Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
50 in 50....Another Slowtwitch Meltdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davem

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 scheds wrote:
You'd have thought they'd at least do some homework and read up on the deca-nutters before drawing such a silly line in the sand.

Lmao

who are you calling a nutter?? Razz Laughing
Wheezy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were seriously going to attempt something like this, the first thing you’d do is speak to someone like Davem and get at least a basic idea of what the issues would be. You’d probably then realise you might be biting off more than you can chew.

That said, she does now have a 127 page ST thread all about her, with all the traffic that would generate to her Instagram account. Who was it who said, there’s no such thing as bad publicity?
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd think she'd at least try a triathlon at all! she was never going to do it. it was a cheap publicity shot after watching the IC documentary.
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hammerer wrote:
You'd think she'd at least try a triathlon at all! she was never going to do it. it was a cheap publicity shot after watching the IC documentary.

What's the IC documentary like? I heard him on IM Talk, and a lot of what he said didn't add-up. I can't figure-out how he made a living; he talks about his wife going back to College full-time, and he looks after their 5(!) kids and trains LOTS, and works full time. *Strokes chin*
hammerer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
hammerer wrote:

What's the IC documentary like? I heard him on IM Talk, and a lot of what he said didn't add-up. I can't figure-out how he made a living; he talks about his wife going back to College full-time, and he looks after their 5(!) kids and trains LOTS, and works full time. *Strokes chin*

I havent watched it. I doubt i will unless really bored
explorerJC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 scheds wrote:
You'd have thought they'd at least do some homework and read up on the deca-nutters before drawing such a silly line in the sand.

Lmao

it's probably swimable for an average swimmer and the runs are walkable...but that is a shed load of cycling...

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Chrace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

explorerJC wrote:
2 scheds wrote:

Lmao

it's probably swimable for an average swimmer and the runs are walkable...but that is a shed load of cycling...

It's the recovery, innit?

Interesting you see the bike as the worst. I'd see the walking as the problem. Bike can be rolled but as soon as you stop the legs when walking you, well, stop.

But still, low/untrained at triathlon and at extremely low intensity it'd be 1:30 swim, 9 hour bike @ 20kph, and 7 hour walk @6kph with a bit of jogging (ok, "slow running" eJC Wink ). That's 17:30 leaving 6:30 for sleep and recovery = naaah. My view was always that you need to be able to do 13h IM fairly easily to contemplate multi-day stuff (for ~10 hour recovery), so a fair bit of speed as base requirement.

I've pondered double or triple but can't go beyond that since although I can do sub-13 I can't do it "easy".
explorerJC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:
explorerJC wrote:
2 scheds wrote:

Lmao

Interesting you see the bike as the worst. I'd see the walking as the problem. Bike can be rolled but as soon as you stop the legs when walking you, well, stop.

But still, low/untrained at triathlon and at extremely low intensity it'd be 1:30 swim, 9 hour bike @ 20kph, and 7 hour walk @6kph with a bit of jogging (ok, "slow running" eJC Wink ). That's 17:30 leaving 6:30 for sleep and recovery = naaah. My view was always that you need to be able to do 13h IM fairly easily to contemplate multi-day stuff (for ~10 hour recovery), so a fair bit of speed as base requirement.

I've pondered double or triple but can't go beyond that since although I can do sub-13 I can't do it "easy".

well corrected Smile

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
Gus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to bring this up again, but is it really that hard to do 22 HIM in 30 weeks?

I'm really struggling to understand if this is genuinely that hard... at least a whole week's recovery after each one? Every half I've done I've been in pretty reasonable shape afterwards - yes I get the accumulation effect but still... and I wasn't even that enduro-fit...

Can someone please tell me I'm talking bollox before I launch my world record bid and try to get lots of screaming girls chasing me on SpotybookFaceTweetagram?

My 15 minutes of fame
Davem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
I'm sorry to bring this up again, but is it really that hard to do 22 HIM in 30 weeks?

I'm really struggling to understand if this is genuinely that hard... at least a whole week's recovery after each one? Every half I've done I've been in pretty reasonable shape afterwards - yes I get the accumulation effect but still... and I wasn't even that enduro-fit...

Can someone please tell me I'm talking bollox before I launch my world record bid and try to get lots of screaming girls chasing me on SpotybookFaceTweetagram?

Its a piece of pi$$.

22 HIMs in 3 weeks is the bar... one a day with 2 on the last one for good measure.
Davem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chrace wrote:

Nail. head.
TriSam

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's 17:30 leaving 6:30 for sleep and recovery = naaah

Not only that, it leaves 6:30 for travelling to the next state!
Davem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TriSam wrote:
Quote:
That's 17:30 leaving 6:30 for sleep and recovery = naaah

Not only that, it leaves 6:30 for travelling to the next state!

Chinook helicopter with a matress....
Swansea Red

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:

His 22 in 30 weeks is 22 IM branded 70.3s, not just 22 HIM distance Swim/Bike/Runs, which is why it's a 'record'. Suspect it's just worded deliberately vaguely to make it look more impressive than it is.

Makes you wonder how many you could realistically do back-to-back; Matthew Pritchard did 30 HIM in 30 days a couple of years back which was impressive, but suspect it's the mental as much as the physical which stops you eventually
Whisk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swansea Red wrote:
Gus wrote:

His 22 in 30 weeks is 22 IM branded 70.3s, not just 22 HIM distance Swim/Bike/Runs, which is why it's a 'record'. Suspect it's just worded deliberately vaguely to make it look more impressive than it is.

Makes you wonder how many you could realistically do back-to-back; Matthew Pritchard did 30 HIM in 30 days a couple of years back which was impressive, but suspect it's the mental as much as the physical which stops you eventually

I think the most impressive thing about that "feat" is being able to afford to fund it Rolling Eyes Wink . The entry fees alone would be a killer Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: