Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Daft swim question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Black Sheep

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Daft swim question Reply with quote

Possibly a daft and easily answered question, if so sorry but google hasn't been my friend so far.

I have my first sprint tri coming up and the swim is pool based. Its a novice event and I think there is a no tumble turn rule which is fine by me. However it does beg the question, what do you do at the end of each length, is a one hand touch ok or do both hands have to touch the wall?

Cheers
TriSam

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll be fine to just touch the end of the pool however comes naturally. Smile

It's worth checking if the swim is up and down one lane of the pool, or one where you "snake" across the pool by moving to the next lane after every pair of lengths. This information should be easy to find on the website, and will be stated in the pre-race briefing
The Black Sheep

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
You'll be fine to just touch the end of the pool however comes naturally. Smile

It's worth checking if the swim is up and down one lane of the pool, or one where you "snake" across the pool by moving to the next lane after every pair of lengths. This information should be easy to find on the website, and will be stated in the pre-race briefing

Thats great, thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: