Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Cervelo Spares

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwaters

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:24 am    Post subject: Cervelo Spares Reply with quote

I managed to mangle the dropout alignment screw on my P3. The wheel wasn't in flush and it crushed the head. I have managed to get it out by super gluing a smaller allen key in but now I need a replacement.

Anyone know where I can get one from? Sigma have them on their website but says no longer available. I found somewhere in the US but they want $6 for the screw and $24 for postage.

I can't do away with both screws as I am using a training wheel for the winter which has a 25mm tyre and it needs to be further out.
fat buddha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

speak to Simon at the The Tristore in Eastbourne - www.thetristore.com or 01323 417 071 if you CBA. he's built up 100's of Cervelos over the years (one of the UK's biggest Cervelo dealers) so will probably have one lying around no doubt.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a push I've just got a pack of screws from B&Q, the zinc ones. Can't remeber the size now, is it M3.5? They did the trick when I needed longer ones to get a 25mm tyre to clear the seat stays on a TT bike. As above though, you should be able to get some online from a cervelo dealer/the distributor.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
At a push I've just got a pack of screws from B&Q, the zinc ones. Can't remeber the size now, is it M3.5? They did the trick when I needed longer ones to get a 25mm tyre to clear the seat stays on a TT bike. As above though, you should be able to get some online from a cervelo dealer/the distributor.

i did simiar when i lost one in transit...from an old hardware store on a Saturday afternoon...

you could try madison to see if they have any left over from when they distributed them

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're just standard grub screws - search on ebay for the right size and they'll cost about a quid posted.

something like this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M3-3mm-Stainless-Steel-Grub-Screws-Cup-Point-Hexagon-Socket/150731150437?hash=item231846d465:m:mG5lRyMsP2hJCOM1AP7MFsw

i think they're M3 but not 100% certain!
scott b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem the night before outlaw a year or so ago. Panic set in...Took the other one out, went to a local machine shop and get a couple, cost me around 50p
iwaters

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a couple from the LBS who were surprisingly helpful. They are from a P5 and slightly longer but should be fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: