Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
IM Mont Tremblant

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: IM Mont Tremblant Reply with quote

Looks like ol' Lionel got beaten by a young Canadian rookie (a few years on and around podiums of the same few 70.3s by the looks of things). I wonder how it's going down on ST?

Still, seemed like a pretty cracking debut for this lad! On a side note i was looking up who he was and found his website. He has clearly documented his budget and earnings each year for his 4 years as a pro. Makes quite interesting, even if it isn't surprising, reading.

Also Liz Blatchford taking the win after having her little baby was pretty impressive! Some blimmin' tough ladies on that circuit!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet to delve into the ST post mortem, but initial thoughts would be that hopefully it's because LS was not wanting to go too deep with Kona less than months away; either that or just an off day.
r0bh

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ST thread on this is another classic; the mental contortions the LS superfans go through to declare this race a triumph for their boy are a joy to behold Very Happy

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/
mattsurf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a video on FB this morning of LS post mortem of his performance. He is blaming it on changing diet and losing too much weight.

Interesting as I was also watching an LS video yesterday, where he outlined his strategy for Kona was based on losing weight in order to improve his run performance.

I guess the MT was a good event to test his new strategy: looks like some refinement is needed
Doca

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought the LS video was really interesting considering I have also been loosing weight leading up to Wales and am getting close to a similar weight to these guys.

The Cody Beals website is also full of really good info:
http://www.codybeals.com/

Never heard of him before but I really like his approach and his openness about pretty much everything.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doca wrote:
Thought the LS video was really interesting considering I have also been loosing weight leading up to Wales and am getting close to a similar weight to these guys.

The Cody Beals website is also full of really good info:
http://www.codybeals.com/

Never heard of him before but I really like his approach and his openness about pretty much everything.

I agree, seems like a pretty switched on kid.

Lots of ST chatter is around LS's weight after that video ... he does look very lean!!

Be interesting next year when the new KPR system comes in, as each race winner gets a guaranteed Lona slot. Should see much more tactical selection of races and hopefully even better racing depth at he so called smaller/unfortunately positioned in the calendar races e.g. Wales.

Not long now Doca!!!
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:

Lots of ST chatter is around LS's weight after that video ... he does look very lean!!

Be interesting next year when the new KPR system comes in, as each race winner gets a guaranteed Lona slot. Should see much more tactical selection of races and hopefully even better racing depth at he so called smaller/unfortunately positioned in the calendar races e.g. Wales.

Vegan feels like the new Paleo or Atkins diet. What normal person doesn't enjoy a good chunk of cheese ffs. Everything in moderation.

Yeah, WTC are basically going back to the old KQ system for Pros I think; so races that offer early Qualification like Tenby, Barcelona, Italy and AZ will be benefit greatly.
PCP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In his YouTube vlog last week LS said he was using it as a training day out to practice new nutrition and a few things he was working on so wouldn’t be ‘racing’
tuckandgo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
Saw a video on FB this morning of LS post mortem of his performance. He is blaming it on changing diet and losing too much weight.

Interesting as I was also watching an LS video yesterday, where he outlined his strategy for Kona was based on losing weight in order to improve his run performance.

I guess the MT was a good event to test his new strategy: looks like some refinement is needed

Assuming his 'vlog' is correct and he lost a load of weight in the 2 days up to the event by not eating much (on purpose) then that is the predominant reason (there may be others of course which we don't know about) why he had a bad race. You simply can't do that and have a good race - unless you are in ketosis which is another issue altogether.
gingerbongo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCP wrote:
In his YouTube vlog last week LS said he was using it as a training day out to practice new nutrition and a few things he was working on so wouldn’t be ‘racing’

Maybe i need to do a vlog and say this before every race. then it's cool when i inevitably do sh*t!! Very Happy
PCP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gingerbongo wrote:
PCP wrote:

Maybe i need to do a vlog and say this before every race. then it's cool when i inevitably do sh*t!! Very Happy

Not a bad shout!

I take some of my training days so easy that they could be mistaken for rest days Shocked
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Cameron Wurf has 'called out' Sanders on Instagram for not letting Matt Russell pass him for second and get a KQ (after his bad accident at Kona last year). Obviously Slowtwitch is tucking-in to that one.
PCP

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I see Cameron Wurf has 'called out' Sanders on Instagram for not letting Matt Russell pass him for second and get a KQ (after his bad accident at Kona last year). Obviously Slowtwitch is tucking-in to that one.

Why should he let him pass?

If he can’t pass him when he’s having a #@?# day, what’s the point of going to Kona?

Sanders had a lot of praise/respect for Matt Russell in his interview. I would think MR is just please to be back in contention and on a podium, not looking for favours.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: