Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Looking Back ....
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wiganer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Looking Back .... Reply with quote

I've not posted on TT for ages, and I mean ages .... I do browse every few months, but I rarely contribute these days since my triathlon retirement.

To be fair, I have had a rough couple of years in terms of injuries with all my previous endeavours finally catching up on me ... culminating in surgery last year to sort out my knee ... I am now left with a grade 4 tear (basically no cartilage left at all) and running is a complete no.

However, the good news is that I am still able to cycle and a new set of tubeless wheels and a semi-compact groupset mean that I am totally enjoying the bike at present and its so good to be pain free at last both during and afterwards.

Anyroad up, it would be good to hear from all the posters who were active back when I was racing 2007-2012 ... I am sure some are still on here ... be nice for some nostalgia.
Wheezy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you Wiganer. I see you post your pics up on twitter and you seem to be as busy as ever. Glad to see that you’re getting back in the saddle.
leahnp

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still here but on the MTB at the moment as the thought of TT'ing on the roads around here is not appealing.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the roads are so depressing...so i ride my CX bike on the road mostly these days and the TT stays on the turbo...

still here and still trying to plan a comeback to racing... Smile

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Old Bob

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey mate - sounds like you've been through the wars but great that you are back out on the bike. I often think back to those epic IM saga's at Sherborne and Bolton back in TT's heyday. Cool
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey up Martin

i recall chatting through forum (2009) when you did some great work on the bike route photos and detail for the first Bolton IM , i am sure it helped all the southerners not familiar will our pleasant land.

i always bumped into you @ IM 2009 and had a quick chat and the odd time after that

glad to here u back on the bike
Chrace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, still around and still completing, not competing (except when I get the odd chance to pick someone off who's slower than me, then it' race on. Rolling Eyes ).

At some point I expect to be in the same situation where biking is the only way to go, so even purely selfishly it's good to hear you can still do sports. It'd be hard to be forced to let all this silly stuff go.
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice to hear from some of the old names Smile
AndyS..

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michele (the Mrs) suddenly announced she's taking up running at the end of last year via the local running club doing a zero to 5k Parkrun course for free. Well, you know how it is, I can't be left out so got back into running at the same time and did my first ever Parkrun at the beginning of December. Since then we've both put in a fairly solid block of running and our first run race (ever, I've never done a run only race) is a 10k on May 7th.

That'll be my first race since March 2008. Shocked
MrTim

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only run now because the roads round here seem too dangerous. Haven't been on a bike since I was in Canada last somewhere and could ride round deserted mount trails where the only danger was bears! Very Happy
ed_m

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wig..... ? No sorry, doesn't ring any bells.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode my TT bike outside for the first time this week, purely because I have a Sprint on Sunday. I've mainly been Zwifting on it and using my Canyon Endurace outside. In fact next week I'm doing my first Audax, the 400km Brevet Cymru....in for a penny! Tbh I just can't face spending loads of money again this year to trot out another respectable yet completely predictable Ironman. The Audax is a Tenner, and will be a proper adventure. Feck, it's more than twice my longest ride....
Wheezy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I rode my TT bike outside for the first time this week, purely because I have a Sprint on Sunday. I've mainly been Zwifting on it and using my Canyon Endurace outside. In fact next week I'm doing my first Audax, the 400km Brevet Cymru....in for a penny! Tbh I just can't face spending loads of money again this year to trot out another respectable yet completely predictable Ironman. The Audax is a Tenner, and will be a proper adventure. Feck, it's more than twice my longest ride....

Did my first audax this month too; the Amesbury Amble 300. Managed to get a place on the London-Wales-London 400 next weekend. Smashing myself to bits up and down a dual carriageway has lost its appeal a little bit.
mash180

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not remotely bothered about Tri anymore - although will be in Lanza when IM is on this year.
Moved back to the gym and do a lot of crossfit now and infact have a couple of bikes just sitting in the garage if anyone wants to make me an offer
Smile , also do the odd parkrun.
Still catch up with a few people from here on other social media.
Did what I wanted to do in Tri and no need to go back.
salad_dodger

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with some of the above with regard to tri losing it's appeal. I even heard a rumour the other day that TC has given up long distance tri and is focusing on becoming a zumba instructor instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: