Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Commonwealth Games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TriSam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject: Commonwealth Games Reply with quote

Does anyone have any thoughts on how the Commonwealth Games are going to unfold? Could be interesting to see how some South African athletes get on.

Cool

What ruleset are the games run under? I seem to remember that there was no branding allowed on the trisuits last year, so maybe has slightly different rules to the ITU?
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

they're run under ITU rules as all athletes competing will be familiar with these through other events they have taken part in. all the TOs come from Commonwealth countries and GB has 4 going.

as far as I am aware, tri kit will follow ITU uniform rules and not heard otherwise - if you want the minutae of these, here ya go! https://www.triathlon.org/uploads/docs/itusport_competition-rules_2018-UNIFORM-RULES-AND-PROCESS.pdf
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be a team ruling on uniform logos rather than a competition rule. I suspect Team England have a contract with a supplier who don't want individuals to clutter up their kit.

As for the race. It is a sprint, which I think opens it beyond the Brownlees and Duffy. The Aussies should be strong, Birtwhistle in the men, Gentle in the women. Murray if he is targetting it, can be strong in sprints, and who knows how fit Stanford and Holland are?
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
Might be a team ruling on uniform logos rather than a competition rule. I suspect Team England have a contract with a supplier who don't want individuals to clutter up their kit.

As for the race. It is a sprint, which I think opens it beyond the Brownlees and Duffy. The Aussies should be strong, Birtwhistle in the men, Gentle in the women. Murray if he is targetting it, can be strong in sprints, and who knows how fit Stanford and Holland are?

The young Norwegian lad has been looking good as well. Blummenfelt (sp?)
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:

I didn't realise that Norway was in the Commonwealth...... Wink
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
gingerbongo wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:

I didn't realise that Norway was in the Commonwealth...... Wink

Haha!! Mad Very Happy

Yep, read the title before commenting you plum!!
TriSam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Good one GB

I reckon Jake Birtwhistle will be in with a fairly good shot at a podium at the Commonwealths. His notable recent podiums have all been over the sprint distance, and he fared well in the super short racing style of SuperLeague.
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lukily got to watch Cape triathlon few weeks ago, not huge field but still fairly straightforward win for Murray, looked good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: