Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Difference between a Suunto T3 and a T3C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
didds

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Difference between a Suunto T3 and a T3C Reply with quote

they are decade old technology I know but cutting a long story short...

what is the difference between a Suunto T3 and a T3C ?

will the T3 pair with a T3C (basic Suunto) running pod and cycle wotsit? and HR belt?

anybody know?

didds
Ade

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Didds

I used a T3C until very recently. The only difference is a C has a 'coaching' facility, based on the Firstbeat (I think) heart rate training model and ties in with the training effect based on HRV. So the T3 tells you the taining effect of your workout (on a 1-5 scale) the T3C then tells you what training effect your next workout should be. TBH I never really took much notice of that feature.

The T3 should pair with the relevant Suunto pods (I used a footbod, cycle speed pod and pc dongle - but didn't really like the app it loaded into) and suunto HR belt. They use different ant to everyone else.

I found the footpod to be very inaccurate on offroad runs where your stride is very variable and was seduced by gps for the mapping.

hope that helps.
Ade
GrahamO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite what you were asking for but personally I'd avoid Suunto watches like the plague. Mine is/was an Ambit 2

Clunky interface, stupid setups, unintuitive - quite the worse buy I've ever made and the only time it gets used now is what I go on holiday and I dont want to take a decent watch for safety concerns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: