Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
AP v NP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
For the record, I include zeros.

Have you double checked that that's the case on both your edge and 920? It was just something that sprang to mind as a reason for your mismatch in power data between the two. Smart recording is the other potential reason ... are you using that on one of the devices?

Slightly off topic, as it relates to a post of yours in a different thread from a while back, but obviously related

Yes, I ensured all the settings were the same. All my uploaded data comes from the lower reading 920 - which is fine, but means it's not a direct comparison to all the data that's over a year old, when I used the Edge. Then of course there's the Ergomo I used until the end of 2013; that was pretty flattering I think!
ttowel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont include them.

Soft pedalling is different to stopping and slowing for a junction or roundabout.

Riding a TT and riding at say 300w, you then slow for a roundabout and either drop to 270 or preserve 300.

At the end of the day, its who the data is for and what you do with it.
Chrace

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small comment which applies to me, and probably me only:

I currently have an FTP of around 240 or so, and will consider that I am burning matches above 300 sustained for more than a few minutes, or above 450 or so for any length of time.

These are the values I use to get around Triathlon X (full and half). Rightly or wrongly I try to keep <300 on all climbs by simply rotating the pedals slower. This, for me, means a manageable HR which I see as far more indicative of burning matches than any power setting. When I can't go slow enough, it's time to burn one.

If I get out of breath I have burnt a match, so that's already too late. The power settings are from loads of trial and error, so I can use them as prevention. If that makes sense.

I normally count I have around 8 matches on a day. When I did the X in 15 and actually trained for it I had around 10 matches and an FTP of 300. My prevention settings were adjusted to that. But I'm in a rubbish shape now compared to then. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: