Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
AGer Kevin Moats gets 8 year suspension after second offence
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: AGer Kevin Moats gets 8 year suspension after second offence Reply with quote

I thought this deserved its own thread, given the interest in the TUE thread. A google search and some browsing on Slowtwitch will enlighten those of you who've not heard of Moats before. He's quite a piece of work. Personally, I think it was wrong for ST to publish that article before the official press release, allowing Moats to influence the narrative.

Article: http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/Kevin_Moats_positive_again_8yr_ban_announces_retirement_6712.html

Thread: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Moats%3A_Let's_keep_it_on_point_P6538303/?search_string=moats#p6538303

(unfortunately the Thread link doesn't seem to paste fully)
moonmonkey02

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with you, blatant manipulation of ST to get his version of events across before the official press release.

I'm no psychologist but it appears he's justified his actions in his mind already and is at peace with himself.

Just imagine if you were one of his victims being beaten by this serial lifetime cheater: race wins, Kona Q etc.

Does look a bit of an Alan Partridge type character with his pastel shirt, shades, chunky IM watch, tan and commemorative beer jug.

Proper POS.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it is these wonkers that sour the experience for those who play by the rules and believe in truth and fair play...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was Moats who was also notorious for using a mirror to spot approaching draft marshals; again an unapologetic drafter by all accounts.
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Re: AGer Kevin Moats gets 8 year suspension after second off Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I thought this deserved its own thread, given the interest in the TUE thread. A google search and some browsing on Slowtwitch will enlighten those of you who've not heard of Moats before. He's quite a piece of work. Personally, I think it was wrong for ST to publish that article before the official press release, allowing Moats to influence the narrative.

Article: http://www.slowtwitch.com/News/Kevin_Moats_positive_again_8yr_ban_announces_retirement_6712.html

Thread: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Moats%3A_Let's_keep_it_on_point_P6538303/?search_string=moats#p6538303

(unfortunately the Thread link doesn't seem to paste fully)

He's a scumbag.

I couldn't believe the interview (transcript of a podcast) with Ben Greenfield.
He basically says he should be allowed to take T and the system is flawed with all it's paper work and bureaucracy.

Also never heard of the mirror thing, which leaves me flabbergasted.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I tried to look at that Been Greenfield website, but it wouldn't load here.
OldNick

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he just realised with Rob Barel now on the Ironman scene there was absolutely no chance of getting another one of those BIG fruit bowls for his sideboard.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many fruit bowls does a person need?

Given he has a Real Estate business in his name, he's one Google search away from losing potential clients now I'd imagine.
fat buddha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

Given he has a Real Estate business in his name, he's one Google search away from losing potential clients now I'd imagine.

given that the majority of the US population will a) not know what Ironman (beyond a Marvel character) or triathlon is, b) not understand or have an interest in doping, and c) not care if they are house hunting, I suspect it will have very little impact.

he's a serial twunt that happens to be in my a/g and anyone of my age who feels they need to dope needs a bloody reality check
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fat buddha wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

given that the majority of the US population will a) not know what Ironman (beyond a Marvel character) or triathlon is, b) not understand or have an interest in doping, and c) not care if they are house hunting, I suspect it will have very little impact.

he's a serial twunt that happens to be in my a/g and anyone of my age who feels they need to dope needs a bloody reality check

making the connection that anyone who lacks ethics in their personal life is likely to lack ethics in their business life is not a factual claim but is certainly one to ponder...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Jorgan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point being, if you have a business in your name, the most viewed articles associated with your name will display first. Particularly if you're not given to modesty and like people to know you're a big success in Triathlon. People Google, and they talk to others.
Mungo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why....?
It's nice to do well and go fast in our old age, but just why?!
Your fooling yourself and cheating people who may deserve the win more than you.
Why?
JeffB

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect he's the tip of the iceberg unfortunately, when you see M45+ doing sub 9's etc. it raises a few eyebrows, I know some might be ex pro's etc. and clearly from a better gene pool than me but it makes you wonder.

Didn't one of the daily rags suggest 1m+ people in the UK were on steroids earlier in the week.

Staggering that you'd risk your own health.

Jeff
Symes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mungo wrote:
Why....?
It's nice to do well and go fast in our old age, but just why?!
Your fooling yourself and cheating people who may deserve the win more than you.
Why?

I guess the feeling of winning and being seen to be the fastest out there on that particular day is greater than the guilt of knowing how you've achieved it.

Stronger mind and muscles than joints, what a b@stard
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeffB wrote:
I suspect he's the tip of the iceberg unfortunately, when you see M45+ doing sub 9's etc. it raises a few eyebrows, I know some might be ex pro's etc. and clearly from a better gene pool than me but it makes you wonder. Didn't one of the daily rags suggest 1m+ people in the UK were on steroids earlier in the week.

There's also a lot of drafting at some events; some years you have many AGers going 4:30 or better in Barcelona, for example. Some of them are guys that normally ride 4:5* in every other fast IM (yes I do have names in mind, and one or two are British).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: