Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Nearly part of a sponsored team, and I need help!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blindcider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
blindcider wrote:

I seem to recall he posted a pic of his bike and got a bit of stick over it and whether it was tax deductible or not. Don't remember the details that well tbh

He did get baited/challenged from time-to-time, but it's difficult in his position when you own a business and try to be unbiased, or at least come across as such. On that bike; we all accept that people who work for car dealerships drive demonstrators or get cheap cars, so I'm not sure why he got hot under the collar there.

I can't comment on that as I wasn't involved and only recall it from flicking through the bikes pic thread and drooling at the lovely machines.

You might doubt the objectivity of any comment that I made anyway as I am in the process of 'playing the game' along with Ozzie. Reading the submissions I have gone on a completely different angle to all the other participants. I don't have a hard luck story or a gone fat/lazy to fit so I've tried to show a bit of personality. I have a lot of comments and likes from people I don't actually know which is great. As it stands with a couple of days left I will make the team unless something drastically changes.

I just saw it as an opportunity that I might never get again. Whether my athletic talent is actually worthy of this opportunity is a very different question.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindcider wrote:

I just saw it as an opportunity that I might never get again. Whether my athletic talent is actually worthy of this opportunity is a very different question.

Your athletic talent is secondary as part of this 'development' team so I believe; they're looking for a good digital footprint....so keep those posts going Very Happy Wink
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Reading the submissions I have gone on a completely different angle to all the other participants. I don't have a hard luck story or a gone fat/lazy to fit so I've tried to show a bit of personality.

Ha ha! Not sure that's true of all the other participants - I've got no sob story to tell, and I hope I don't fall into the fat/lazy category...

I don't have the social media footprint for this, so I'm pretty much already out of the running, but will be watching with interest over the next few days.

Good luck![/quote]
blindcider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie1973 wrote:
Quote:
Reading the submissions I have gone on a completely different angle to all the other participants. I don't have a hard luck story or a gone fat/lazy to fit so I've tried to show a bit of personality.

Ha ha! Not sure that's true of all the other participants - I've got no sob story to tell, and I hope I don't fall into the fat/lazy category...

I don't have the social media footprint for this, so I'm pretty much already out of the running, but will be watching with interest over the next few days.

Good luck!
[/quote]

No, you went for the successful athlete angle.

Don't give up. One guy added 200 shares this morning which looks suspect as hell. I suspect he's spammed everyone on his facebook friend list.

I hope I'm safe-ishly in at the moment but could easily get gazumped if people play silly games late on like buying likes or spam dumping
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*aspiring* successful triafleet - I haven't done it yet! Very Happy
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 112 FB friends, most of whom don't do tri. I'd be fooked.
blindcider

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

I have 4 weapons which seem to have got me there - My running club, my parkrun community as an RD I am quite well known, the website FetchEveryone who have just boosted me by about 50 comments today alone and the PlanetRugby forum Very Happy
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindcider wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

I have 4 weapons which seem to have got me there - My running club, my parkrun community as an RD I am quite well known, the website FetchEveryone who have just boosted me by about 50 comments today alone and the PlanetRugby forum Very Happy

Interesting about the website above. Is that basically an engine solely to garner support for digital campaigns on whatever level? Welcome to the Gig Economy!
blindcider

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
blindcider wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

Interesting about the website above. Is that basically an engine solely to garner support for digital campaigns on whatever level? Welcome to the Gig Economy!

It's a sport tracking/forum/blogging social media environment type thingy. Its what the improved TT should be aiming at being similar to if it ever gets off the ground IMO

Forums and blogs are not very searchable but its a nice place for a chat and I like the interfaces for looking at training. The inmates tend to be a bit more mature than a lot of social media type places.

Take a look: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blindcider wrote:

It's a sport tracking/forum/blogging social media environment type thingy. Its what the improved TT should be aiming at being similar to if it ever gets off the ground IMO

Alas, this won't happen unless the ownership of TT changes. There is both the will and expertise to make more of this site i.e. evolve it, but whilst we do not own the ability to make fundamental changes to the web domain, this cannot happen.

The owner Gareth now lives in Canada iirc. He has put money in the meter over the years to keep it going, but doesn't appear to be receptive (or proactive) enough in letting go of the reins sufficiently to allow the changes the site needs. I've mentioned in the past that a few of us would probably buy him out, but I think he still clings to TT despite the fact he's let it wither on the vine and it has little financial value in it's current form.

He needs to sh!t or get off the pot Smile
blindcider

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested. I made the team.

As of yet, I have no idea what that actually means although I'm not sure the owners know what it means yet.

I currently haven't decided on my race plans for 2018 but it could be fun Very Happy
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Blindcider - I think you had the numbers from quite early on, so it was a good result for you.

I didn't make it, unfortunately. I don't use Facebook a lot and I'm surprised I got the volume of support that I did, so I'm definitely not complaining!

Good luck.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently my wife knows someone from Bristol who just made 'a team'. I asked if it was GB age group, apparently no it's FB related, so must be the same one. I told her it was more a social media footprint exercise than a team Very Happy
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ozzie1973 wrote:

I didn't make it, unfortunately. I don't use Facebook a lot and I'm surprised I got the volume of support that I did, so I'm definitely not complaining!

You still have us Ozzie; don't be a stranger Wink Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: