Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Wheezy Boy...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:

But as the BBC podcast said...to those who want to hate, nothing they have released will change that view.

The BBC is so far entrenched in post modernist ideology that I would not be surprised if an alleged journalist did use that term. It does, of course, get used to simply reject any criticism or opposing view rather than provide an effective defence or riposte.

What would have changed my view is if they had been honest in the first place...

They actually used "doubters" from memory. I was just paraphrasing.

the team ought to take responsibility for people doubting...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

The BBC is so far entrenched in post modernist ideology that I would not be surprised if an alleged journalist did use that term. It does, of course, get used to simply reject any criticism or opposing view rather than provide an effective defence or riposte.

What would have changed my view is if they had been honest in the first place...

You should listen to the podcast, pretty sure that was Michael Hutchinson who made that comment & he reviewed the documents for the BBC. I couldn't think of anyone better to do that honestly.

it's on my list...

stenard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:

But as the BBC podcast said...to those who want to hate, nothing they have released will change that view.

I won't deny that. But that was my point. They are now attempting to be more transparent, and yet that is also now being somewhat held against them. That was the point of the BBC podcast team...they predicted that they would be damned if they do, and damned if they don't
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:

I won't deny that. But that was my point. They are now attempting to be more transparent, and yet that is also now being somewhat held against them. That was the point of the BBC podcast team...they predicted that they would be damned if they do, and damned if they don't

No, they are damned because they didn't, but now want to be taken at face value...

stenard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:

No, they are damned because they didn't, but now want to be taken at face value...

So they are eternally damned?
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:

As a team? Not at all...

However, the team manager doesn't have the necessary ethics to lead a sports team...you accept unethical people at your own risk...

stenard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:

As a team? Not at all...

However, the team manager doesn't have the necessary ethics to lead a sports team...you accept unethical people at your own risk...

So you actually mean "yes the team are, in its current form".
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
stenard wrote:

As a team? Not at all...

So you actually mean "yes the team are, in its current form".

their choice...

Pebble 2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sportsscientists.com/2018/07/can-we-trust-the-tour-sky-and-chris-froome-le-monde-op-ed/
Chrace

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or this one - test is quite simply wrong says creator of test:
http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/4986/scientist-behind-salbutamol-threshold-admits-terrible-blunder
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pebble 2 wrote:
http://sportsscientists.com/2018/07/can-we-trust-the-tour-sky-and-chris-froome-le-monde-op-ed/

Crap article - it basically says, once you get through the whining, that they want transparency but even if you are transparent, they won’t believe you if you are Sky.

So then, why bother being transparent if you will still be called a liar by someone with no evidence of guilt.

Typically French.
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Pebble 2 wrote:

Crap article - it basically says, once you get through the whining, that they want transparency but even if you are transparent, they won’t believe you if you are Sky.

So then, why bother being transparent if you will still be called a liar by someone with no evidence of guilt.

Typically French.

Ross whatisname comes across as more and more of a dick with a large chip on his shoulder and a grudge. Many moons ago he had a balanced opinion, now he simply finds ways that everything in modern sport is wrong/cheating/doping/anything other than good (delete as appropriate).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: