Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Aero Bottles for wider bars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject: Aero Bottles for wider bars Reply with quote

looking for aero bottle to fit front of giant trinity pro between the bars
they appear wider than standard bars ,tried a toharns aero bottle and mountings won,t open up wide enough

don,t like the large water system that comes with bike a wind catcher

any thoughts ?
JaRok2300

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run my bars quite far apart and use a Xlab Kompact 100 at maximum width, although I think the mounting brackets are the same as the Torpedo.

I'm at work at the minute but can measure the gap later if you like or I just googled it and it said the max width is 150mm centre to centre.

The way the bracket is designed it wouldn't be hard to make it wider as it's just a flat mounting plate with sliding clamps, if you can't find anything to fit off the shelf.

I've also got an old Profile one that hangs down between the bars and pretty sure that still fits too.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for that

will do some checking

think my bars are about 115mm centre to centre
iwaters

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bars are 109mm centre to centre. I am running a Xlab Torpedo up front and there is plenty of adjustment left in mine.

I am really impressed with the Xlab stuff. Tried a few different bits but now Xlab throughout. Torpedo BTA, SuperWing BTS, Bento box.
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwaters wrote:
My bars are 109mm centre to centre. I am running a Xlab Torpedo up front and there is plenty of adjustment left in mine.

I am really impressed with the Xlab stuff. Tried a few different bits but now Xlab throughout. Torpedo BTA, SuperWing BTS, Bento box.

thanks for that will check it out

am looking something that fits well and does not chuck half the contents over bars , other option is behind the seat but unless using gorilla cage I tend to lose bottles
iwaters

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stivrunning wrote:
iwaters wrote:

thanks for that will check it out

am looking something that fits well and does not chuck half the contents over bars , other option is behind the seat but unless using gorilla cage I tend to lose bottles

Torpedo has two lids, a sealed lid and quick fill. The quick fill is pretty good a keeping the contents in. I hit a lump hard at the weekend and it splashed a little but mostly it was fine. I am assuming with the sealed lid its all good.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used a standard bottle cage and 4 cable ties; works a treat, although might need testing on wider bars?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: