Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Piles
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 453
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Piles Reply with quote

So. Not only do I have to contend with a dodgy prostate and high blood pressure, the doc now tells me that Iíve got a pile. Nice!

Anyone else suffer from the dreaded Farmer Giles? If so, how the hell do you cope with exercising?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gingerbongo




Joined: 21 Sep 2012
Posts: 1655
Location: Devon

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had these during after my last ultra, the painful little buggers! Got some cream from the pharmacy. Can't remember what it was called, something suitably embarassing no doubt!

That seemed to clear them up after a few days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 453
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
I had these during after my last ultra, the painful little buggers! Got some cream from the pharmacy. Can't remember what it was called, something suitably embarassing no doubt!

That seemed to clear them up after a few days.


Thatís 2 months now. Went to the doc first time, got cream and suppositories. They/it went away, came back a few weeks ago. Back at the doc for something else, got more of the same. Fingers crossed, seems to be clearing again.

Iím now afraid that itíll be an ever present now. Nice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
grunta




Joined: 10 Apr 2005
Posts: 381
Location: YORKSHIRE

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can get piles operated on. With a clip manually inserted up your bum..if that doesnt work...well, who wants that doing to them - its done under anaesthetic. I still am bothered with them but use cream which is a pain killer & shrinks the buggers , plus wear 2 pairs of shorts. ( I do lots of sportives so need 2 ! ) Got Rivelo at half price from SPort Pursuit and they are ACE ..triple pad , works great . No zip which would be useful .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ade




Joined: 27 Jul 2010
Posts: 521
Location: Leics

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always a laugh to plonk a tube of Anusol, some marigolds and a cucumber on the conveyor at Waitrose Very Happy

Not to be confused with Anasol, who is some kind of embryonic pop singer.
_________________
meandering towards the end of pi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17748
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also not to be confused with Anbesol - for mouth ulcers Smile

I get the odd very minor flare-up; usually associated with cold wet conditions (particularly wet), but gone in a few days.
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Roscoemck




Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 453
Location: Glasgow

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed at how many otherwise active healthy people have them.

They seem to have cleared for now, no doubt they'll be back. They're a curse!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TRO Saracen




Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 1236

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not been visited by the old Chalfonts yet, thank gawd....
_________________
2018: IM Wales and Florida. Let the games begin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17748
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Not been visited by the old Chalfonts yet, thank gawd....


Apparently like head lice, they only thrive in clean places.
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TRO Saracen




Joined: 18 Aug 2010
Posts: 1236

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone remember the Viz cartoon strip with the character who had chronic piles, can't remember the name but IIRC all sorts of terrible excruciating things happened to his Chalfonts...

(suggest OP gives it a swerve...Wink)
_________________
2018: IM Wales and Florida. Let the games begin.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jay clock




Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 732

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Anyone remember the Viz cartoon strip with the character who had chronic piles, can't remember the name but IIRC all sorts of terrible excruciating things happened to his Chalfonts...

(suggest OP gives it a swerve...Wink)


That'll be Nobby's Piles

http://viz.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Screen-Shot-2014-10-11-at-11.19.15.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FoulOleRon




Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Posts: 6674

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thereís a new over the counter suppository you could try.

Think itís called prodomin.
_________________
Find a happy place, find a happy place
http://mikemccrumpet.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
2 scheds




Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 24938
Location: The comeback trail

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only offer my sympathy on this folks as I bask in the glory of yet another near perfect evac. Not only a near text book example of high-fibre, well-hydrated, beautifully cylindrically-tapering poopering, but a "self cleaner" to boot. Very Happy


I do however suffer from the occasional saddle sore/cyst and knowing how rubbish they are - I can only imagine how rubbish having a set of farmers must be.
_________________
People in compression socks shouldn't throw stones - Icehockeyhair 22/10/2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FoulOleRon




Joined: 29 Aug 2007
Posts: 6674

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 scheds wrote:
I can only offer my sympathy on this folks as I bask in the glory of yet another near perfect evac. Not only a near text book example of high-fibre, well-hydrated, beautifully cylindrically-tapering poopering, but a "self cleaner" to boot. Very Happy


I do however suffer from the occasional saddle sore/cyst and knowing how rubbish they are - I can only imagine how rubbish having a set of farmers must be.


Why was it only near perfect Scheddy? Did you do it in the bath again?
_________________
Find a happy place, find a happy place
http://mikemccrumpet.wordpress.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
2 scheds




Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 24938
Location: The comeback trail

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoulOleRon wrote:
2 scheds wrote:
I can only offer my sympathy on this folks as I bask in the glory of yet another near perfect evac. Not only a near text book example of high-fibre, well-hydrated, beautifully cylindrically-tapering poopering, but a "self cleaner" to boot. Very Happy


I do however suffer from the occasional saddle sore/cyst and knowing how rubbish they are - I can only imagine how rubbish having a set of farmers must be.


Why was it only near perfect Scheddy? Did you do it in the bath again?


A bit too much curve I'd say... probably a strong corriolis effect?
_________________
People in compression socks shouldn't throw stones - Icehockeyhair 22/10/2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.