Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Tory v Labour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2607

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with new parties is that they need time to develop sustainable structures.

A better approach would be to work towards higher standards of wisdom and experience in politics. Recognising that you are serving and responsible to and for a diverse nation and not one ideological segment of society.

Better still make sure that politicians understand that with power comes responsibility and that power can corrupt the best. Hence no men and opposing views are vital for balanced governance.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16315
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lib Dems/Vince Cable have been very quiet through all of this, and don't seem to eb taking advantage....maybe they are unable. The nationalist parties are pretty quiet too; maybe they are just letting it all play out.
_________________
25 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gus




Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 2290
Location: Freezing my nads off in Aberdoom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
The Lib Dems/Vince Cable have been very quiet through all of this, and don't seem to eb taking advantage....maybe they are unable. The nationalist parties are pretty quiet too; maybe they are just letting it all play out.


I wonder if they primarily feel after their kicking in the election that their message is clearly not popular. Even standing as the only pro-Brexit party their expectation that they were in with a chance of making massive swings their way proved to be delusional.

Whilst Cable bangs on with stupidity ("only OAP's voted for Brexit") I think the rest of the party are wondering what their raison d'etre really is.
_________________
BLOG now updating again!
In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big...

My 15 minutes of fame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gus




Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 2290
Location: Freezing my nads off in Aberdoom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Gus wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Indeed...there are a couple of 'military' backed ones that i have been invited to join but i am slightly nervous of:

a. any party directly associated with the military (junta anybody?)

b. part of their manifesto is to absolve all service personnel (for the right reasons)


Interesting.... are they small-scale / localised? Any info? Website etc.?


will message you some details tomoz....nothing to get excited about Wink


in fact, this is the latest...I haven't done any research yet, so i can't judge their policies/opinions...

http://reboot2020.com/


Fascinating, wonder who's behind it? I love the ideals... but as with all these sorts of things, they will probably (sadly) remain as ideals. (Yes I know with that attitude nothing will ever change, but I'm too old and cynical to now ever believe otherwise!).

This particularly worried me:

Quote:
A new national bank that will pay 10% interest on savings and 8% on current accounts.


I'd like to see the economics behind that. All so easy to promise - why not give everyone 'free money' for life etc.... bribery only works as long as you can afford to pay for it.
_________________
BLOG now updating again!
In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big...

My 15 minutes of fame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2607

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
The Lib Dems/Vince Cable have been very quiet through all of this, and don't seem to eb taking advantage....maybe they are unable. The nationalist parties are pretty quiet too; maybe they are just letting it all play out.


I wonder if they primarily feel after their kicking in the election that their message is clearly not popular. Even standing as the only pro-Brexit party their expectation that they were in with a chance of making massive swings their way proved to be delusional.

Whilst Cable bangs on with stupidity ("only OAP's voted for Brexit") I think the rest of the party are wondering what their raison d'etre really is.
I have chatted to a number of LibDem powers..

1. A Lord, who got it.

2. A strategist, who I have gently provoked thought with for years, who is only now coming around to accept what the problems are.

3. A local ex councillor who sees things differently to me, churn my man itís all about churn, oh and how they did such a great job in government in saving the nation. Yeh right. (That might be a little unfair and sorry if it is).

4. I recently found out that a Tory strategist I know who resigned from the conservatives over Brexit, is err um now with the LibDems.

Itís enough to make your head spin.

The simple reality is that in my opinion (1) the power went to their heads in power, which is a common human trait that I have suffered from myself in the past, and (2) they let us voters down badly, but have real trouble admitting that, preferring to talk about churn, which actually makes their position worse.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SloggingScotsman




Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 2607

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus

Donít forget that government finance works differently to household budgets, due to things like QE. Printing money resolved the banking crisis but go to far and you get ruined economies. Most money nowadays is invented from thin air by typing into a computer and some accounting entries.

That is the reality, not the austerity propaganda.

Donít take this out of context get the sums wrong and you donít have an economy.

Finland has proven that eg a minimum income for all does work, and several other countries are also contemplating it.

As I explained years ago, just as QE solved the banking crisis, it could have solved the deficit crisis in an afternoon. If the political will was there. I think you will find that political will will be found globally over the coming decades as fear politics gives way to planetary stability politics.

My point Gus, donít believe the right wing political fear based propaganda, while control and wisdom are very much required, governments globally, and banks for that matter, create money out of thin air, daily. The problem comes with countries (often left wing I give you) go way too far, and instead of solving problems, end up destabilising their nations.

But again what the heck do I know.
_________________
Vote Stewart for Secretary General of the UN Smile
Good Judgement Project Brier Score 0.142 (median 0.367) https://www.gjopen.com/
Read: Our Place in the Twenty First Century
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gus




Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 2290
Location: Freezing my nads off in Aberdoom

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SloggingScotsman wrote:
Gus

Donít forget that government finance works differently to household budgets, due to things like QE. Printing money resolved the banking crisis but go to far and you get ruined economies. Most money nowadays is invented from thin air by typing into a computer and some accounting entries.

That is the reality, not the austerity propaganda.

Donít take this out of context get the sums wrong and you donít have an economy.

Finland has proven that eg a minimum income for all does work, and several other countries are also contemplating it.

As I explained years ago, just as QE solved the banking crisis, it could have solved the deficit crisis in an afternoon. If the political will was there. I think you will find that political will will be found globally over the coming decades as fear politics gives way to planetary stability politics.

My point Gus, donít believe the right wing political fear based propaganda, while control and wisdom are very much required, governments globally, and banks for that matter, create money out of thin air, daily. The problem comes with countries (often left wing I give you) go way too far, and instead of solving problems, end up destabilising their nations.

But again what the heck do I know.


Yeah Sloggers - I think we've had this very debate before (sense of deja vu Wink)...

Printing money is an 'easy' solution but it's the long-term impact that has to be considered. Short termism is, unfortunately, the bad by-product of our political system. I don't think we 'resolved' the banking crisis - we just delayed it (and made it worse) for the future - 'kicking the can down the road' has rightly become the motto of the 21st century.
_________________
BLOG now updating again!
In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big...

My 15 minutes of fame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 14656
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finland's minimum income has worked since, er....1 Jan 2017, for a n unemployed population of, er...2,000

Britain's welfare system certainly needs to sorting....but i am not sure many lower to middle income people could carry much more financial pressure....

Still, it's always encouraging that queenie has her dosh safely stowed away, overseen by the treasury....
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2017 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.