Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Quarq Riken not working after flight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wardy7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Quarq Riken not working after flight Reply with quote

I've returned from IM Frankfurt this week and come to use my TT bike today bu the Quarq Power Meter isn't working, no lights show up at all.
I've done the usual suggested things like putting he battery to try and reset it but no lights come on at all.
My bike was in a Bike Box Allan but I'm guessing that maybe it's been knocked perhaps is all I can think.
Any suggestions as posting it back to Quarq in the USA isn't ideal and not a guaranteed fix either as it's outside warranty.
I did wonder if my bike insurance would cover it perhaps.
jibberjim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you actually tried a new battery, there's a good chance when travelling that it's woken up a lot
Wardy7

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jibberjim wrote:
have you actually tried a new battery, there's a good chance when travelling that it's woken up a lot

Yes, I've tried 2 new batteries Sad
NAL

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Riken stopped working outside of warranty. Quarq online support had me try a few things (new battery, put battery in upside down to hard reset).

None worked and I sent to cyclePowermeters.co.uk to see if they could fix. They found my quarq spider was the older 3 bolt version that no spares seem to exist for. If you look on back of quarq you will see either 3 or 5 little bolts holding quarq onto axle. If you have 5 you maybe able to get spares.

So i had to write it off, was told I could send to Quarq in USA for a crash replacement service. But that was $679 + shipping + import tax. And probably cost sending out to them. So that was likely more expensive than buying a new one on offer in UK.

Hope you have more luck than me.[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: