Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
carbon frame painting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
virgilioroland

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject: carbon frame painting Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone here has done this and how. My Cervelo is still in reasonable condition but there are a few scuffs here and there and wonder whether to treat the old girl to a new paint job. Any suggestions too grateful to receive!
awildt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get it done professionally and you will have a "like new" bike. Bit of an investment but less than a new frame replacement.

I know of Target Composites in Cheshire. Not involved in the business but he is a friend of a friend and have seen his work. Tiny workshop but amazing quality.
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't know where the OP is based, but Enigma Bikes in Hailsham, East Sussex - they are best known as builders of beautiful Ti bikes - have a paintshop that will do custom paint jobs.

http://www.enigmabikes.com/paintworks/
JeffB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
don't know where the OP is based, but Enigma Bikes in Hailsham, East Sussex - they are best known as builders of beautiful Ti bikes - have a paintshop that will do custom paint jobs.

If their paintwork is as good as there bikes they should be a safe bet.

There is one local to me in North Yorkshire but he's a bit like the A Team, if you can find, maybe you can hire him!

It's easiest to go via Fibrelyte who fix carbon and get him to do the resprays, they repaired a chip in my P3 a few years ago and you couldn't actually see where it had been the paint match was that good. Of course you'd probably have to post it.

Jeff
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
fat buddha wrote:

There is one local to me in North Yorkshire but he's a bit like the A Team, if you can find, maybe you can hire him!

It's easiest to go via Fibrelyte who fix carbon and get him to do the resprays, they repaired a chip in my P3 a few years ago and you couldn't actually see where it had been the paint match was that good. Of course you'd probably have to post it.

Jeff

I have an Enigma (and their predecessor, Omega) bike so maybe I'm a bit biased! But they are a standard Ti finish not painted but I have seen some of their paint jobs and they really are top class.
JamieMcP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked into this a few years ago, can't really add anything about painters except to say a lot of it is in the prep and removing the old paint.

So many races so little time.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got one done in a car bodyshop when I lived Germany; they used an Audi pearlescent white I believe. Good results. Like others said, it's the removing the old paint that's the labour intensive bit for carbon, as they can't dip/strip or blast it.
JeffB

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
JeffB wrote:
fat buddha wrote:

Jeff

I have an Enigma (and their predecessor, Omega) bike so maybe I'm a bit biased! But they are a standard Ti finish not painted but I have seen some of their paint jobs and they really are top class.

I've got an Enigma Ecroix, absolutely brilliant, got some 303's and put some clip-ons on it and used it some races at the back of last season.

Jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: