Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile TT Thread - 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriSam

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didn't want to make too many excuses... Very Happy
Mungo

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done
Skinny Pom
And Sam.
I just hope my first Tri is anything like that shaky!
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good work Pom and Sam.

Anfield 100 for me on Monday, good full field and decent long range weather forecast.

Modest (but untapered) 50 in 2:05:00 last weekend, sporting course similar to the Anfield. Nice if chilly morning and felt I should have been quicker given the power output, but good to get the 50 in the legs before the Anfield.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Pom / tri sam. Well done gents. Horns

Hounslow 100 for me on Sunday. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to go. I'm going to try to not go out too fast and see if I can negative split over the second half. Borrowed a disc wheel and a decent deep front so let's see if that helps too. Just taken delivery of my powertap pedals so this is really going to be a bit of a test session pre. 12 hr in a few weeks.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty fast course on its day the Hounslow 100. I've done 50's, 100's and the 12 hour on it.

Traffic at one end (turn nearer Guildford) can be an issue.

My last 50 my DI2 battery failed - it had just stopped holding a charge, which I discovered rolling up to the start - had to race it single geared Laughing

Good luck.
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mungo wrote:
Well done
Skinny Pom
And Sam.
I just hope my first Tri is anything like that shaky!

Cheers Mungo. I'm sure your first tri will go great (mine was a sprint called BRW in Sydney, I did an extra lap on the bike, don't do that. Very Happy )
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:

Hounslow 100 for me on Sunday. I have absolutely no idea how I'm going to go. I'm going to try to not go out too fast and see if I can negative split over the second half. Borrowed a disc wheel and a decent deep front so let's see if that helps too. Just taken delivery of my powertap pedals so this is really going to be a bit of a test session pre. 12 hr in a few weeks.

Cheers Wheezy. Been having some in depth discussions with Mrs FP about the future direction of my efforts, can definitely see a TT/ Duathlon focus next year. Would be keen to hear to get into to some of the longer TTs, as a lot of them require a time that I can't qualify for. Crying or Very sad
jibberjim

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Pretty fast course on its day the Hounslow 100. I've done 50's, 100's and the 12 hour on it.

It's a horrible course, so bumpy, I did absolutely smash SteveI once on it though (well I beat him by 1s, and it was before he started getting aero)
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Wheezy wrote:

Cheers Wheezy. Been having some in depth discussions with Mrs FP about the future direction of my efforts, can definitely see a TT/ Duathlon focus next year. Would be keen to hear to get into to some of the longer TTs, as a lot of them require a time that I can't qualify for. Crying or Very sad

most of the 50 / 100 events that I have done in the last few years don't attract full fields. Yes, 10s and 25s on the well known fast courses, but I would think you would get into most Open 50 events, with maybe the exception of the Nationals.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:

It's a horrible course, so bumpy, I did absolutely smash SteveI once on it though (well I beat him by 1s, and it was before he started getting aero)

Yep, my forearms took a hell of a pasting in the Charlotteville event. Thinking of some extra pads on the arm rests and tubigrip under my skin suit. Anyone ever used a camelback tucked into the skin suit? Thinking I might as well try to get as much junk off my frame as possible.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
jibberjim wrote:
TRO Saracen wrote:

Yep, my forearms took a hell of a pasting in the Charlotteville event. Thinking of some extra pads on the arm rests and tubigrip under my skin suit. Anyone ever used a camelback tucked into the skin suit? Thinking I might as well try to get as much junk off my frame as possible.

Yes, I used a camelbak for both the 100's I did on there, worked extremely well in the first one, on the second, when I wasn't fit, and it was 28 degrees and sunny, I drank it all by 50odd miles, and then it wasn't so good.

Actually I could probably lend you a racebak if you want
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Wheezy wrote:

most of the 50 / 100 events that I have done in the last few years don't attract full fields. Yes, 10s and 25s on the well known fast courses, but I would think you would get into most Open 50 events, with maybe the exception of the Nationals.

Cheers Wheezy, I will check it out Smile BTW, I used to race for Charlotteville. They had their Evening 10 in Normandy (not sure if they still do).
Wheezy

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Wheezy wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Wheezy wrote:

Cheers Wheezy, I will check it out Smile BTW, I used to race for Charlotteville. They had their Evening 10 in Normandy (not sure if they still do).

Cool. I know they do a mid-week 10, but couldn't tell you what course it's on. It seems fewer clubs are running evening 10s these days. I was speaking to a chap from a local club who came down to our one yesterday (I was promoting it and he turned up as a PTT rider). His club used to do them but no one was willing to take it on and they were only getting 5-6 riders anyway, so it's all petered out. I think the Charlotteville one is pretty popular though.,

Jim, thanks very much! I think Iv'e had another change of plan and will aim to get my xlab seat bottles on. Will keep you posted though!
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheezy wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Wheezy wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Wheezy wrote:

Cool. I know they do a mid-week 10, but couldn't tell you what course it's on. It seems fewer clubs are running evening 10s these days. I was speaking to a chap from a local club who came down to our one yesterday (I was promoting it and he turned up as a PTT rider). His club used to do them but no one was willing to take it on and they were only getting 5-6 riders anyway, so it's all petered out. I think the Charlotteville one is pretty popular though.,

Jim, thanks very much! I think Iv'e had another change of plan and will aim to get my xlab seat bottles on. Will keep you posted though!

Yeah Charlotteville would regularly run to 40 plus. My club (VC Venta) run 6 or 7 per year but getting volunteers is hard. they canned one last year through lack of vollies.
Cat5 in the Hat

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iím back into TTing after having a hip repair last summer. Took a few weeks to get back in to the swing of things, but I have remembered how to push hard.
Cadence is down by ~10rpm since 2016.

B10/9 24/3/18 23:50 TRO Saracen Winner S Fairweather 22:20
T105/4 28/4/18 24:49 JeffB Winner B Hetherington 19:58 AP 282W
H10/2 19/5/18 23:42 Cat5 Winner J Boyman 19:23 AP 238W
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 6 of 14

Jump to: