Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Every man is a pervert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a funny old world.

The stories that my wife and old girlfriends have told me over the years of sexual harassment they've endured as women (and, more worryingly, as young girls) has been quite shocking. A real eye-opener into what many men are like (and surprising ones as culprits as well). I've genuinely been left quite disgusted at some of the stories.

But, times are a'changin', as they should. I think the biggest problem though is the feminist backlash and where they are driving this. Something does have to change, I do support that - women are not fair game for any lecherous bloke to 'cop a feel' whenever they get the chance. But, as always, there is a line and it worries me where this is leading.

Part of the problem is human nature. Men need sex and are driven by biology to try to find it whenever/wherever they can. It's only 'civilised society' and social conditioning that keeps it under some form of control. Conversely, women also need relationships & sex but have traditionally been defensive. Nature has, in simple terms, meant women are (generally) chased by men, and women pick and choose with whom they 'mate'.

In the 'old days' women just learned to live with this. They soon learn what men are like and either slapped the bloke, ignored him, or just endured and got on with life. (I'm talking the 'lighter' stuff here, not what I see as 'serious' sexual harassment). That's worked for centuries. But, for example, that silly little snowflake who was on TV yesterday up in arms and getting her 15 minutes of fame about some relatively harmless text from an old bloke saying 'if only I was younger' - seriously, get a ~#*$ grip woman.

So we still do need social mechanisms for men and women to find out if they are interested in each other without incurring criminal charges. But if we get to a stage where any nervous teenager wondering whether he should put an arm around his date at the cinema (like in my day)and needs to obtain written consent from her beforehand - it's all going to end up going horribly wrong. Not just for the men but ironically more so for women.

At this rate, women are going to wander why on earth they can't get a date; frustrated that no man ever asks her out, takes her out, tries to kiss her etc.. Society is going to become scarily sterile (in every sense) and the gulf between men and women will widen. It'll be gender-segregated public transport, schools, shops, offices next...

Interestingly, 'sexbots' are becoming increasingly popular as their capability increases. If the above continues on it's present path, I foresee a day in a few decades where women are going to start feeling redundant.

My 15 minutes of fame
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:

Interestingly, 'sexbots' are becoming increasingly popular as their capability increases.
poduct review Gus Wink

Fair points btw
Gus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Gus wrote:

Interestingly, 'sexbots' are becoming increasingly popular as their capability increases.
poduct review Gus Wink
Fair points btw

It was this article I read yesterday:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/2017/11/03/meet-harmony-sophisticated-sex-robot-ever-invented/

Must watch the program! (In the name of research, of course).

My 15 minutes of fame
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the planet does need a bit of population control; some places more than others.
awildt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
It is a funny old world.

The stories that my wife and old girlfriends have told me over the years of sexual harassment they've endured as women (and, more worryingly, as young girls) has been quite shocking. A real eye-opener into what many men are like (and surprising ones as culprits as well). I've genuinely been left quite disgusted at some of the stories.

But, times are a'changin', as they should. I think the biggest problem though is the feminist backlash and where they are driving this. Something does have to change, I do support that - women are not fair game for any lecherous bloke to 'cop a feel' whenever they get the chance. But, as always, there is a line and it worries me where this is leading.

Part of the problem is human nature. Men need sex and are driven by biology to try to find it whenever/wherever they can. It's only 'civilised society' and social conditioning that keeps it under some form of control. Conversely, women also need relationships & sex but have traditionally been defensive. Nature has, in simple terms, meant women are (generally) chased by men, and women pick and choose with whom they 'mate'.

In the 'old days' women just learned to live with this. They soon learn what men are like and either slapped the bloke, ignored him, or just endured and got on with life. (I'm talking the 'lighter' stuff here, not what I see as 'serious' sexual harassment). That's worked for centuries. But, for example, that silly little snowflake who was on TV yesterday up in arms and getting her 15 minutes of fame about some relatively harmless text from an old bloke saying 'if only I was younger' - seriously, get a ~#*$ grip woman.

So we still do need social mechanisms for men and women to find out if they are interested in each other without incurring criminal charges. But if we get to a stage where any nervous teenager wondering whether he should put an arm around his date at the cinema (like in my day)and needs to obtain written consent from her beforehand - it's all going to end up going horribly wrong. Not just for the men but ironically more so for women.

At this rate, women are going to wander why on earth they can't get a date; frustrated that no man ever asks her out, takes her out, tries to kiss her etc.. Society is going to become scarily sterile (in every sense) and the gulf between men and women will widen. It'll be gender-segregated public transport, schools, shops, offices next...

Interestingly, 'sexbots' are becoming increasingly popular as their capability increases. If the above continues on it's present path, I foresee a day in a few decades where women are going to start feeling redundant.

Agreed!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
the gulf between men and women will widen. It'll be gender-segregated public transport, schools, shops, offices next...

Some cultures pretty much operate like that now; but not because women have equality, quite the opposite.
awildt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Gus wrote:
the gulf between men and women will widen. It'll be gender-segregated public transport, schools, shops, offices next...

Some cultures pretty much operate like that now; but not because women have equality, quite the opposite.

Exactly. And then you go full circle, right back to the beginning with an oppressed society.
Gus

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awildt wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Gus wrote:

Exactly. And then you go full circle, right back to the beginning with an oppressed society.

Yep - my point was veiled irony (if you excuse the pun Wink )

My 15 minutes of fame
ed_m

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Went to a Corporate team-building event in Germany last week.

Blokes dressed up in drag.

Ladies being asked to be 'babes' (and some declined but some of the older ones didnt)

Drunkenness and the occasional wandering hand.

If it had been held in the UK, the PC brigade would have had a collective fit.

Meanwhile Germany carries on as normal and laughs at the Uk and its hangups from 20 years ago. I wonder how long it will be before Bennie Hill is dug up to be tried as a criminal?

I did invisibly raise an eyebrow when we visited a supplier in Munich recently that their receptionist was in traditionally buxom Bavarian attire... very pleasant it was too.
Not sure if it was stipulated or by choice, it was about Oktoberfest time so I suspect it's not an all year round thing but I'd be happy to go and verify.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Probably Oktoberfest related, unless they were a company manufacturing Tracht Wink The only places traditional dress tends be worn year-round are beer halls and restaurants owned by brewing companies.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_m wrote:
GrahamO wrote:

Ladies being asked to be 'babes' (and some declined but some of the older ones didnt)

Meanwhile Germany carries on as normal and laughs at the Uk and its hangups from 20 years ago. I wonder how long it will be before Bennie Hill is dug up to be tried as a criminal?

I did invisibly raise an eyebrow when we visited a supplier in Munich recently that their receptionist was in traditionally buxom Bavarian attire... very pleasant it was too.
Not sure if it was stipulated or by choice, it was about Oktoberfest time so I suspect it's not an all year round thing but I'd be happy to go and verify.

similar in austrian and swiss hotels...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
ed_m

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
ed_m wrote:
GrahamO wrote:

Still... I did manage not to cop a feel or make any inappropriate propositions.
So that's a win for mankind right ?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_m wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
ed_m wrote:
GrahamO wrote:

i think that the very fact that you considered the opportunity - even if only on reflection - would be enough...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_m wrote:

Is it too late for Mankind, have you already procreated?
Tin Pot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
It is a funny old world.

And yet somehow no teenager has been arrested for putting his arm around girl at the cinema. How is this possible in today's society? Incredible how the oh so complicated social rules of today are navigated by children.

Indeed, with the way society has gone too far in protecting women from sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape how can it be that any charges are ever brought against man?
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
10 Mile TT '16 00:26:30
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: