Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Every man is a pervert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Looks like I am not by the only one to come to a similar assessment...

“What an irony it would be if another good old British parliamentary sex scandal brought down this government – and not the Brexit abomination or the extreme suffering caused by austerity or any of the myriad acts of atrocious governance they have been guilty of since 2010.”

Today’s Guardian app.

i would never have guessed that a left wing paper would disapprove of right wing policies...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
You can include Triathlon forums in the the list of places where involuted prose, laced with self-indulgence is not tolerated.

tolerated but humoured...

Smile

Bad grammar is not tolerated though; so stop dropping capital letters Wink
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
You can include Triathlon forums in the the list of places where involuted prose, laced with self-indulgence is not tolerated.

Smile

BOO

small phone FAT FINGERS Laughing

SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
ok.

Self indulgence though.....anyone who looks at my web history without a solid understanding of the likes of Hermetics and the like, may make some inaccurate judgements....assuming self indulgence when actually I am working pretty hard at knowing myself better. Wink

Anyhow back to the topic in hand, love Matt in tonight’s Telegraph.http://www.telegraph.co.uk/
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been too busy having fun at other people's expense of late to read the Sunday Times until this afternoon....and have just seen that Brussels has had to take emergency action to tackle similar behaviour....

Cat5 in the Hat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Smile

BOO

I can forgive Jorgan's capitalisation of Triathlon as he has spent too much time in the Fatherland.

But forums? Fora dear boy, fora. Very Happy
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cat5 in the Hat wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Smile

BOO

I can forgive Jorgan's capitalisation of Triathlon as he has spent too much time in the Fatherland.

But forums? Fora dear boy, fora. Very Happy

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to a Corporate team-building event in Germany last week.

Blokes dressed up in drag.

Ladies being asked to be 'babes' (and some declined but some of the older ones didnt)

Drunkenness and the occasional wandering hand.

If it had been held in the UK, the PC brigade would have had a collective fit.

Meanwhile Germany carries on as normal and laughs at the Uk and its hangups from 20 years ago. I wonder how long it will be before Bennie Hill is dug up to be tried as a criminal?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Went to a Corporate team-building event in Germany last week.

Blokes dressed up in drag.

Ladies being asked to be 'babes' (and some declined but some of the older ones didnt)

Drunkenness and the occasional wandering hand.

If it had been held in the UK, the PC brigade would have had a collective fit.

Meanwhile Germany carries on as normal and laughs at the Uk and its hangups from 20 years ago. I wonder how long it will be before Bennie Hill is dug up to be tried as a criminal?

there is certainly a fight to become holier than thou in the UK at present...we are not quite at Canada's standards but closing in fast...

there has to be a balance between consensual groups as per GO's example and abuse of authority...

GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
there is certainly a fight to become holier than thou in the UK at present...we are not quite at Canada's standards but closing in fast...

there has to be a balance between consensual groups as per GO's example and abuse of authority...

What will happen is one too many snowflake complaining about something that happened 20 years ago, will lose a court case, be sued for slander, get taken to the cleaners and then 90% of the claims will suddenly get forgotten about on 'legal advice'.

The situation will return to 'normality' (whatever that may be), except a few real cases will not be brought to justice because too many people tried jumping on the bandwagon.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

What will happen is one too many snowflake complaining about something that happened 20 years ago, will lose a court case, be sued for slander, get taken to the cleaners and then 90% of the claims will suddenly get forgotten about on 'legal advice'.

The situation will return to 'normality' (whatever that may be), except a few real cases will not be brought to justice because too many people tried jumping on the bandwagon.

the risk is, of course, that the UK's legal system has joined the popularist band waggon and some of the 20 year "i accepted the meal, but was offended when he kissed me goodnight" could result in not only a charge, but a conviction too...

GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
GrahamO wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

the risk is, of course, that the UK's legal system has joined the popularist band waggon and some of the 20 year "i accepted the meal, but was offended when he kissed me goodnight" could result in not only a charge, but a conviction too...

You're right of course, but given the age of the people in the courtroom who are less likely to have any kind of truck with some of the nonsense being spouted at the moment, on balance I would expect there to be an acquittal as in most cases there are no witnesses.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
GrahamO wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

You're right of course, but given the age of the people in the courtroom who are less likely to have any kind of truck with some of the nonsense being spouted at the moment, on balance I would expect there to be an acquittal as in most cases there are no witnesses.

don't be too sure, they are still sulking that they will soon lose out on the rich takings that come from being a member of the european courts...

nannysooz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can verify that as a teenager in the '60 and a young woman in the 70's sexual harassment was almost an everyday occurrence and one learned to detect and avoid and to protect oneself from anything from unwanted attention to unpleasant contact. It was verbal too and a form of bullying. BUT, we learned to live with it. At the same time we were all "dolly birds" with short minis so it was a confusing time as well.We all understand that there were different kinds of men and to constantly be on one's guard. We pitied sexual pests although some must have married them.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nannysooz wrote:
I can verify that as a teenager in the '60 and a young woman in the 70's sexual harassment was almost an everyday occurrence and one learned to detect and avoid and to protect oneself from anything from unwanted attention to unpleasant contact. It was verbal too and a form of bullying. BUT, we learned to live with it. At the same time we were all "dolly birds" with short minis so it was a confusing time as well.We all understand that there were different kinds of men and to constantly be on one's guard. We pitied sexual pests although some must have married them.

I hope that we have come a long way since then nannysooz. That this kind of behaviour still takes place is disturbing especially in environments where people should know better although it seems that it is in those very environments where idiots still think it is acceptable...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: