Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
The Fastest 10 mile TT Thread - 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mungo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO
My swim doesn't move much at my age... I'm slow but it doesn't seem to take much out of me.
Once I hit 11st I'm not a bad runner, and this discipline comes naturally to me.
I've tried doing more bike hours, and have looked at position, equity, training this last year.
My watts for 20 and 60 mins are pretty carp, but I can hold 200 watts longer than the guys who destroy me over an hour
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mungo, sounds to me like some targeted bike training trying to raise those 20 and 60 minute wattages would serve you well.

Lots of work around sweetspot should give that a boost over a 6 week period (alternatively follow a Zwift/Trainer road style 'FTP' booster programme).

Sounds like the other 2 disciplines will pretty much look after themselves with a few ticking over sessions, leaving you the headroom to really drill the bike sessions.
Mungo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO
I plan a few 10 and possibly 25 mile Tt"s this year, just to help with top end power.

Main target is two 70.3s this and IMUK next year.

No taper and would probably swim the same day.
Haven't done one for years! Cheaper and less messing about than a full tri and they hurt like hell.
Mungo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO
I plan a few 10 and possibly 25 mile Tt"s this year, just to help with top end power.

Main target is two 70.3s this and IMUK next year.

No taper and would probably swim the same day.
Haven't done one for years! Cheaper and less messing about than a full tri and they hurt like hell.
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
54:12 on E2/25 over the w/e.

Solid ride power wise - pretty breezy with a headwind out, so gambled by going out above FTP. Got a 4w FTP rise based on power in the first 20 mins, slight hold up at the turn, but turned at about 30:30 which shows how brutal the way out was.

Struggled to get on top of the power coming back, and was a little cooked from the brutality on the out leg, but strava split shows the last 10 mile split was 18:41, 32.4mph Very Happy I rode at 5w more than last year's PB 52:49.

Pretty happy with the over power output, and a solid ride on a pretty tough day.

Just got a spot on the E2/25 for 28th April. Will be my first 25. Anything around the hour mark would be good seeing as my 10 pb is only 23.30.

Away at a training camp from this evening for a week, so hopefully a nice up tick in endurance to come off the back of that.

Have a pending spot for a first 50 on the Sunday too! That weekend would be my last big cycling weekend pre-Mallorca 70.3
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually entered a 10 in two weeks, it will only be 6 days after London, so not very pretty, probably won't be embarrassing myself by getting the TT bike out.

Jeff
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crikey Stenard a late pm 25 then a 50 the following morning....proper hard man stuff.

Another 25 for this w/e on our local middling paced single carriageway course, decent ride with 56:47. 2/3w less than on the E2 but I placed better against guys I know who did both events so pretty happy. Felt much more settled and smooth on the bike so guessing I made more of slightly less power.

Club TT's start this week...

Laughing
Bluepoolshark

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did my first ever 10 mile TT the other week, had to stop twice due to my back brake rubbing, came home with a rubbish 26.55, still gives me hope that the next handicap one I enter, I will have a bit of a ringer PB! Smile
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

22:39 on B10/19 Saturday. Single carriageway course but reasonably quick on its day.

I've gone low 22:xx in previous years hoped to sneak a 21:xx, but did not ride well enough. C'est la vie.
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Crikey Stenard a late pm 25 then a 50 the following morning....proper hard man stuff.

Turns out I was only allocated a reserve slot. Appears the email confirmations doesnt actually state that. You only find out when the final start list is released.

I did get a full spot for the 50 (email exactly the same as that received for the 25, hence knowing the email gives no indication of full slot or reserve), so just going to concentrate on that. What's the deal with withdrawing as a reserve? Do you get a refund like you would have done if you'd not been allocated a ride if you decline your reserve spot if they havent been able to allocate a full place yet?

It's not the end of the world if not, but I'd rather focus fully on the 50 that I know I am racing for the rest of this week. And I'm not travelling all the way to the E2 without a guaranteed ride.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
What's the deal with withdrawing as a reserve? Do you get a refund like you would have done if you'd not been allocated a ride if you decline your reserve spot if they havent been able to allocate a full place yet?

No, if you were not willing to be a reserve, you're supposed to not tick the "I'm willing to be a reserve" box.
stenard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough. Thought that might be true. I would have been had I not got a spot in the 50, but as I have I'd rather focus on a known ride.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Fair enough. Thought that might be true. I would have been had I not got a spot in the 50, but as I have I'd rather focus on a known ride.

It's very rare for reserves not to get a ride really, and you may even know before the day if you're early in the reserve list, but do let them know if you won't be starting for sure.

They may refund too btw
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be worth checking the list, early reserves (they are in number order) would probably get their rides confirmed before Saturday.

Later ones are probably going to have to rely on waiting around on the day, not ideal unless you really want the ride.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the Charlotteville 50 today which has now become my staple early season longer TT. A personal worst on the course at 2:06:14. It was a pretty ropey morning and I never properly warmed up. I had also tinkered with my position as the day before I'd put new bars on and given my Argon a bit of a service, and ended up with very tight hamstrings. Lots of excuses and not much speed. I've got a club 10 in a couple of weeks so I'm going to try to do some short, hurty TrainerRoad stuff on the turbo. Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Training All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 3 of 12

Jump to: