Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
WW3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject: WW3 Reply with quote

On the horizon?

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, as one commentator said, 'Trump doesn't have the attention span to run a war'.

The Russians much vaunted S400 air defence network now has a big hole in it and they appeared sh*t scared to admit the Tomahawks ran riot through the Syrian defences, so they wont feel confident enough to rely on them.

If an ageing Tornado or two can hit their targets without a scratch, the Russians will just go with the bluster and threats.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Tornados would use standoff weapons and it is probably to Russia's convenience that the attack was allowed to succeed...they have something to retaliate now...

The russian forces would almost certainly not be able to go toe to toe with the US but they have two advantages....firstly they would probably have the stomach for a fight which the US/UK/Fr would not and secondly, they can do enough damage to make the situation very uncomfortable for all concerned...

GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
the Tornados would use standoff weapons and it is probably to Russia's convenience that the attack was allowed to succeed...they have something to retaliate now...

They cannot even stop old standoff weapons, and they cannot stop weapons in theatre - you don't retaliate when you cannot even stop the opposing forces. Who would you retaliate against unless the actual Uk or US forces which wouldnt be as much retaliation as suicide. the Russian Navy fled the Syrian harbours just before the attack so they knew the attack was coming -if they wanted an excuse they would have tried to do something but didn't.

The Russians have no stomach for a fight of even prolonged duration against superior forces. The minute the Russians hit a US or UK asset, the banking system would lock Putin and all the oligarchs out of their currency, and Russian oil and gas would be embargoed in the major western markets.

Russia would slide so quickly the old description of greased weasel sh*t would be most apt as thats what some pilots called the Tornado in east German valleys. Its not about who has the stomach, its about who can keep the country going when all your funds are cut of and all your rich friends decide you're a big problem.
tin pot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I told you so.

Razz

<smug>
Sprint '16 1h17, '14 1h40, '13 2h01
Half Mara '16 2h04, '14 2h07
Trail 10K '16 54:01 '13 54:46
tin pot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And while Russia, France, US and UK are looking at Syria...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-43746820
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
explorerJC wrote:

They cannot even stop old standoff weapons, and they cannot stop weapons in theatre - you don't retaliate when you cannot even stop the opposing forces. Who would you retaliate against unless the actual Uk or US forces which wouldnt be as much retaliation as suicide. the Russian Navy fled the Syrian harbours just before the attack so they knew the attack was coming -if they wanted an excuse they would have tried to do something but didn't.

The Russians have no stomach for a fight of even prolonged duration against superior forces. The minute the Russians hit a US or UK asset, the banking system would lock Putin and all the oligarchs out of their currency, and Russian oil and gas would be embargoed in the major western markets.

Russia would slide so quickly the old description of greased weasel sh*t would be most apt as thats what some pilots called the Tornado in east German valleys. Its not about who has the stomach, its about who can keep the country going when all your funds are cut of and all your rich friends decide you're a big problem.

not sure anyone has developed a good weapon defence system yet..

i think you miss the point that the russian military will pretty much do as they are told (as most others do), it is the public who have or have not the stomach, and I am not convinced that Putin will care what his population thinks. Like most dictators, there is probably a stash of cash and a bolt hole...when his friends get tired he will either be gone or will think he is too powerful to be overthrown (like Saddam).

Either way, it really doesn't matter...it will only take an air burst or two to shut the world down and, at the moment, we are pushing our pulheems...

Gus

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's interesting the ramping up of anti-Russian propaganda in the media over recent months.

There's a clear agenda to paint Russia as the big evil enemy again.

I can't work out why, yet....

I can't (yet) believe they're looking at taking Russia on properly in a war scenario - nukes are a deterrent for very good reason and things could very quickly escalate out of control.

So, what's behind the agenda?

As Graham says, I don't think militarily and economically Russia has much of a chance - despite the bravado and ambitions of Putin. But even he can't be that stupid and testosterone driven to want to enter the ring.

I love a good conspiracy theory but this one's left me baffled.

Need a good remote viewer with an esoteric mindset to assist us.

Anyone know a good one?

My 15 minutes of fame
GrahamO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:

Calling a spade a spade isnt an agenda. Its getting tired of being polite and telling the badly behaved bully in the class that you've had enough.

SS is no doubt advising someone of something despite their protestations, and they're desperately trying to work out how he got their email address
explorerJC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Gus wrote:

Calling a spade a spade isnt an agenda. Its getting tired of being polite and telling the badly behaved bully in the class that you've had enough.

SS is no doubt advising someone of something despite their protestations, and they're desperately trying to work out how he got their email address

its a clear indication that russia is in trouble at home that so much interest is placed abroad....in a smaller way here too and in the US...

hunkydory

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what will come to decide the oncoming trouble is that who can pay the bills for longest. At the moment I have the greatest faith in the chinese, since they hold the majority of the gold and silver and great natural resources. also they have been steadily byuing the infrastructure in many countries so they will be in a very strong position when the USD/GBP/Euro etc. default to zero... Maybe there will be no need for a war after all, or at least it will be very one sided afer the west runs out of ammunition and petrol.

www.mikajanhunen.blogspot.com
@ESFChiropractic (twitter)
@mika_janhunen_dc (Instagram)
tin pot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrahamO wrote:
Gus wrote:

This is the truth of the matter at least as I know it. It is frustrating that people on the whole have been thinking Russia is “ok” in the last twenty years when they have been a criminal state the whole time, attacking our interests subtly and not so subtly the whole time.

Then when they start killing people in te UK people think there might be two sides to the story. There is not. It really is black and white. The Russian state is dispicable and always has been.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tin Pot wrote:
GrahamO wrote:
Gus wrote:

This is the truth of the matter at least as I know it. It is frustrating that people on the whole have been thinking Russia is “ok” in the last twenty years when they have been a criminal state the whole time, attacking our interests subtly and not so subtly the whole time.

Then when they start killing people in te UK people think there might be two sides to the story. There is not. It really is black and white. The Russian state is dispicable and always has been.

Indeed

But we would stand a better chance of holding the moral high ground if we'd bothered to climb it in the first place.

Gus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
But we would stand a better chance of holding the moral high ground if we'd bothered to climb it in the first place.

Our biggest problem in this country is that the Govt lost credibility after Blair. His lies and manipulation not only got us into the Iraq debacle (illegally IMO) but the legacy of damage he left is even more significant than that.

The public stopped trusting the Govt. When the Govt now states something, the public, generally speaking, don't believe it now and assume, by default, they are being lied to.

Hence the cynicism about this whole Russia (and Syria) affair.

Russia may well be up to nasty tricks, but a large part of the British public are not convinced because the Govt cried wolf once too often.

Google "77th Brigade".

My 15 minutes of fame
GrahamO

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
Hence the cynicism about this whole Russia (and Syria) affair..

Personally, I think more of the cynicism on the Syria front is because of the way the region behaved in the aftermath of the Iraq invasion. the reality is that pretty much everyone was glad Saddam was gone, but instead of living peacefully together and saying thanks and bye to the liberators, the locals went off on a religiously 'justified' killing spree of each other which continues to this day. And stuck in the middle were the western forces who tried to help out but found themselves caught in the cross fire.

Now when there's conflict in the region, the UK population, and the west in general thinks 'f*ck them - they'll just start killing us if we try to help out so best keep out of it'.

Nobody will do a ground invasion any more, regardless of how bad it gets because nobody wants to help a population which become immediately hostile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: