Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile TT Thread - 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Suffolk Wheelers. Old fashioned snail mail entry/start list through the post event....
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

West Suffolk Wheelrs: 3rd race, 3rd non event. After an illness DNS and a weather cancellation so far this season hoped this would be third time lucky.

Weather forecast was repulsive but I resolved to ride if it was dry, regardless of wind/cold. Woke up and it more or less snowed all morning and I couldn't imagine an event being held just 30-40 miles away, let alone anyone being willing to ride.

So I sacked, did a turbo only to see a few rides hitting strava from mates who'd ridden it....couple of them bagged first and second place, and I usually finish very close to them...and I've duly copped the inevitable (and deserved) abuse for my no show....Rolling Eyes
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
West Suffolk Wheelrs: 3rd race, 3rd non event. After an illness DNS and a weather cancellation so far this season hoped this would be third time lucky.

Weather forecast was repulsive but I resolved to ride if it was dry, regardless of wind/cold. Woke up and it more or less snowed all morning and I couldn't imagine an event being held just 30-40 miles away, let alone anyone being willing to ride.

So I sacked, did a turbo only to see a few rides hitting strava from mates who'd ridden it....couple of them bagged first and second place, and I usually finish very close to them...and I've duly copped the inevitable (and deserved) abuse for my no show....Rolling Eyes

Yeah, but I bet your turbo was more productive in the end.

I did the SCCU Sporting 10 on Saturday. My TT bike is in bits so had to ride my road bike, complete with mudguards. 70 riders on the start sheet but only 20 starters. My slowest ever 10, but we got second placed team (out of 2). Don't think I will see the bottle of wine as I was cycling home so couldn't carry it and our 3rd place rider likes a tipple.

Really looking forward to it getting a bit warmer!
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another entry, another non event - Good FRiday 10 on V718:

At 16.00 this afternoon [March 20th] I received notification that at a meeting last night the Yorkshire DC voted to suspend all events on the V718 / V728 and V718/1 pending talks with HE, Humberside Police, ERYCC and HCC relating to future use of the course.
The reason given was that they did not want to put at risk any possible future use developments if we were seen to be flying against the stated feelings of these groups.
I am far from happy with the lateness of this decision in view of the time me and the Club have spent arranging things and getting the SS published and also the time they have been fully aware of the issues.

We have a nice local 10 on Good Friday and it's now too late to enter...

Grrrrr
Wheezy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Another entry, another non event - Good FRiday 10 on V718:

At 16.00 this afternoon [March 20th] I received notification that at a meeting last night the Yorkshire DC voted to suspend all events on the V718 / V728 and V718/1 pending talks with HE, Humberside Police, ERYCC and HCC relating to future use of the course.
The reason given was that they did not want to put at risk any possible future use developments if we were seen to be flying against the stated feelings of these groups.
I am far from happy with the lateness of this decision in view of the time me and the Club have spent arranging things and getting the SS published and also the time they have been fully aware of the issues.

We have a nice local 10 on Good Friday and it's now too late to enter...

Grrrrr

That's a shame TRO. Quite a lot of people up in arms about the decision and the potential precedent it sets. If you're ever down South, come and give the F11/10 a go. I've had a second Sporting TT cancelled for this Sunday. The roads on the course are notoriously bad but the recent cold weather has made the pot holes even worse, so the promoter has cancelled. Don't say that I mind too much....

It's my club's Open 10 in a couple of weeks, so I'm in a bit of a race to get my tt bike built up in time. I've got some new selcof bars and I want to get a basic position sorted out before trying some roll down testing to see if I can work on a lower drag position. All a bit hit and miss, but might be fun trying.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first run out with the TT this year earlier this morning.

Rode the local TT course that I'll be racing on tomorrow, what a disaster:

- PM not firing, hoping it's just a battery change required
- despite a decent forecast last thing last night it was drizzly, colder and windier. Bike is now dirty.
- I rode rubbish, all over the bike and slow, legs were dead, time was appalling.
- Front mech change not working so that'll need fixing (drops to small ring but not back up).

Finding all this stuff out was why I knew I needed this test run out before tomorrow...evening of spannering and cleaning ahead....
Mungo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO
Your rubbish is pb for most on here
It's very early season yet...
Let us know how you get on.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
- Front mech change not working so that'll need fixing (drops to small ring but not back up).

Surely big ring all the way?
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

B10/9 24/3/18 23:50 TRO Saracen Winner S Fairweather 22:20

A ride at last on our local sporting 10. Solid effort, but 7 watts/25 seconds down on last year. Not surprising given illness ruined February, and a bit of a scruffy, ragged ride as usual for the first hit out of last year.

TBH I think I dug a lot deeper last year: we have a talented junior at the club and last year he started 1 min behind me - he's also a mate of my son's, was in his class at school/college - and when he had made up most of the minute by the turn I eviscerated myself coming back to hold him off by about 10 seconds, just didn't want to be caught.......he came 3rd in the National Junior TT's last that year.

So I think overall pretty solid and I'm satisfied with the ride.

Next weekend had two rides entered, both are now cancelled: TRO on the V718 and roadworks on a local sporting 25.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

54:12 on E2/25 over the w/e.

Solid ride power wise - pretty breezy with a headwind out, so gambled by going out above FTP. Got a 4w FTP rise based on power in the first 20 mins, slight hold up at the turn, but turned at about 30:30 which shows how brutal the way out was.

Struggled to get on top of the power coming back, and was a little cooked from the brutality on the out leg, but strava split shows the last 10 mile split was 18:41, 32.4mph Very Happy I rode at 5w more than last year's PB 52:49.

Pretty happy with the over power output, and a solid ride on a pretty tough day.
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
54:12 on E2/25 over the w/e.

Solid ride power wise - pretty breezy with a headwind out, so gambled by going out above FTP. Got a 4w FTP rise based on power in the first 20 mins, slight hold up at the turn, but turned at about 30:30 which shows how brutal the way out was.

Struggled to get on top of the power coming back, and was a little cooked from the brutality on the out leg, but strava split shows the last 10 mile split was 18:41, 32.4mph Very Happy I rode at 5w more than last year's PB 52:49.

Pretty happy with the over power output, and a solid ride on a pretty tough day.

Well done TRO, excellent time that, worth putting a bit more in into the wind if you know it's going to be right behind you on the way back.

Jeff
Mungo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO......
Your a bike beast!
What percentage of your time do you dedicate to cycling as opposed to running and swimming?
Or do you just do testing these days?
Well done on that time, in less than ideal conditions.
Mungo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO......
Your a bike beast!
What percentage of your time do you dedicate to cycling as opposed to running and swimming?
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one TRO; love that last 10 mile split! Must have been fun after the first half into wind! Saw a chap from a local club post on twitter and rode the same event with very similar stats. I might see if I can get over to the E2 later in the season, and hope that it's less windy.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mungo wrote:
TRO......
Your a bike beast!

Thanks! Still very much a triathlete though, with 55%, sometimes 60% of training time on the bike. But I do enjoy testing and chances are when the knees can't take the running anymore and cold lakes/6am down the pool appeal even less than now Rolling Eyes I'll switch to pure testing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: