Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
HED Aerobars - Grip Tape - Alternatives?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: HED Aerobars - Grip Tape - Alternatives? Reply with quote

I've got some fairly old HED bars that I'm pretty happy with except for one issue which is the grip on the base bars, especially when descending.

The base bars horns are very short, triangular and have integrated brake levers meaning taping them would be quite difficult and I'm not sure very productive. The butt of your hand sits on the flatter section behind what would normally be the handhold so not really where the tape would be.

I've read about using strips of grip tape which sounds like it would work but wondered if anyone had any better ideas as I can see that being a bit too rough if you're not wearing gloves.

I'll try and upload a picture of the bars from my phone as can't do that from this pc.
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

leahnp

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use grip tape on my bars/extensions and have no issues on the hands. Very useful when it starts to get warm as the bare hands grip much better.
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, just checking we're on the same song sheet, is that the stuff for skateboards like sand paper?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: