Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Update me!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2 scheds

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Update me! Reply with quote

So, I've been off TT for the last 3+ years.

What's been going on?

I need to know all the TT culturally important stuff, so you know, "your all gay", 20%, Tubs v Clinchers, massive "I'm Off" strops etc, that type of thing.

Hit me up!

Cool
SloggingScotsman

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iíve left twice. The first time I only returned through encouragement, the second I was happy for the admins to delete my account, bet they wish that they had now. I returned after feeling for Gus in one post and I decided to cheer him up. And now I seem to have returned, but a return to the old days will be it. Life is too short and all that.

It may surprise some here but I happily spent all those months just reading.

The biggest problem is that the phwooooar thread isnít what it used to be.
Crying or Very sad

Spinal stenosis throws a huge wrench into your training Crying or Very sad Mad
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ted was last seen on the hard shoulder of the M4 in a TVR. Mrs Ted was unavailable for comment on his actual whereabouts
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Forum has been pretty quiet since you left, with just a 'hard core' of us soldiering on. Inevitably the old software & lack of mobile-friendly interface has hampered the site, and FB et al have hoovered-up a lot of people as it's convenient. I must say, that the new FB Group that Hammy set-up has brought a ton of old TT users out of the wood-work, and if we can use this momentum to revitalise this site alongside the FB Group, that would be great. I see TT as sitting between Slowtwitch and The Ironman Journey Group Very Happy

The Biff has all but evaporated, and we just have disagreements. GrahamO is same old Graham, and that's as contentious as things get these days Wink I cannot remember the last spat or nastiness; I think as a small group of core users, we know each other well enough to avoid it.

'We' are now in charge of the good ship TT, and Hammerer is doing some IT stuff, to modernise things in the background, with plans to add a FB and mobile friendly interface. Am I right Carl? I intend to approach some businesses for support/advertising, once we've got our house in order. They will be people who've used and contributed extensively to TT in the past, and gone on to run successful businesses in related areas like Event production, bike shops & event entry sites...little clue there Smile I would really like it if these guys would come back into the TT fold when commitments allow, and we have a more convenient interface.

What else....
2 scheds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, massive kudos to Hammy for the FB group - that was the catalyst to revitalising me.

It's good to see things moving ahead, and if I can help in any way I'd be happy to do so. TT will always have a quishy place in my heart - I leant and laughed so much over my time on the forum.

Life won't permit my full re-engagement (probably best cos I'm not sure the post counter could cope Twisted Evil ), but I hope to be an occasional if I can.

Vive le tritalk!

#puttingthebandbacktogether
#onamissionfromgod
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically we are at the mercy of TT until he can sort out the issues with the "group" site location he mentioned on Friday. Once thats set up and handed over then Timmy and I will get the new forum software up in another location. as its entirely new you will all need to reregister and probably sign some disclainer saying we can sell your identities Twisted Evil

At the moment Im in two minds about a site "wrapper" and if its requried. certainly not in the short term but if anyone wants to set up a wordpress wrapper / blog which will have a direct menu link to the forum at forum.tritalk.co.uk using the discourse plugin then feel free. I started and got some stuff but much of the wordpress templates are far too snazzy for what we need so its just finding a decent "free" one thats ok with the discourse and adsense plugins and moving on from there. I wsas strugglign with the adsense stuff but I got some RSS feed running! Its TRI247 though as guess what, Ironman and BTF ones dont work properly Wink I was just playing about really to see whats possible but without taking too much away from the main item
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:

At the moment I'm in two minds about a site "wrapper" and if its required. certainly not in the short term but if anyone wants to set up a wordpress wrapper / blog which will have a direct menu link to the forum at forum.tritalk.co.uk using the discourse plugin then feel free.

English please, or a diagram.

Blogs? Probably not much demand. Mobile friendly - essential (is that the 'wrapper' bit?).

Big question - will we lose our post counts?!?!?!?!
2 scheds

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:

Big question - will we lose our post counts?!?!?!?!

^^^^

This.

Wink
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In english

discourse is the forum software. it will sit and work with mobile, anything. if you want to see what it is like take a look at discourse.org. Its pretty good has all the social media type crap.

If we want mor than a forum, ie a front page showing news or articles (thast what i meant by blog), or anything else then we add a "wrapper". This can be anything and be ever increased with new pages / video / photo galleries...whatever you want really. Id be quite happy with just the forum and maybe use the facebook page for "articles".

Post counts , maybe i could manually update the sql tables but i havent seen how the database is organised in discourse. It will be manual if we do that so might be a rule of only people over 10k posts can have it done and on requesting it Wink

Last edited by hammerer on Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Gus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

10,000+?!!!!!

That means I've just got a few days to start some serious 2Scheds-style padding....

Also - it's a new-TT name grab free-for-all.... how often does this opportunity come up in a lifetime?
Very Happy

My 15 minutes of fame
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
10,000+?!!!!!

That means I've just got a few days to start some serious 2Scheds-style padding....

Also - it's a new-TT name grab free-for-all.... how often does this opportunity come up in a lifetime?
Very Happy

2431 posts Gus Rofl
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
10,000+?!!!!!

Very Happy

As admin you may get a free pass to 12431 posts Wink
FatPom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Re: Update me! Reply with quote

2 scheds wrote:
So, I've been off TT for the last 3+ years.

What's been going on?

I need to know all the TT culturally important stuff, so you know, "your all gay", 20%, Tubs v Clinchers, massive "I'm Off" strops etc, that type of thing.

Hit me up!

Cool

Koalafish still owes money,,,,,,,probably Wink
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know i've missed it somewhere ... but what's the name of the FB group?

If we all asume another's username that could make for an interesting first few weeks as we try to work out who is really who! Like some cheap Channel 5 reality show!
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
I know i've missed it somewhere ... but what's the name of the FB group?

If we all asume another's username that could make for an interesting first few weeks as we try to work out who is really who! Like some cheap Channel 5 reality show!

TriTalk.co.uk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: