Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Really stupid drafting question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Puffin70

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:25 am    Post subject: Really stupid drafting question Reply with quote

Hi there. I’m a newbie - both to the forum and triathlon. Taking part in my first tri tomorrow which is a small club run event in Saffron Walden. I know this is a stupid question but there are a couple of ‘foot down’ junctions on the bike course. If I approach and another rider is at the junction waiting to pull out - can I enter the draft zone or do I wait 10 m back? Sorry for my utter ignorance.
Jan

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No in this case you won't be penalised for drafting if you are stationary at a foot down junction. There could be a handful of you. Just make sure that once you get going again you spread out as soon as you are able to. Good Luck and enjoy your first triathlon Smile
Puffin70

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant. Thank you for such a quick reply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: