Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
TriTalk.co.uk is on facebook
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 15 minutes of fame
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to regret this. Ron is in fact a Gold Member under the new system.

On arrival at TT HQ, he will receive a complimentary tub of Assos chamois cream, a hot towel and 30 min de-stress massage. He has to share toilet facilities with Silver Members though. Platinum benefits are undisclosed; however, I can tell you that the toilets are of the self-cleaning type you get in Japan & CH.
Gus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There you go. Elitism.

Rolling Eyes

"What about the workers?"

My 15 minutes of fame
mattsurf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
Incidentally, on a more serious note, I've mentioned on FB that we really should have a proper discussion about financing the site.

It's very easy for the person who's inherited the financial responsibility (ie Hammerer) to end up being the only one actually funding it on his own card. This often happens with things like this - lots of good intentions from lots of people but they do fade away and whoever took the liability at the start ends up on the hook.

So, can I suggest we make a list of those of us who are willing to form a core of people willing to donate on a regular basis to keep the site going? I'm assuming firstly, the site costs are very small anyway and, secondly, over time the site should become self-funding so the core is only ever needed if there's ever a shortfall.

This core could either donate a small amount regularly, or just rotate round monthly (for example) to pay the bills.

[I guess Hammerer you'd probably be in the best position to suggest what works best for you.]

Anyway, count me in.

Count me in too
FoulOleRon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I'm going to regret this. Ron is in fact a Gold Member under the new system.

On arrival at TT HQ, he will receive a complimentary tub of Assos chamois cream, a hot towel and 30 min de-stress massage. He has to share toilet facilities with Silver Members though. Platinum benefits are undisclosed; however, I can tell you that the toilets are of the self-cleaning type you get in Japan & CH.

Thanks for the clarification Jorgan. I did, in fact, ask for a box of maltesers and a celebrity felch, but am happy to settle.
2 scheds

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
Gus wrote:
Incidentally, on a more serious note, I've mentioned on FB that we really should have a proper discussion about financing the site.

It's very easy for the person who's inherited the financial responsibility (ie Hammerer) to end up being the only one actually funding it on his own card. This often happens with things like this - lots of good intentions from lots of people but they do fade away and whoever took the liability at the start ends up on the hook.

So, can I suggest we make a list of those of us who are willing to form a core of people willing to donate on a regular basis to keep the site going? I'm assuming firstly, the site costs are very small anyway and, secondly, over time the site should become self-funding so the core is only ever needed if there's ever a shortfall.

This core could either donate a small amount regularly, or just rotate round monthly (for example) to pay the bills.

[I guess Hammerer you'd probably be in the best position to suggest what works best for you.]

Anyway, count me in.

Count me in too

Yup. Me too.

I think we can do this via just giving - Hammy, can you confirm mate? Or are you hanging on to see if we can fund via the click through links that you mentioned on FB?

Probably worth a sticky.

Smile
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could do an IPO Hammy?
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
There you go. Elitism.

Rolling Eyes

It's ok, Sloggers is heading up the Union. He'll be along soon to fight for our right ... (to party?)
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
There you go. Elitism.

Rolling Eyes

You get a free coffee and a sandwich; stop your moaning and get contributing. This isn't Scientology, where you can pay to progress Wink
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Gus wrote:
There you go. Elitism.

Rolling Eyes

You get a free coffee and a sandwich; stop your moaning and get contributing. This isn't Scientology, where you can pay to progress Wink

Meanwhile I'm up in the nose, enjoying a small-batch gin with Hammy Very Happy Twisted Evil (I wish!)
Gus

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're revolting, then....

My 15 minutes of fame
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:

Typical Snowflake; you want the spoils without putting in the graft. Report to Graham O's office for re-education.

Twisted Evil
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

admin at tritalk.co.uk is the paypal. Any donations welcome to get the new site up and running initially. When we set up the new site i will look at making a contribution button somehow, maybe you can have special privileges or a nickname if you do Wink . Another site i'm on allow people to set up a recurring monthly payment where people just put a couple of quid eaxh month but when you have a couple hundred people doing it then it all adds up (that site is 500 a month to run!) looking more at costs we'd be close to 40-50 a month currently with 2 sites (this archived and the new one), 2 domains and an admin and aws email address. Oh we do need to reregister TriTalk which is 200 for 10years as a one off payment (it run out a few weeks back Wink ).
Gus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Gus wrote:

Typical Snowflake; you want the spoils without putting in the graft. Report to Graham O's office for re-education.

Twisted Evil

Here's the weirdest of things. I've found myself agreeing with virtually every one of his posts in the last few weeks, possibly even months.

I put it down to Global Warming.

or Brexit.

My 15 minutes of fame
Gus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
admin at tritalk.co.uk is the paypal. Any donations welcome to get the new site up and running initially. When we set up the new site i will look at making a contribution button somehow, maybe you can have special privileges or a nickname if you do Wink . Another site i'm on allow people to set up a recurring monthly payment where people just put a couple of quid eaxh month but when you have a couple hundred people doing it then it all adds up (that site is 500 a month to run!) looking more at costs we'd be close to 40-50 a month currently with 2 sites (this archived and the new one), 2 domains and an admin and aws email address. Oh we do need to reregister TriTalk which is 200 for 10years as a one off payment (it run out a few weeks back Wink ).

Let's definitely get the 'donate' button up asap then. As I've suggested before, if we also identify a core of people who are willing to commit to paying regularly (if there's ever a shortfall) then we have a list upon who can be called upon. If we had 12 people, then worst case scenario we're each paying 40-50 per annum. I can live with that if it keeps the site going.

So far we have:

Gus
Mattsurf
Scheds

As a bonus, the core get to have their own special members area (Jorgan Wink )

My 15 minutes of fame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: