Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Theresa May
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Gus




Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 2406
Location: Freezing my nads off in Aberdoom

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:44 am    Post subject: Theresa May Reply with quote

Is Theresa May going to go down in history as possibly one of our worst PM's ever?

Or maybe she's a bit of a dark horse and suddenly emerge as one of the subtlest and most clever, but it was just not immediately obvious at the time?

There's a lot of competition for this great accolade. Blair, Brown, Cameron... is she in the running against this field of very stiff competition?
_________________
BLOG now updating again!
In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big...

My 15 minutes of fame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15305
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she was the only one to step up to the plate....and has to operate with little or no support...

it would have been far easier for her to just not go ahead with brexit...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Doonhamer




Joined: 16 Nov 2008
Posts: 2397
Location: Up above the streets & houses

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankie Boyle had it right a year ago.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3iy0LWXWw9g
_________________
If in doubt, Flat out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tony Stark




Joined: 26 Apr 2007
Posts: 2463
Location: Milton Keynes

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure Jezza will jump in like a lion and have everything sorted in no time, given the chance.











Or maybe not......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fat buddha




Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 2478
Location: rural Zuzzex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Re: Theresa May Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
Is Theresa May going to go down in history as possibly one of our worst PM's ever?

Or maybe she's a bit of a dark horse and suddenly emerge as one of the subtlest and most clever, but it was just not immediately obvious at the time?

There's a lot of competition for this great accolade. Blair, Brown, Cameron... is she in the running against this field of very stiff competition?


I sometimes wonder if she's been playing a long subtle game to get to a position where backing out of Brexit is the only choice left - she was in the Remain camp before the referendum. If so - probably the best PM of this century; if not - go down as one of the worst, although I think Cameron would get my vote for that as the bugger really took this country up a stupid path.
_________________
And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chrace




Joined: 28 Apr 2010
Posts: 2738
Location: Eating a Yorkie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like her politics but I'm amazed she's still there with the bloody idiots she's surrounded by. That crew can't be easy to manage with all the stupidity they let out on a regular basis. I regard her as highly intelligent so perhaps there's more to come (good or bad). A Brexit backout would be an amazing feat.

Worst, not so sure. In recent times Blair went for Iraq, Cameron for Brexit and Brown was just awful at managing anything. Before those Thatcher was a good cop/bad cop in one person.
_________________
Where the mind goes the body follows.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15305
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have absolutely no idea why a brexit reversal would be a positive outcome without the EU reconsidering their position on quite a number of key objectives/policies...
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
GrahamO




Joined: 10 Apr 2005
Posts: 10032
Location: United Arab Emirates or an airport

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is context - one could argue that she has been given the most sh*ttty stick of the last 50 years to manage so a partial success would actually be as good as anyone could have achieved.

Without context, one could say that Winston Churchill was the worse UK Prime Minster as under his leadership, the UK was on a starvation diet and hundreds of thousands of people died.
_________________
Arguing with engineers is like wrestling in mud with a pig - after a while you realise they like it
newMan : I don't know why you think you can address me like that! Don't ever reply directly to any of my posts again please.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
doug




Joined: 07 Jan 2004
Posts: 15062
Location: Harrow (Doonhamer in exile)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
i have absolutely no idea why a brexit reversal would be a positive outcome without the EU reconsidering their position on quite a number of key objectives/policies...


Whether or not a brexit reversal would be a positive outcome or not is beside the point, if it really is her goal and she pulls it off she would go down as an extraordinarily skilled player of the game of politics.

However, I severely doubt that is her plan or that she has the ability needed.
_________________
A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise. ~A.A. Milne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Gus




Joined: 07 Sep 2007
Posts: 2406
Location: Freezing my nads off in Aberdoom

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she doesn't deliver Brexit, I suspect the backlash will be enormous.

It would rather make a mockery of 'democracy'. You only need to read the comments pages of any right-of-centre press (and some left, for that matter) to get a feel for people's anger on this issue.

They range from 'I'll never vote again' to declaring civil war.

So much of the Establishment is doing its best to thwart Brexit that it is exacerbating the 'them and us' feeling, so who knows where this could lead.

If she does fudge or fail it - like she's heading towards - I also suspect we'll have our first Marxist Government.
_________________
BLOG now updating again!
In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big...

My 15 minutes of fame
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15305
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doug wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
i have absolutely no idea why a brexit reversal would be a positive outcome without the EU reconsidering their position on quite a number of key objectives/policies...


Whether or not a brexit reversal would be a positive outcome or not is beside the point, if it really is her goal and she pulls it off she would go down as an extraordinarily skilled player of the game of politics.

However, I severely doubt that is her plan or that she has the ability needed.


fair point....
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
explorerJC




Joined: 20 Oct 2005
Posts: 15305
Location: Farthingstone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
If she doesn't deliver Brexit, I suspect the backlash will be enormous.

It would rather make a mockery of 'democracy'. You only need to read the comments pages of any right-of-centre press (and some left, for that matter) to get a feel for people's anger on this issue.

They range from 'I'll never vote again' to declaring civil war.

So much of the Establishment is doing its best to thwart Brexit that it is exacerbating the 'them and us' feeling, so who knows where this could lead.

If she does fudge or fail it - like she's heading towards - I also suspect we'll have our first Marxist Government.


how quickly we seem to have forgotten the last century....
_________________
www.appliedtri.co.uk Tri and Du coaching

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
fenix




Joined: 16 Nov 2008
Posts: 1174

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to agree with FB - but I'm not sure she's that skilled.

Fingers crossed she is and I will be relieved to be proven wrong.

She's taken Johnson in anyway and isn't letting him off the hook - so possibly she is playing a game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Buzz_




Joined: 19 May 2007
Posts: 303

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Backing out of brexit would be career suicide, and I'm not sure there are any politician's left who value their principals over their career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 16765
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fenix wrote:

She's taken Johnson in anyway and isn't letting him off the hook - so possibly she is playing a game.


Ha. Boris who was conveniently out of the country on undisclosed business for the Heathrow 3rd Runway vote.
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.