Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Wheezy Boy...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 345
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedro Peru wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Hands up, I love supporting Sky when their racing and have always been of the opinion that they do it right.

Until this year. Wiggo's TUE and now this. Makes you really wonder.

What I'm really wondering is.................from day 1 Sky have had a zero tolerance approach. Where does this leave Froome, error or not?


the same as the rest...on the naughty step for 10 minutes....


Even if he gets a ban? That would go against everything they stand/stood for.

Soooooooooo, would that mean a new policy, they'll start hiring anyone?

Saw the news re Disney. Very interesting. Sky are confirmed as sponsors until 2020. Froome's contract runs out then and no apparent successor in place.

Will 2020 be the end of the road? I believe the holding company for Team Sky is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sky, that would mean someone buying the company from Sky if the team was to continue.

What do they stand for?

If they really had a zero tolerance policy they wouldn't have hired anyone from Rabobank. Even if they hadn't been caught, Rabo were notorious before Rasmussen went to Mexico, I mean Italy. On top of what JibberJim has already pointed out.


Fair point, they made a total mess of that.

Having a good read at the different opinion today, the consensus seems to be that Brailsford seems to be distancing Sky from Froome in Sky's statement. He appears to be putting the onus on Froome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15002
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoemck wrote:
Pedro Peru wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Hands up, I love supporting Sky when their racing and have always been of the opinion that they do it right.

Until this year. Wiggo's TUE and now this. Makes you really wonder.

What I'm really wondering is.................from day 1 Sky have had a zero tolerance approach. Where does this leave Froome, error or not?


the same as the rest...on the naughty step for 10 minutes....


Even if he gets a ban? That would go against everything they stand/stood for.

Soooooooooo, would that mean a new policy, they'll start hiring anyone?

Saw the news re Disney. Very interesting. Sky are confirmed as sponsors until 2020. Froome's contract runs out then and no apparent successor in place.

Will 2020 be the end of the road? I believe the holding company for Team Sky is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sky, that would mean someone buying the company from Sky if the team was to continue.

What do they stand for?

If they really had a zero tolerance policy they wouldn't have hired anyone from Rabobank. Even if they hadn't been caught, Rabo were notorious before Rasmussen went to Mexico, I mean Italy. On top of what JibberJim has already pointed out.


Fair point, they made a total mess of that.

Having a good read at the different opinion today, the consensus seems to be that Brailsford seems to be distancing Sky from Froome in Sky's statement. He appears to be putting the onus on Froome.


the mark of a true leader... Smile
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chrace




Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 2581
Location: Eating a Yorkie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Pedro Peru wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Hands up, I love supporting Sky when their racing and have always been of the opinion that they do it right.

Until this year. Wiggo's TUE and now this. Makes you really wonder.

What I'm really wondering is.................from day 1 Sky have had a zero tolerance approach. Where does this leave Froome, error or not?


the same as the rest...on the naughty step for 10 minutes....


Even if he gets a ban? That would go against everything they stand/stood for.

Soooooooooo, would that mean a new policy, they'll start hiring anyone?

Saw the news re Disney. Very interesting. Sky are confirmed as sponsors until 2020. Froome's contract runs out then and no apparent successor in place.

Will 2020 be the end of the road? I believe the holding company for Team Sky is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sky, that would mean someone buying the company from Sky if the team was to continue.

What do they stand for?

If they really had a zero tolerance policy they wouldn't have hired anyone from Rabobank. Even if they hadn't been caught, Rabo were notorious before Rasmussen went to Mexico, I mean Italy. On top of what JibberJim has already pointed out.


Fair point, they made a total mess of that.

Having a good read at the different opinion today, the consensus seems to be that Brailsford seems to be distancing Sky from Froome in Sky's statement. He appears to be putting the onus on Froome.


the mark of a true leader... Smile

I have a lot more doubt about Brailsford than Froome...
_________________
Where the mind goes the body follows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15002
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Pedro Peru wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Hands up, I love supporting Sky when their racing and have always been of the opinion that they do it right.

Until this year. Wiggo's TUE and now this. Makes you really wonder.

What I'm really wondering is.................from day 1 Sky have had a zero tolerance approach. Where does this leave Froome, error or not?


the same as the rest...on the naughty step for 10 minutes....


Even if he gets a ban? That would go against everything they stand/stood for.

Soooooooooo, would that mean a new policy, they'll start hiring anyone?

Saw the news re Disney. Very interesting. Sky are confirmed as sponsors until 2020. Froome's contract runs out then and no apparent successor in place.

Will 2020 be the end of the road? I believe the holding company for Team Sky is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sky, that would mean someone buying the company from Sky if the team was to continue.

What do they stand for?

If they really had a zero tolerance policy they wouldn't have hired anyone from Rabobank. Even if they hadn't been caught, Rabo were notorious before Rasmussen went to Mexico, I mean Italy. On top of what JibberJim has already pointed out.


Fair point, they made a total mess of that.

Having a good read at the different opinion today, the consensus seems to be that Brailsford seems to be distancing Sky from Froome in Sky's statement. He appears to be putting the onus on Froome.


the mark of a true leader... Smile

I have a lot more doubt about Brailsford than Froome...


likewise..
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JamieMcP




Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Posts: 4778
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is much love lost between Froom and Dave. Rember how Frome distanced himself after Jiffygate
_________________
Blogtastic My Athlinks PageTwitter

So many races so little time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buzz_




Joined: 19 May 2007
Posts: 262

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Froome submits himself to testing, creates enough doubt that some people will believe him. But UCI still strip him of the Vuelta and give him a 6 month ban - back dated so he can still ride the Giro.

Sky sack him, but plenty of other teams are happy to take him on, he just has to take a pay cut.

Sky trumpet their 'clean at all costs' credentials and promote G to leader for the Giro. Press goes mad for battle of the Brits, good v. evil. Both crash-out in week 1 and everyone goes back to ignoring cycling until the next Olympics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 345
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Froomey hires Bruyneel and Contador's lawyer.

Who the actual F is advising him? You could not make this up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15002
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roscoemck wrote:
Now Froomey hires Bruyneel and Contador's lawyer.

Who the actual F is advising him? You could not make this up.


Not sure you should judge a lawyer by his former customers....
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JamieMcP




Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Posts: 4778
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Now Froomey hires Bruyneel and Contador's lawyer.

Who the actual F is advising him? You could not make this up.


Not sure you should judge a lawyer by his former customers....


Possibly means he is not that great a lawyer
_________________
Blogtastic My Athlinks PageTwitter

So many races so little time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jibberjim




Joined: 15 Aug 2008
Posts: 8156
Location: Kingston

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieMcP wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Now Froomey hires Bruyneel and Contador's lawyer.

Who the actual F is advising him? You could not make this up.


Not sure you should judge a lawyer by his former customers....


Possibly means he is not that great a lawyer


Got Armistead off didn't he?
_________________
Jibbering Sports Stuff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15002
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least we've been spared Froome wheezing as he went to accept a SPOTY award....
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JamieMcP




Joined: 01 Feb 2006
Posts: 4778
Location: Edinburgh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
JamieMcP wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Roscoemck wrote:
Now Froomey hires Bruyneel and Contador's lawyer.

Who the actual F is advising him? You could not make this up.


Not sure you should judge a lawyer by his former customers....


Possibly means he is not that great a lawyer


Got Armistead off didn't he?


I didn't know that, so he might not be so bad after all.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out
_________________
Blogtastic My Athlinks PageTwitter

So many races so little time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buzz_




Joined: 19 May 2007
Posts: 262

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
At least we've been spared Froome wheezing as he went to accept a SPOTY award....

I suspect in an odd way Froome's indiscretion helped Mo as it transferred a number of endurance votes from cycling to running. Although I'm amazed from the full voting figures that Froome's vote did not collapse completely.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15002
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
At least we've been spared Froome wheezing as he went to accept a SPOTY award....

I suspect in an odd way Froome's indiscretion helped Mo as it transferred a number of endurance votes from cycling to running. Although I'm amazed from the full voting figures that Froome's vote did not collapse completely.


Hammerer has multiple phones and I am sure accounts for several of the votes... Smile

That said, i actually have no idea how the vote system works...is it on-line yet and open to Russian influence?
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Pedro Peru




Joined: 19 Apr 2010
Posts: 932
Location: Leeds

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
At least we've been spared Froome wheezing as he went to accept a SPOTY award....

I suspect in an odd way Froome's indiscretion helped Mo as it transferred a number of endurance votes from cycling to running. Although I'm amazed from the full voting figures that Froome's vote did not collapse completely.


Hammerer has multiple phones and I am sure accounts for several of the votes... Smile

That said, i actually have no idea how the vote system works...is it on-line yet and open to Russian influence?

I don't think so but Maria Sharapova came 2nd
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.