Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Season plan...

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tin pot




Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 2525
Location: Bromley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Season plan... Reply with quote

Mulling things over trying to get a decent number of Olympic races planned. Is there a series of proper distance open water races in England I donít know about?

How does this look? Too much?

Anyone else planning Olympic focussed season?

Olympic races


May 7 Tonbridge

May 20 Arundel

Jun 3 Ardingly or Kraichgau

Jun 24 Leeds Castle

**Jul 8 Gauntlet Half Iron

Jul 28 South Coast

Aug 5 Arundel

Sep 23 Hever Castle
_________________
Iron Ď17 16h11, '16 14h30
Half Iron Ď18 DNF, '17 7h39, 6h28 '16 5h53
Olympic '16 3h18 '15 3h33, '13 3h36
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JeffB




Joined: 04 May 2008
Posts: 1178
Location: Middlesbrough

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not focusing on them but do plan on doing a few, I've entered Castle Howard, but the bike is 45k so it's going to be a bit longer.

Also thinking about Wetherby which is fairly accurate.

Ripon as well, but it clashes with Edinburgh 70.3 which I was thinking of doing.

Jeff
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hammerer




Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 16420
Location: Right Next Door To Hell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: Season plan... Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
Mulling things over trying to get a decent number of Olympic races planned. Is there a series of proper distance open water races in England I donít know about?

How does this look? Too much?

Anyone else planning Olympic focussed season?

Olympic races


May 7 Tonbridge

May 20 Arundel

Jun 3 Ardingly or Kraichgau

Jun 24 Leeds Castle

**Jul 8 Gauntlet Half Iron

Jul 28 South Coast

Aug 5 Arundel

Sep 23 Hever Castle


Tonbridge isnt an Oly, the one they call Oly is just double the sprint, but the run misses about 1.5k due to the out an back and 700m on the running track you only do once so its actually a 800m swim, 50k bike and the run ends up about 8.5k run.

look up Dorney Lake races, usually a bit pricey but they have quite a few up there
_________________
Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tin pot




Joined: 08 Jul 2013
Posts: 2525
Location: Bromley

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought about doing a half in April/May but thereís not much about.

Immortal Half is the right date, but looks like itís a tough course.

Ironman events are all sold out except the full Lanza. Cheap flights though.
_________________
Iron Ď17 16h11, '16 14h30
Half Iron Ď18 DNF, '17 7h39, 6h28 '16 5h53
Olympic '16 3h18 '15 3h33, '13 3h36
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Davem




Joined: 11 Oct 2005
Posts: 6090
Location: Out of retirement...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
Thought about doing a half in April/May but thereís not much about.

Immortal Half is the right date, but looks like itís a tough course.

Ironman events are all sold out except the full Lanza. Cheap flights though.


Enduroman are doing a half in mid May down in the New Forest
_________________
........................._<0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TriSam




Joined: 26 Aug 2011
Posts: 1227
Location: Tunbridge Wells

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Season plan... Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:

Tonbridge isnt an Oly, the one they call Oly is just double the sprint, but the run misses about 1.5k due to the out an back and 700m on the running track you only do once so its actually a 800m swim, 50k bike and the run ends up about 8.5k run.

look up Dorney Lake races, usually a bit pricey but they have quite a few up there



When I did Tonbridge in 2016, the run ended up at well over 10k on my Garmin. https://www.strava.com/activities/562988728

I'm not saying that my Garmin is 100% accurate, but it definitely wasn't only 8.5k. Had the route been changed for 2017?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hammerer




Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 16420
Location: Right Next Door To Hell

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: Season plan... Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
hammerer wrote:

Tonbridge isnt an Oly, the one they call Oly is just double the sprint, but the run misses about 1.5k due to the out an back and 700m on the running track you only do once so its actually a 800m swim, 50k bike and the run ends up about 8.5k run.

look up Dorney Lake races, usually a bit pricey but they have quite a few up there



When I did Tonbridge in 2016, the run ended up at well over 10k on my Garmin. https://www.strava.com/activities/562988728

I'm not saying that my Garmin is 100% accurate, but it definitely wasn't only 8.5k. Had the route been changed for 2017?


looks like ts changed! In 2012 when they first added it you just did 4 laps around the field instead of 2 so basically the 5k wasnt doubled as you only still went up and down the hill once and only the same 700m on the track. In your strava you go up and down the hill 3 times with a lap of the track so 800m extra just in track and then the extra climbs / descents! To be fair the bike course more than made up for it anyway
_________________
Blog
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.