Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Immortal Wimbleball
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lutterworth1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Immortal Wimbleball Reply with quote

Quite keen on this, done the IM70.3 a few times, donít know anybody else whoís entered, anybody got an idea on competitor numbers?

Donít wanna enter to find itís cancelled!
kennyOX2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone have any further knowledge on this? I am on the start list and having just paid for camping accommodation, I am nervous by the suggestion here that the event could be a 'non-runner'.
judojody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As one of the organisers, I can confirm that the event will be going ahead as planned.

As expected numbers are down on the previous organisers events, but that doesn't mean it won't be a brilliant day of challenging racing at a fraction of the cost, with similar road closures etc.

If you have any queries please give us a call on 01935315470.

Thanks

Jody
Stivrunning

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judojody wrote:
As one of the organisers, I can confirm that the event will be going ahead as planned.

As expected numbers are down on the previous organisers events, but that doesn't mean it won't be a brilliant day of challenging racing at a fraction of the cost, with similar road closures etc.

Thanks

Jody

hope it goes well ,did it when it was the branded event

cracking course and location
judojody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stivrunning wrote:
judojody wrote:

Thanks

Jody

hope it goes well ,did it when it was the branded event

cracking course and location

Thanks very much.

All the best,

Jody
lutterworth1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entered now! Cheers!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fancied this, now that the price gouging has gone, but the date didn't work for me. I did the Immortal Half at Stourhead 3 years ago, and it was a well organised & enjoyable event. It will be interesting to see how this one goes.

What do people call low numbers? I would say 200+ was a very good number for any first-time event without a strong (UK) brand presence (IM, Challenge, Outlaw or 113)
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Similar. Will be looking at this for next year assuming it's repeated. I had wanted to do the original IMUK70.3 event, but even after entering a few years ago, I had to transfer to Weymouth for personal reasons.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for feedback
judojody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lutterworth1 wrote:
Entered now! Cheers!

Great stuff. I look forward to seeing you there!

All the best,

Jody
judojody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I fancied this, now that the price gouging has gone, but the date didn't work for me. I did the Immortal Half at Stourhead 3 years ago, and it was a well organised & enjoyable event. It will be interesting to see how this one goes.

What do people call low numbers? I would say 200+ was a very good number for any first-time event without a strong (UK) brand presence (IM, Challenge, Outlaw or 113)

Thanks very much.

We will be under 200 this year, but the events game is slow growth and we normally expect it to take 5 years for any event to establish into something viable.

We stuck with the same date as our predecessors to try and reduce the impact on the local community. However, this date may move next year to avoid a long standing clash with a horse trials event.

Cheers,

Jody
judojody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
Similar. Will be looking at this for next year assuming it's repeated. I had wanted to do the original IMUK70.3 event, but even after entering a few years ago, I had to transfer to Weymouth for personal reasons.

I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for feedback

We are hopeful that this becomes a longstanding event for us.

So keep a look out for the 2019 event date and opening of entries soon after this years event.

Thanks,

Jody
judojody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing we are considering for 2019 is following the same format as our event at Stourhead.

Saturday am 10k
Saturday pm sprint/classic distance
Sunday middle distance

This year we introduced the Triple Crown (all 3 races), lowest cumulative time wins, extra perks like free massage, exclusive fancy hoody, food vouchers for the whole weekend. All for a better price than entering all 3 separately.

What do you guy think?

Cheers,

Jody
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the event.

I raced 5 Wimbleballs, love the course and area so will be back for the Immortal in the future. I'd committed elsewhere before this year's so had to miss out.

Getting close to 200 would be an excellent start, it's not an easy place to get to and sort accommodation which almost all competitors would need.

TBH When Ironman were cramming 1300 competitors into the course it was way too much logistically and out on the course - especially run. 3-400 would be a superb size of field at that venue.
Ozzie1973

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed - the original Wimbleball event was a tough but excellent course. I will definitely be looking to do this next year - like others, I've already committed to other things for the weekend this year, but next year for sure.

I'm not connected to the new event in any way, but it's great to see Wimbleball resurrected as a venue, and to anyone considering this course, do it, you'll love it.

Good luck with the venture, and see you in 2019.

Ozzie
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the date - I would say that in any year I'm doing an Ironman, late June is generally moving into Full Distance territory i.e. it's getting too close to my A Race; this is certainly the case for the big Continental WTC events. Obviously a lot people aren't doing a Full Distance in late June or July, but if you are then mid May to early June are optimal, or mid August...which is also good for those doing a Full in Sep/Oct.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: