Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Wheezy Boy...
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15655
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Wheezy Boy... Reply with quote

...needs another note from matron...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fat buddha




Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 2495
Location: rural Zuzzex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
_________________
And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SidSnot




Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 1631

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like he took a little too much
_________________
@sidmott
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gingerbongo




Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1615
Location: Devon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard htis on the news this morning, and wondered who would have the thread started by the time i got to work! Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17428
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean every time I get short of breath or feel pain when over-exerting myself, I get to dope?
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mattsurf




Joined: 28 Sep 2016
Posts: 533
Location: Zug, Switzerland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Does that mean every time I get short of breath or feel pain when over-exerting myself, I get to dope?


yes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17428
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Does that mean every time I get short of breath or feel pain when over-exerting myself, I get to dope?


yes


I was thinking I could just get off my head on Tramadol?
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15655
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
I heard htis on the news this morning, and wondered who would have the thread started by the time i got to work! Very Happy


you can rely on me...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15655
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
mattsurf wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Does that mean every time I get short of breath or feel pain when over-exerting myself, I get to dope?


yes


I was thinking I could just get off my head on Tramadol?


cool...i can increase my dose without fear of a ban...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JeffB




Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 1246
Location: Middlesbrough

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect he'll get the victory taken off him and a ban TBH.

Depends on how good Sky's lawyers are this time.

Although something did suggest urine tests can be distorted with this.

It's one of those things, what benefit will an asthma shot have to you in the grand scheme of things compared to something like EPO, but if it's against the rules....

Although I think some of this is more about bashing Sky and cycling in general, I'd like to think Froome wasn't as bad as some but perhaps I'm being nave.

It certainly doesn't look like the systemic abuse by entire nations.

Jeff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17428
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other two guys who've won the Tour 4 times in the last 30 years have beaten a whole raft of riders who had doping sanctions (Lance & Mig). Much like Track sprinting, I'm skeptical.
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrace




Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 2803
Location: Eating a Yorkie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll go the opposite way and say I think at worst it's an honest mistake - at least by himself. Whether the team or doctor has decided against his will is different.

There's been so many big falls recently that it'd be daft to seek advantage on something that is clearly bound to be tested. If team decided it was worth the risk, and possible to talk their way out of, and then advised him to take it is a different game. But I actually think he himself tries to be clean.

He might still go down on it of course.


(And I initially thought Wheezy from this forum had been up to something...)
_________________
Where the mind goes the body follows.


Last edited by Chrace on Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15655
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
I'll go the opposite way and say I think at worst it's an honest mistake - at least by himself. Whether the team or doctor has decided against his will is different.

There's been so many big falls recently that it'd be daft to seek advantage on something that is clearly bound to be tested. If team decided it was worth the risk, and possible to talk their way out of, and then advised him to take it is a different game. But I actually think he himself tries to be clean.

He might still go down on it of course.


an honest mistake?

It took me 20 seconds to check the dosage levels...

unless, of course, the doc had forgotten what was in the last jiffy bag he had administered... Laughing
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hammerer
Site Admin



Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 16544
Location: Right Next Door To Hell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on Salbutamol. It doesn't make me faster or riding any easier. It has no effect when Im well, it opens the airways when I'm struggling to breath though. Its banned because of health implications over a certain dosage NOT for its performance enhancing benefits. The first thing i did was check on the globalDRO the dosage when i was first prescribed it. It's 1600 g (4x2puffs in 24hours), the maximum dose. That's all well but its measured in testing by the urine concentration which is 1000ug.ml-1.

This 1600 dosage is proven to raise the urine concentration above the 1000ug.ml-1 limit in hot temperatures.
https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/resources/files/whyte_0.pdf
_________________
Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15655
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
I'm on Salbutamol. It doesn't make me faster or riding any easier. It has no effect when Im well, it opens the airways when I'm struggling to breath though. Its banned because of health implications over a certain dosage NOT for its performance enhancing benefits. The first thing i did was check on the globalDRO the dosage when i was first prescribed it. It's 1600 g (4x2puffs in 24hours), the maximum dose. That's all well but its measured in testing by the urine concentration which is 1000ug.ml-1.

This 1600 dosage is proven to raise the urine concentration above the 1000ug.ml-1 limit in hot temperatures.
https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/files/resources/files/whyte_0.pdf


in the first case, yes, as i am too, but the guidelines are clear...

in the second...we shall see...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.