Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Enervit Nutrition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject: Enervit Nutrition Reply with quote

No, I haven't heard of it either but if you are doing an European MDOT this year you might want to start trying it.

https://www.tri247.com/triathlon-news/event-news/enervit-nutrition-partner-ironman-europe

Fairly sure something popped up that Powerbar have now partnered with Challenge.

Jeff
mattsurf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost fell off my seat when I saw price. In Switzerland it is 115CHF (100) for 18 Gels

Guess this is how they are funding the sponsorship

edit: much cheaper in Italy, about 70 Euro for 20 gels
JeffB

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeps taking me to their Italian online shop so not sure we could even buy it.

Probably be flogging it at the expo's!

Jeff
GrahamO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds just like what a certain triathlon shop in the south west of England did for the UK Ironman event every year - they chose Gatorade as the drink of choice when they just happened to be the UK distributor with a sole supplier agreement from the US parent company.

Outrageous price then I recall - I had to get mine from a US airforce base PX shops in the 90's.
Pebble 2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found it for sale on Amazon UK Smile
Whisk

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For IM Lanza, the on-course nutrition partner is that well-known brand "226ers" Shocked

It must be good if it's specifically formulated for someone doing a 226 Rolling Eyes Wink
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk mk I is back!
TriSam

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
For IM Lanza, the on-course nutrition partner is that well-known brand "226ers" Shocked

It must be good if it's specifically formulated for someone doing a 226 Rolling Eyes Wink

3.8 + 180 + 42.2 Confused
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
Whisk wrote:

That's exactly what the 226 equates to, but I think the "226ers" marketing team are facing an uphill battle if they think that people finishing an Ironman are going to start calling themselves 226ers, as their blurb suggests Rolling Eyes Wink
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
TriSam wrote:
Whisk wrote:

That's exactly what the 226 equates to, but I think the "226ers" marketing team are facing an uphill battle if they think that people finishing an Ironman are going to start calling themselves 226ers, as their blurb suggests Rolling Eyes Wink

as opposed to an Ironman???

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Whisk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Whisk wrote:
TriSam wrote:
Whisk wrote:

Yup - https://www.226ers.com/about/

Quote:
226 is the total distance in kilometers of the toughest endurance challenge in the world the Ironman. Just like those who practice running are called runners, those who practice this sport can be called 226ERS

Rolling Eyes
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Whisk wrote:
TriSam wrote:
Whisk wrote:

Quote:
226 is the total distance in kilometers of the toughest endurance challenge in the world the Ironman. Just like those who practice running are called runners, those who practice this sport can be called 226ERS

Rolling Eyes

yep, i get the connection...i just don't see much between calling yourself one or the other....

Whisk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
Whisk wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Whisk wrote:
TriSam wrote:
Whisk wrote:

Quote:

Rolling Eyes

yep, i get the connection...i just don't see much between calling yourself one or the other....

Agreed, you can call yourself whatever you want, but if you're the sort of person who wants to be defined by an achievement and wants everyone to know what they've done, then at least most people have heard of an Ironman, even if they don't know what it is. 226 is just a random number to most people Wink
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whisk wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Whisk wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Whisk wrote:
TriSam wrote:
Whisk wrote:

Quote:

Rolling Eyes

Agreed, you can call yourself whatever you want, but if you're the sort of person who wants to be defined by an achievement and wants everyone to know what they've done, then at least most people have heard of an Ironman, even if they don't know what it is. 226 is just a random number to most people Wink

and ironman is a kids cartoon character Smile

tommy060289

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and ironman is a kids cartoon character

There are some harsh words said on here but that is just downright rude....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: