Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Tenby Long Course Weekend
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
What a great weekend. Well done Activity Wales Events
Swim 54:56
Bike 5:42
Run 4:08....ouch
Happy with swim and bike. Run - underestimated the hills and heat and overestimated my ability so suffered the last 6 miles
Lesson learned, back again in September for 3rd IM Wales

Superb Swim-Bike, feel your pain on the run...well done.
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
Happy with swim and bike. Run - underestimated the hills and heat and overestimated my ability so suffered the last 6 miles

nice work Sid. that's an amazing bike time on that course, kudos to you sir Smile
SidSnot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
SidSnot wrote:

nice work Sid. that's an amazing bike time on that course, kudos to you sir Smile

Thanks. It may have contributed to my run meltdown Shocked
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
FatPom wrote:
SidSnot wrote:

Did you stay for the 4th medal preso? I didn't bother based on last year. I downed a pint of ice cold coke in the pub then went to sainburys, got my car and drove back to Kiln Park. Just wanted off my feet and not hang around in the sun for hours.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stayed and got the 4th medal.

Relaxed and ate pizza/ice cream for a couple of hours - neither on my feet or in the sun, medals were handed out at 4:30.

We all sounded like jailers with the 4 medals rattling about...
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
I stayed and got the 4th medal.

Relaxed and ate pizza/ice cream for a couple of hours - neither on my feet or in the sun, medals were handed out at 4:30.

We all sounded like jailers with the 4 medals rattling about...

That's much better than last year. They didn't get going until about 4.50 and by the time the names were read and the podium finishers had come down it was about 5.40.

Figured I already had a 4th medal, didn't need another.
SidSnot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
SidSnot wrote:
FatPom wrote:
SidSnot wrote:

Did you stay for the 4th medal preso? I didn't bother based on last year. I downed a pint of ice cold coke in the pub then went to sainburys, got my car and drove back to Kiln Park. Just wanted off my feet and not hang around in the sun for hours.

No, I didn't bother either. I needed to pack up and get home
I should have hitched a lift back to Kiln Park...I walked it...
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidSnot wrote:
FatPom wrote:
SidSnot wrote:
FatPom wrote:
SidSnot wrote:

No, I didn't bother either. I needed to pack up and get home
I should have hitched a lift back to Kiln Park...I walked it...

We stayed Sunday night but I just wanted to have some family time and they weren't in town. I parked at Sainsburys at about 8.40 and it was easy as to get a space. I dumped my bag back in the car about an hour later and it was a different story! No issue getting out.

Re Kiln park, Mrs FP and Little One loved it, so much to do. We were in the Prestige cabins at Guillemote (near the beach path) and i was surprised how far it was to the main road. Definitely would take a beater bike to get around if I were there for IM.
Doca

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny old weekend weekend for me, went down with over a dozen team mates & we had a ball over the weekend. Rented a couple of houses between us in town and I stayed Friday until Tuesday.

The swim: Had my best ever swim, I'm gaining in confidence and should have started nearer the front and I think that would knock few minutes off as I was consistently overtaking other swimmers. Finished in 1:12

The Bike: Started in wave 1 to get the best of the traffic, three of us worked well together for around 115km then I decided to push on, on my own as my mate was having a bit of a mechanical (no front mech) & the 3rd rider was struggling. Unfortunately I don't think the marshals were prepared for anyone needing the second lap so early as I never got any indication that I should turn right for the second lap and I consequently did 2 of the large loops covering 215km in 6:30.

The Run: Zoned out a bit at the start & set off when I heard the pistol. Unfortunately for me I had set off with the 5km race that was due to start 5 mins before the mara but was a little late (you have got to laugh Smile). 600m before I realised & had to run back bast the mara runners that had now started to refresh my timing chip over the start line. Had a decant run in the end though & finished in 3:24 on a tough course.

Overall this put me in 43rd & think I could have been as high as 8th without the mishaps. Still a mega weekend though & would be back in 2019 if it didn't clash with IM Austria.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superb work Doca, and doing the big loop twice is proper nails!
FatPom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:
Funny old weekend weekend for me, went down with over a dozen team mates & we had a ball over the weekend. Rented a couple of houses between us in town and I stayed Friday until Tuesday.

The swim: Had my best ever swim, I'm gaining in confidence and should have started nearer the front and I think that would knock few minutes off as I was consistently overtaking other swimmers. Finished in 1:12

The Bike: Started in wave 1 to get the best of the traffic, three of us worked well together for around 115km then I decided to push on, on my own as my mate was having a bit of a mechanical (no front mech) & the 3rd rider was struggling. Unfortunately I don't think the marshals were prepared for anyone needing the second lap so early as I never got any indication that I should turn right for the second lap and I consequently did 2 of the large loops covering 215km in 6:30.

The Run: Zoned out a bit at the start & set off when I heard the pistol. Unfortunately for me I had set off with the 5km race that was due to start 5 mins before the mara but was a little late (you have got to laugh Smile). 600m before I realised & had to run back bast the mara runners that had now started to refresh my timing chip over the start line. Had a decant run in the end though & finished in 3:24 on a tough course.

Overall this put me in 43rd & think I could have been as high as 8th without the mishaps. Still a mega weekend though & would be back in 2019 if it didn't clash with IM Austria.

Winner Worship amazing effort!
blindcider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of people seem to have been upset/caught out by the penalties for starting in a different wave to assigned this year.

In 2016 they were very clear you had to start in the correct wave before changing their minds due to the appalling weather and not wanting people hanging about.

Don't know quite why it wasn't so clearly understood this year
Doca

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TRO Saracen wrote:
Superb work Doca, and doing the big loop twice is proper nails!

I had done 150km when I caught up with a friend who broke the news to me that something was very wrong with where I was in the race. I had been imagining finishing, getting a hot shower and then waiting for my mates to finish, instead I had another 65km to go to complete the 2nd loop & at least not get DQ'd. For a few minutes there I was in a very dark place and again when I passed the 180km mark. Ah well some valuable life & racing lessons learnt.
TRO Saracen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:
. Ah well some valuable life & racing lessons learnt.

And some cracking training for a 12 hour time trial.... Wink
FatPom

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can somebody confirm the elevation reading of the marathon for me please? I know my bike reading was off, as I have 1247mtrs when it should be something like 2140.

I have 357mtrs for the run (seems like more than that but maybe I was just knackered.

I have a Foreunner 935 and seems like I have the dreaded 'elevation' issue Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: