Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
No Sh1t sherlock...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffB

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucy G had a bit of a dig about this and his well timed announcement about rowing to deflect the attention.

I'd like to think he didn't do anything that anyone else hasn't been doing, but I can understand why people doubt him.

It's fairly obvious they don't get their supplements from Holland & Barrett.

On a side note no-one seems to have mentioned the 60 year old TT'er that got busted after finishing 95th in a 25TT, and claimed his wife had spiked his smoothies to help him loose weight Sad

Jeff
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
Lucy G had a bit of a dig about this and his well timed announcement about rowing to deflect the attention.

I'd like to think he didn't do anything that anyone else hasn't been doing, but I can understand why people doubt him.

It's fairly obvious they don't get their supplements from Holland & Barrett.

On a side note no-one seems to have mentioned the 60 year old TT'er that got busted after finishing 95th in a 25TT, and claimed his wife had spiked his smoothies to help him loose weight Sad

Jeff

My wife has been spiking my food for years to make me gain weight....there's always an extra portion on my plate....

I get tweeted updates on every doping case and they seem to be daily at the moment

Looking forward to AG testing in Glasgow next year

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
JeffB

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:

It will be interesting, especially if they don't realise it could happen. Given the amount of people caught by CTT we'd be fairly naive to think it doesn't happen in triathlon.

Jeff
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

It will be interesting, especially if they don't realise it could happen. Given the amount of people caught by CTT we'd be fairly naive to think it doesn't happen in triathlon.

Jeff

There is both an announcement and an advertising campaign

Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:

What, telling people to make sure they don't accept smoothies made by other family members?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

What, telling people to make sure they don't accept smoothies made by other family members?

no, just giving athletes plenty of time to order jiffy bags so there is no last minute rush...

Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that in certain countries, the control of prescription medicines & compounds is not as tight as the UK for example. You have to think that doping is more prevalent in those nations where getting hold of banned PEDs is a lot easier, and doesn't involve as much 'shady' activity to obtain them.

Germany is at the other end of the spectrum; you can't even buy Paracetamol off the shelf there! But pop into the Canton of a german speaking neighbour, and things are somewhat more liberalised.

I must be due a test at work; it's been quite a few months!
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I know that in certain countries, the control of prescription medicines & compounds is not as tight as the UK for example. You have to think that doping is more prevalent in those nations where getting hold of banned PEDs is a lot easier, and doesn't involve as much 'shady' activity to obtain them.

Germany is at the other end of the spectrum; you can't even buy Paracetamol off the shelf there! But pop into the Canton of a german speaking neighbour, and things are somewhat more liberalised.

I must be due a test at work; it's been quite a few months!

Lucy was again calling sky out for their 5%....or, more precisely, SS...I am with her all the way

Doca

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did anyone watch the cycling program on BBC2 last night? if not then it is worth a watch, covering a lot that is discussed here.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, it's almost exclusively the fiftysomething males that never want to give-way to faster lane swimmers; I don't think it's a push to think they are the most prevalent demographic to dope either... where ego collides with ageing vs performance issues.

I obviously have zero data, and I'm just remote viewing this ( Wink ), but I would be surprised if this wasn't the biggest doping demographic.
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
JeffB wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

Jeff

Got to say I don't recall seeing an announcement or ad campaign, unless it hasn't started yet? Not that I'm really aiming to qualify though.

Jeff
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
In my experience, it's almost exclusively the fiftysomething males that never want to give-way to faster lane swimmers; I don't think it's a push to think they are the most prevalent demographic to dope either... where ego collides with ageing vs performance issues.

I obviously have zero data, and I'm just remote viewing this ( Wink ), but I would be surprised if this wasn't the biggest doping demographic.

Hmm, I'd probably put it at the 35+ range when some might think they need a bit extra to remain at their current abilities.

Being a bit naive again, but for Sutton to say they could get an extra 5% from a TUE is a massive gain at that kind of level, if he'd said .5 to 1% then maybe. But 5% is huge so either something really potent or slightly exagerated, albeit not very ethical either way.

The annoying bit with Sky was their original stance and rejecting riders like Miller that had a dodgy past.

Jeff
the_exile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The administrative error that resulted in testosterone patches being delivered is one that I would love to see properly investigated.

When it comes to the legally ok but morally questionable one is something that I struggle with. Sutton’s comments about using TUEs to their advantage was no shock to anyone other than the biggest fanboys. The cycling magazines and papers have all feigned shock with the headlines today.

What I would love to know is how this is driven, does the team say “do this or your dropped” or are the riders complicit?

People do things in their jobs every day that causes them to question what they do but they just get on and do it - the legal profession even has the cab rank rule to ensure people do not let morals impact a barristers decision to accept work. If I was given the opportunity to hugely benefit my career that wasn’t illegal, would I do it - it depends. Do I think it is bad that cyclists do it - yes. Am I a massive hypocrite - most definitely.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
JeffB wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

Jeff

Got to say I don't recall seeing an announcement or ad campaign, unless it hasn't started yet? Not that I'm really aiming to qualify though.

Jeff

Just announced...more to follow

Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Exile wrote:
The administrative error that resulted in testosterone patches being delivered is one that I would love to see properly investigated.

Maybe they were for personal consumption by Shane; he's not getting any younger....apparently can't even remember his home address.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: