material???

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-41702662

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
JeffB

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a bit of a chuckle when I saw that as well, but the world seems to be ran by some proper headcases ATM.

I've been trying to avoid the news in recent months so I don't get too angry Sad

Jeff
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
the world seems to be ran by some proper headcases ATM.

Sad

Jeff
Razz just the natural process of dynastic change, smoothing the way for the next generation Wink Twisted Evil forgive me just finished watching Jupiter Rising (itís about the dynastic family battle to control Earth)

Seriously though, now that China has decided to step up its global leadership a notch or three, combined with the West waning, it will be interesting to see how the world is run over the next few decades.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:

Seriously though, now that China has decided to step up its global leadership a notch or three, combined with the West waning, it will be interesting to see how the world is run over the next few decades.

they can't do much worse than the USA...

explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
Had a bit of a chuckle when I saw that as well, but the world seems to be ran by some proper headcases ATM.

that's always pretty much been the case, it is just more evident today...

Gus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

they can't do much worse than the USA...

Firstly on the Robert Mugabe thing - I thought it was a joke to start with it was so unlikely - but then remembered Save the Children gave Tony Blair their 'Peacemaker of the Year' award a few years ago, so the mental precedent has been well established (never given STC a penny since).

China... a really interesting one.

I've spent a lot of time in China this year and it's been a real eye-opener. Their society is on a fast trajectory upwards. Change is being very carefully managed by the authorities - they know it has to happen, but can only happen slowly. Many Chinese actually see the uprising in Tiananmen Sq as a big mistake. People wanted change too quickly and many of the more 'considered' Chinese understand this will take a generation or so. The authorities are therefore bringing about this change at a very carefully managed pace.

At 'ground level', they are so far advanced in their embracing of technology and the social evolution that comes with it. Their technical infrastructure is something to envy (I'm talking cities, not rural areas here). For example, via WeChat, they can speak with each other, order a taxi, pay for it, exchange money safely with a complete stranger, text/voicemessage anyone... all from their mobile phone. Some of the next-generation technology several key companies are working on is far ahead of our own - I know this for a first-hand fact. And all resourced by much, much larger financial backing than anything in the West. Their risk profile is profoundly different to our own; try to raise funds in the West for something cutting edge or disruptive is actually quite hard, despite what you may hear. In China, it's easy; they're happy to throw money at a thousand projects expecting only a handful to succeed - but that's all they need to lead the way.

I've been blown away how far ahead they are in so many different aspects - including attitude and willingness to advance.

The entrepreneurial spirit, the work ethic, the acceptance of personal sacrifice for the greater good, the willingness to take a risk... they have it in spades; attitudes that our complacent, lazy society seems to have forgotten. They're at the bottom of the 'S' curve, we're at the top.

The wall of money in China that is currently hoovering up Western technology, expertise, raw materials and resources is basically a sovereign development fund that is ensuring China IS the world's future, whether we like it or not. My years in West Africa showed me first hand how all the oil, copper, uranium, precious metals and so on is slowly but surely being secured for China (in exchange for building badly-needed infrastructure) at our expense; the West retreated in post-colonial hand-wringing guilt, leaving a vacuum that the Chinese were only too happy to fill.

It's also definitely not all good - the Communist regime is still very much in control, the Chinese people still live a little in fear of the authorities... and where will it lead? The one key advantage of authoritarian control is that things happen quickly; if they need to build a dam, they build a dam. If you're in the way, tough. Imagine that over here? It's taken 20yrs to get consents just to build the Aberdeen friggin' bypass. It would've taken the Chinese 5 minutes to make the decision and about 2 months to build it. China has ambition, and the will and means to make it happen.

Strategically China is the next big thing. The US, India and most especially the EU are not. I'm in fear and awe of them. As a result, I seriously and profoundly believe we should ditch the EU like a dog turd and start becoming China's new best friend. US and India are powerful allies but China is where it's at, folks, whether we like it or not...

I've gone on a bit, but I wish the West would wake up to this more Shocked

My 15 minutes of fame
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of us have Gus Wink

Iíve said it before itís a pity that my Bilderberg invite got lost in the post some years back.

Funnily enough one career path which I nearly pursued back in my late teens was an application to what was the Royal HK Police. But accountancy seemed more exciting!

Quite frankly, as you so clearly explain Gus, the West donít seem to have a clue about what is happening, and I will admit that I do worry how America will react when it fully realises that it has become a hasbeen.

Where I disagree with you Gus is that....and with the biggest ifs possible......if the EU can wake up now, it stands a fair chance of being an effective counterbalance as the powershifts, helping stability.

Russia could also get a similar position.

But Britain, sadly, with all of the political infighting, combined with the...Not sure how I can delicately put this.....information gaps between what politicians say and what is seen on the ground....., and the extent of the fear that the government has injected into large parts of society since 2010, I am not sure that we can easily recover anytime soon to make much of a positive difference in such global matters. I hope that we can, but it will take an unlikely sea change in political attitudes. In essence we have lost, both internally and externally, our credibility as a nation to be listened to.

Now if Mr Coutts give me my half trillion, I will endeavour to sort the mess out Wink

(I say that last bit tongue in cheek, but if I had been born a man of wealth, I do believe that I could aid stability at this time of power shifts. Why loads of dosh...(1) money talks, it is what it is, people listen to money, and (2) I could use it to gain the experience I need to be able to take what I now know and make it useful. Then again if I had been born into wealth I probably would not now have the necessary blend of life experience and perspective to be able to do what I can now do. At least I can dream!)
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gather they have had a change of mind

Jeff
Gus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:

Where I disagree with you Gus is that....and with the biggest ifs possible......if the EU can wake up now, it stands a fair chance of being an effective counterbalance as the powershifts, helping stability.

Sloggers - I stand absolutely confident, nay, utterly sure beyond any doubt, that the EU will never, ever get its act in gear. Even with the best will in the world, 27 separate nations of such differing inherent cultures will never, ever reach consensus.

Look how long it's taken them to agree any sort of FTA with ANYONE! They stil can't agree one, after all this time, with any of the top 10 economies in the world.

They, frankly, haven't a cat in hell's chance, so I suggest we all write them off as a very lost cause. It's only a matter of time before it implodes over all. It's only Germany (and to a very limited degree France) that keep the whole charade going.

And, BTW, I'd guess if you were born into such wealth, it's unlikely you'd have the drive or motivation that you have now...

My 15 minutes of fame
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

Sloggers - I stand absolutely confident, nay, utterly sure beyond any doubt, that the EU will never, ever get its act in gear. Even with the best will in the world, 27 separate nations of such differing inherent cultures will never, ever reach consensus.

Look how long it's taken them to agree any sort of FTA with ANYONE! They stil can't agree one, after all this time, with any of the top 10 economies in the world.

They, frankly, haven't a cat in hell's chance, so I suggest we all write them off as a very lost cause. It's only a matter of time before it implodes over all. It's only Germany (and to a very limited degree France) that keep the whole charade going.

And, BTW, I'd guess if you were born into such wealth, it's unlikely you'd have the drive or motivation that you have now...

My only regret about the EU is that I didn't get to develop my drinks trolley to full eu leg spec in time. But whilst the EU are trousering more cash and asking us to pay for a bigger pair of trousers, China must just be looking and laughing.

I am not sure that China still counts as a communist country. Not in the pure sense, but it carries the hallmarks of a regime that woke up. Whilst I am a fan of at least two opposing political viewpoints to help keep things honest, I just don't want the USA to be one. Not feeling British, I am pretty meh about UK too.

If you inherited money SS, I still don't think you'd understand how the EU works.

And Gus, the EU can't be honest with its 27 members, thus it is unlikely to ever gain full agreement...

explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
I gather they have had a change of mind

Jeff

I'm not sure there was a mind there to change in the first place....

As I understand it, contributing nations cut off the ready cash....

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Gus wrote:
SloggingScotsman wrote:

My only regret about the EU is that I didn't get to develop my drinks trolley to full eu leg spec in time. But whilst the EU are trousering more cash and asking us to pay for a bigger pair of trousers, China must just be looking and laughing.

I am not sure that China still counts as a communist country. Not in the pure sense, but it carries the hallmarks of a regime that woke up. Whilst I am a fan of at least two opposing political viewpoints to help keep things honest, I just don't want the USA to be one. Not feeling British, I am pretty meh about UK too.

If you inherited money SS, I still don't think you'd understand how the EU works.

And Gus, the EU can't be honest with its 27 members, thus it is unlikely to ever gain full agreement...
ejc

1. Why not the US? I like the US, from what little I know about it from my US relatives, though from what I read in the news I donít think that I would want to live there (gangbangers, gun crime, people dying through no health insurance etc). My main concern about the US are things like gitmo and extraordinary rendition etc, and how I think that once it fully hits home in due course that it it is playing second fiddle to China it may not take that well and may start bending arms harshly in a last minute bid to retain some power. That could be very destabilising globally and domestically for a once leading nation outwith itís comfort zone, especially since itís military might could be devastated by China in due course (thinking cyber activities as well as sheer man power and Chinaís building military and military confidence, combined with Gus style other nations allegiance changes etc). At least when it happened to the British Empire there were no cyber worries.

2. Be proud of Britain. I am. I may not like how our government have driven real fear into the hearts of substantial parts of our population since 2010, (and potentially increasing substantially over the coming year or two) but governments come and go and history will show the errors of the past Seven years in their true light. Hopefully we will learn from them. Filling people en mass with fear is no job for any British government, but that is what has happened. I will admit I would quite like to help rebuild the Conservative Party once it collapses and it has had sufficient years to reflect on the consequences of driving fear, on the health and well being of the people they governed. (And not forgetting the effects of internal power plays, Brexit etc)

3. Inherit money, well of course it would be nice. But I am very aware of the fact that the desire for money is one of the quickest routes to darkness known to man, and that gaining vast wealth can be challenging for those not used to it. I think that I would be taking a lot of advice from Mr Coutts.

I do think about vast wealth as I find it a valuable tool to help me know myself a bit better, and it is good training for my hobbies. It would take a page to explain the whys and howís of this, but think of it like applied imagination, but using the concept of smoothing your ashlar. A very simple example could be something like a bmw or a merc? Why? But that needs to be scaled up a hundredfold. The intuitive insights that can fall out of this inner work are valuable. Not as good as actually having the cash I give you, but then again if you have the cash and donít understand itís effects on your ego, greed, sense of power and control etc, you might not get the same level of benefit as you can virtually.

When combined with the like of Hermetics, Viewing, museum work, etc, itís a powerful tool. I hope to develop some practical useful applications from it one day.

4.Understanding how the EU works. I donít need to. I know how to talk to peopleís hearts, and when you talk to peopleís hearts good stuff can happen. Am I naive? Unrealistic? Quite possibly. But ultimately the EU wants to succeed and a bit of new blood may be able to open doors that the old elites have failed to do. But it would take courage. Anyhow the EUs window of opportunity is quickly closing due to Russian activities, and Americas retreat, combined with the fall out of Brexit, Catalonia, the Austerity program etc. I am just an optimist that human beings can evolve. We may be base instinct creatures, but the main issue is a growing divergence between the powers that be and the man and woman in the street. Once that gap starts to close things will get better again. No one needs to lose their power, just be willing to keep it while recognising that what they have been doing is no longer working.

But what the heck do I know.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
Many Chinese actually see the uprising in Tiananmen Sq as a big mistake.

Given that anyone who thought differently ended up dead or in re-education camps, it hardly surprising you only saw one view !
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:

1. Why not the US? I like the US,

2. Be proud of Britain. I am. I may not like how our government have driven real fear into the hearts of substantial parts of our population since 2010,

3. Inherit money, well of course it would be nice. But I am very aware of the fact that the desire for money is one of the quickest routes to darkness known to man, and that gaining vast wealth can be challenging for those not used to it. I think that I would be taking a lot of advice from Mr Coutts.

4.Understanding how the EU works. I donít need to. I know how to talk to peopleís hearts,
But what the heck do I know.

I like the US too, but many reasons not to be keen on the US ruling the world and i will start with Kissinger...we are all still paying heavily for him and his ilk...

I think that you may need to be british to be proud of britain. I certainly recognise its heritage and privilege but my thoughts do not run to pride.

Are Coutts the ones that were fined for money laundering?

i don't think Juncker has a heart

explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Gus wrote:
Many Chinese actually see the uprising in Tiananmen Sq as a big mistake.

Given that anyone who thought differently ended up dead or in re-education camps, it hardly surprising you only saw one view !

that is true....we in the west have had a more subtle approach to creating history...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: