Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
2018 Season - what are you signed up for?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entered so far:
The Big Half (new VLM team HM)
Mallorca 70.3
IM Copenhagen

To enter are the ITU standard distance qualifiers, with the aim of making a big trip out of going to the Gold Coast (I have friends out there).
Also contemplating ITU Long Course or ETU middle distance (although missed the boat on first round of submissions for the latter - annoyingly would have got a round 1 Q had I submitted the entry in time).
steveymac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 2 years of work not really allowing anything due to being busy/overseas for the most part, all being well, I'll get a decent winter and 2018 to do some stuff.

Events entered:

May - Slateman savage
June - Centurion tri
Aug - Cotswold classic
Sept - Brutal half
Oct - Craggy Island x-tri
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In:

Marlow Tri Oly. (deferral from last year but might step it up to HIM)
LCW

Thinking about:

Mumbles duathlon.

Got a deferred place for Fred Whitton but paying another entry fee doesn't float my boat.

Placeholder for IM Wales, accom is booked but only min deposit at risk. Will see how LCW shakes out.
Richard Allbert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

08.04.17 Milano Marathon
03.06.17 70.3 Kraichgau
08.07.17 IM Frankfurt

Plus, for sure (but non officially entered)

Sep 2017 Monza Half Marathon
Oct 2017 Cremona Half Marathon

Maybe, but probably not:

Oct 2017 IM Italy
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another one with a miserable year this year due to illness and injury, injuries are healing slowly.

London Mara (deferred from this year)

Cleveland Steelman 70.3 - Aug

Chicago Mara (deferred from this year) - Oct

Got my eye on a few others of various distances, won't be going over 70.3 but looking at Edinburgh or Weymouth, and there's one in America just after Chicago. A slot to Nice in 2019 would be nice but I'd need a good day and decent roll-down.

Probably several local ones and might put in an entry for the National 100TT which is in the lake district, but fairly flat.

Jeff
Andy G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
Another one with a miserable year this year due to illness and injury, injuries are healing slowly.

Got my eye on a few others of various distances, won't be going over 70.3 but looking at Edinburgh or Weymouth, and there's one in America just after Chicago. A slot to Nice in 2019 would be nice but I'd need a good day and decent roll-down.

Probably several local ones and might put in an entry for the National 100TT which is in the lake district, but fairly flat.

Jeff

When you are considering races be aware that it appears that Edinburgh 2018 will be a qualifier for the 2018 WC in S.Africa whilst Weymouth 2018 will be a qualifier for Nice 2019 WC.
Andy G

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am looking at an early season marathon with a view to a Good For Age qualification for London 2019 - maybe Manchester or somewhere on the continent.

I am all signed up for the Outlaw and for IM Barcelona

Andy G
JeffB

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy G wrote:
JeffB wrote:

Jeff

When you are considering races be aware that it appears that Edinburgh 2018 will be a qualifier for the 2018 WC in S.Africa whilst Weymouth 2018 will be a qualifier for Nice 2019 WC.

Hi, yes, I know Edinburgh is a Q for 2018, but I know a few people doing it and it's only about a 2.5 hour drive for me. Will probably be a bit too cold for me as well!

Jeff
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolls downs for the 70.3 WC were massive at Edinburgh last year, mate got a slot in M35-39 and he finished 35th ish, suspect that is partly because it's a late qualifier for that year's WC rather than early for next year.

Also Nice is closer/more well known so I think a few more may be interested so any Nice Q events may not roll as far as Chattanooga/South Africa.

On a related note, will they be able to get a big climb in from Nice with 56 miles to play with, don't really know the area.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planning to enter The Outlaw again, a few TTs and a few audax events. Will aim to get along to my local ParkRun a bit more too.
JeffB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Rolls downs for the 70.3 WC were massive at Edinburgh last year, mate got a slot in M35-39 and he finished 35th ish, suspect that is partly because it's a late qualifier for that year's WC rather than early for next year.

Also Nice is closer/more well known so I think a few more may be interested so any Nice Q events may not roll as far as Chattanooga/South Africa.

On a related note, will they be able to get a big climb in from Nice with 56 miles to play with, don't really know the area.

Not sure Choo or SA were high up on a lot of UK racers hit lists even for a world champs, I remember Wimbleball rolling down to about 30th the year I did it, and the WC was still in Vegas.

I think Nice might be a different story, quite a lot of people would even be able to drive there.

Isn't the course already advertised?

Jeff
jay clock

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am doing Mallorca 70.3 on 12 May. Bike should be ok as I have a 5000km ride across USA for 9 weeks over March and April. No swimming of any sort and will try and do one run a week up to 15-16k

www.usacycle2018.com

Jay
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much in the pipeline for me yet.

Arc of Attrition 100 mile ultra in Feb and that's it.

Also getting talked into my first (mtb) enduro in July up on Exmoor. That'd probably be a bit of a laugh.

May look for a spring half if my ultra goes well, and have another crack at getting a champs time.

Probably a few other off road local races this year i think.
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds brutal GB!

Not completely related but the Challenge CEO was hinting there could be a race in the UK next year, it was tagged to the end of an interview on TRI247 yesterday about Daytona.

Interesting to see whether they would take over an existing race or start one themselves. Wonder if they will stick to 70.3 as well.

Jeff
Doonhamer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scans at the end of January followed by probable knee arthroscopy sometime later.

Can cycle/swim at around 70% effort so just ticking over atm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: