Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
50 in 50....Another Slowtwitch Meltdown
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jorgan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gus wrote:
I'm sorry to bring this up again, but is it really that hard to do 22 HIM in 30 weeks?

I guess if logistics allowed and you could do it from home, it would be 5-6h out of your weekend; very manageable if you start 6am. But would you want to do it, could you be ar5ed?

I think that 'record' you refer to was doing official IM70.3 events (tbc), which becomes a time, cost & logistical faff. Again, wondering where IC gets his dough from to fund all this, if he's training & looking after all his kids full time. Racing one WTC event isn't cheap.
Davem

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Gus wrote:
I'm sorry to bring this up again, but is it really that hard to do 22 HIM in 30 weeks?

I guess if logistics allowed and you could do it from home, it would be 5-6h out of your weekend; very manageable if you start 6am. But would you want to do it, could you be ar5ed?

I think that 'record' you refer to was doing official IM70.3 events (tbc), which becomes a time, cost & logistical faff. Again, wondering where IC gets his dough from to fund all this, if he's training & looking after all his kids full time. Racing one WTC event isn't cheap.

maybe he was a dentist I his former life?
Toyota_Crown

Location: Lincoln / Scarborough (Algerino-Land) / Fircombe-on-Sea. sandbagging for daveM

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Whisk wrote:

I think the most impressive thing about that "feat" is being able to afford to fund it Rolling Eyes Wink . The entry fees alone would be a killer Shocked
kerching!
97IM+12DIM+D+3Q+4T=158IM
UKIMGrandSlam04-18
Tri'ing Swimmer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused Confused Confused

Hard to decide if was just advertising stunt knowing she'd fail, or if she was just completely naive to size of challenge and assumed she was very fit and exercised daily at hard intensity therefore could cruise along day after day if she took it easy. Not sure which is worse either being a charlatan or just stupid.
GrahamO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tri'ing Swimmer wrote:
Hard to decide if was just advertising stunt knowing she'd fail, or if she was just completely naive to size of challenge and assumed she was very fit and exercised daily at hard intensity therefore could cruise along day after day if she took it easy. Not sure which is worse either being a charlatan or just stupid.

She's just another self-obsessed snowflake who probably spends more time pouting in front of her camera than actually exercising enough to do one IM let alone two.

I doubt she even looked up the very basics of how much energy it takes, and how she would feed herself between events to simply replace the energy consumed.

A lightweight, vacuous waste of electrons on the web IMO.
jayski

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cos' cross fitters aren't actually functional....in a fitness sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> General All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: