Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Favero Assioma - Pedal Power Meter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
PCP wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:
this is still a problem if you can't connect to more than 1 device at a time, but it does suggest there might be a firmware fix.

I have mine connected to 3 devices when I Zwift! But as a minimum, most people are going to have it connected to Zwift & a computer head unit, so it's definitely an issue if that was the case.

Surely the pedals should just transmit an ANT+/BLE signal, the number of devices trying to receive & process should be irrelevant? Or does it not work like a radio wave? Never had this issue with my P2Max.

Why the head unit?
I just connect to Zwift and get all the info I need from that. I don't have R/L power on my Quarq though, is that the reason why?

I never use a head unit with Zwift (don't have one really).

I don't get all the metrics on Zwift using the Assioma Pedals - there's no cadence with Zwift, don't know why.

I get cadence on my Assioma on Zwift. I have not experienced any drop outs, however, I only pair with Zwift, using an ANT dongle on my PC

With my old Stages, I used to experience drop outs when paired with my Garmin and with Zwift
Buzz_

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest suggestion I was given was to 'forget' the device and pair again on each unit. Did a trainer ride last night, no drop-outs when connected with bluetooth to a phone and ant+ to a head unit. Turn on the watch and pair through ant+, started to see some issues on the head unit, although the phone was fine. After a couple of minutes everything appeared OK on all fronts, but I'll reserve judgement until after a longer ride at the weekend.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use ANT+ to devices & laptop. Only time Bluetooth is used is to upload to my phone from my Edge or Watch.

I wonder if there's an issue with my pedals that was also causing the lack of cadence on Zwift.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest theory that the different devices had different crank lengths set, and this is enough to cause the drop-outs. Three rides complete since repairing the devices and all appears clean.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzz_ wrote:
Latest theory that the different devices had different crank lengths set, and this is enough to cause the drop-outs. Three rides complete since repairing the devices and all appears clean.

I have only set crank length on the Edge head unit, as per Favero instructions. I don't think I have that option on the 735. But it's a theory worth investigating.

On the multiple units, in a race I'm going to use a watch & head unit, so it should be able to manage that! Not heard anything back from them yet, they've had them since last Wed.
Buzz_

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Buzz_ wrote:

I have only set crank length on the Edge head unit, as per Favero instructions. I don't think I have that option on the 735. But it's a theory worth investigating.

On the multiple units, in a race I'm going to use a watch & head unit, so it should be able to manage that! Not heard anything back from them yet, they've had them since last Wed.

I know I had different crank lengths in the phone app and on the head unit at some point, but with all the pairing and re-pairing I can't be sure what the status was when I was actually riding. I too would want watch and head unit minimum for a race, and multiple connections on the trainer is convenient. It definitely has to work, and there is no suggestion from their support that I am doing anything unreasonable. At no point did they suggest just using 1 device and living with the issue.

As I said, no issues on the last couple of rides. Will see over the next few weeks.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So they arrived back yesterday. Still to be opened! I don't know what the paperwork inside will say, but there's a sticker on the outside talking about repairing the ANT+ (which would explain the dropouts). An email I got also said they'd also been factory recalibrated.

Will report further when I actually get them on a bike.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two rides done on them since coming back from factory. So far so good!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: