Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
HVMN Ketone
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
The role of ketones in sports nutrition/diet, have long been championed by none other than Dr Michele Ferrari himselfD

Probably still the world's most knowledgable physiologist....

Although I do find it unsettling that he refers to cyclists as the 'organism' in his sports phys blogs. ! Sad

is that a translation?

I've just rechecked his blog - it's not there anymore, I think it's had a makeover (different format presentation etc.) - so maybe a few years ago it was in Italian and just thrown into google translate for the english version ( I didn't do it) but it definitely used organism

my italian is very basic...but body is corpo...so organism may sound less final...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
doug

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
The role of ketones in sports nutrition/diet, have long been championed by none other than Dr Michele Ferrari himselfD

Although I do find it unsettling that he refers to cyclists as the 'organism' in his sports phys blogs. ! Sad

is that a translation?

I've just rechecked his blog - it's not there anymore, I think it's had a makeover (different format presentation etc.) - so maybe a few years ago it was in Italian and just thrown into google translate for the english version ( I didn't do it) but it definitely used organism

my italian is very basic...but body is corpo...so organism may sound less final...

It is probably a either a mistranslation of "juiced up, cheating drug user" or "valued client" (or both)
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

is that a translation?

Yeah, it's worth going through all the posts if you have some time to look for the 'gems'. One thing that jumps out is how an intelligent sports scientist interprets the consequences (or 'what to do') with the results of a new study, rather than just taking them at obvious face value.
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

is that a translation?

Yeah, it's worth going through all the posts if you have some time to look for the 'gems'. One thing that jumps out is how an intelligent sports scientist interprets the consequences (or 'what to do') with the results of a new study, rather than just taking them at obvious face value.

every sport scientist takes the results from a group of 30 athletes and insists on the validity of the study for the whole population...

tuckandgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

is that a translation?

every sport scientist takes the results from a group of 30 athletes and insists on the validity of the study for the whole population...

You wouldn't like this then?

https://scientifictriathlon.com/tts140/

I think Sutton takes an N of 1 and extrapolates to the population!

(I actually respect his ideas myself, they work for me.)
explorerJC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
tuckandgo wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
Jorgan wrote:

is that a translation?

You wouldn't like this then?

https://scientifictriathlon.com/tts140/

I think Sutton takes an N of 1 and extrapolates to the population!

(I actually respect his ideas myself, they work for me.)

i think they write all this carp to send competitors down the wrong path...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: