Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Black Friday Heads up UK Deals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy916

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
Andy916 wrote:
Do these top-end wetsuits give any real advantage over a good mid-price one I wonder?

When my old Orca wetsuit had to be retired after providing winter sustenance for our resident mice in the garage, I bought a Vanquish.

The change I noticed was phenomenal. I'm a middle/back-of-the-pack swimmer with not great technique and I definitely noticed a difference. Can't remember now the actual time difference but it was noticeable. I suspect its clever arrangement of buoyancy panels and sleekness in the right areas made up for my crap technique through the water.

So, was your 'old Orca' a decent middle-range item or entry level?

Vanquish and Aspire are upper- and mid-range, with current deals of 285 and 200 available. Spec looks fairly similar, bit more sales bolleaux in the spec for the Vanquish.

Reason for my scepticism is that the only difference in swim efficiency I've noticed so far is between my entry-level 2xu (which was thicker on the arms/shoulders) and the various mid/upper-range ones that have followed over the last 8 years.
JamieMcP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
JamieMcP wrote:
I keep thinking about upgrading my 920xt but mainly because I can't be arsed to use the PC to upload things

You don't use Bluetooth to your phone with the Garmin app?

That's because I actually have a 910

So many races so little time.
fat buddha

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
I have spent so much money on triathlon this year I dont dare look Smile

Hope the BTF do their membership discount again this year, had about 30% off last year.

it's back on but at 20% this year - https://www.britishtriathlon.org/blacktriday
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
iwaters wrote:
I have spent so much money on triathlon this year I dont dare look Smile

Hope the BTF do their membership discount again this year, had about 30% off last year.

it's back on but at 20% this year - https://www.britishtriathlon.org/blacktriday
"Discount not available for current members", but is available for members due for renewal.

What an utter bull$hit policy. So just because my renewal date falls to be end of Feb, I can't save any money. Yet someone who, before the whole concept of Black Friday actually existed, arbitrarily originally joined around the end of November can get a 20% discount. Totally unfair!
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Training Peaks and WKO4 both 25% off.

What's the view on the two products? I'm coached via the training peaks platform, but is there much to be gained by going Premium? $90 for the year.

WKO4 is obviously more expensive, at $127 discounted, but that's a one time deal and gives you more detailed analysis of your data right? Like a super charged Golden Cheetah, but still all driven automatically from your training peaks account.

On WKO4 - I know its desktop, but can you install on more than one computer? My current laptop is probably going to die in the not too distant future.
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a big discussion on ST at the moment about WK04 and the way it works out levels - way over my head but Coggan and Liversedge are rekindling their mutual dislike quite nicely.

May be worth having a look at that before forking out.
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TP Premium gives you some nice graphs, not worth it of you are coached as you don't really need to see them but its whether you think its worth the annual fee for that. WK04 again for self coached athletes and coaches is great but for someone who is being told what to do its just a few pretty pictures and some numbers.
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
TP Premium gives you some nice graphs, not worth it of you are coached as you don't really need to see them but its whether you think its worth the annual fee for that. WK04 again for self coached athletes and coaches is great but for someone who is being told what to do its just a few pretty pictures and some numbers.

Fair enough. I do like pretty pictures, and find the data on golden cheetah for example interesting to look at, but as you say, if I'm paying for the coaching I should probably just accept he knows what he's doing and put my trust in his process.
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fenix 3 on amazon for 199.99 at the moment. Can't recall seeing it that cheap
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trek sample sale announced for next at their MK HQ.

Always some great bargains there, usually everything guaranteed.

You need to be at the first session to get the best deals though. They don't bring much new stuff out for the later sessions - it is pretty much all out from the start.

Bits of everything from across Trek/Bontrager range are usually there, some new, some sample or press demo items - Road, MTB, hybrids, huge amount of clothing & accessories. etc. Always been some great carbon wheels at previous sales - not many people turn up with the intention of buying the expensive bits so they sometimes last a few hours. Usually lots of shoe bargains, but they go really quickly.
If anyone really wants me to look out for something but can't go themselves then let me know and I can always talk/text on on the phone on the day and snap something up if they want it.

1st December 2017 from 7.30am to 9.30am
1st December 2017 from 12pm to 2.30pm
1st December 2017 from 4.30pm to 6.30pm

Address: Show on map
9 Sherbourne Drive,
Milton Keynes
MK7 8HX

Description
Avail of sample clothing, helmets, components and bicycles, and footwear at bargain prices at the Trek Bicycle Sample Sale.
Cash, debit and credit card are accepted.
iwaters

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stivrunning wrote:
iwaters wrote:
HUUB have a blackfriday mailing list. You can access the stuff before it goes live tomorrow. Half price Archimedes II. Some half price tri suits. I want one of the DS long course suits in club colours but they are not reduced. The nationality ones are, UK and USA. Might get one of those.

yes very disappointed with HUUB was after a DS too , but not reduced

heyho

Use code DSSUIT40 for 40% off. Better than a kick in the teeth.
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trek sale was awesome Smile
New road, hybrid and MTB tyres 1.00 each (first few people through the door grabbed pretty much all of them once they saw the prices).
150.00 carbon saddles down to 5.00 (white only)
New deep and mid carbon wheels between 120.00 and 200.00 each for 900.00 to 1200.00 items.
Socks 1.00 per pair
Pairs of 16g threaded CO2 for 2.00
80mm 700c tubes 1.00
Loads of shoes 40.00 down from between 140.00 and 240.00 etc. etc.
Loads of clothing but only about 60% of.
A lot of bikes typically 50-60% off.

Probably same time next year....(sometimes it is a bit earlier in the year).
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony Stark wrote:
Trek sale was awesome Smile
New road, hybrid and MTB tyres 1.00 each (first few people through the door grabbed pretty much all of them once they saw the prices).
150.00 carbon saddles down to 5.00 (white only)
New deep and mid carbon wheels between 120.00 and 200.00 each for 900.00 to 1200.00 items.
Socks 1.00 per pair
Pairs of 16g threaded CO2 for 2.00
80mm 700c tubes 1.00
Loads of shoes 40.00 down from between 140.00 and 240.00 etc. etc.
Loads of clothing but only about 60% of.
A lot of bikes typically 50-60% off.

Probably same time next year....(sometimes it is a bit earlier in the year).

doh! i thought about it...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: