Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Conquer The Chilterns - F3 Events
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoeNobody wrote:
Anyone had a race pack yet? Or do we pick them up on the day (or maybe day before)?

I would assume you get that when you register on the morning
JoeNobody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

straightouttabrompton wrote:
I would assume you get that when you register on the morning

Just had the "final email" with a link to the competitor notes. Seems you might be right. I wasn't sure as the last time I did one of their middle distance events I had my number in the post a couple of weeks ahead of time.
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i got the email too, looking forward to it now. F3 really need to work a bit on their communications though it seems. Some people seem to have convinced themselves it was canceled because they weren't getting any replies from them.

JoeNobody

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking forward to it now.

I'm undertrained, haven't had a chance to recce the bike course, and came down with a cold over the weekend (which is thankfully clearing up already), but I'll be happy to get it done. I haven't raced since early last year so it'll be good to toe the line even if I'm not likely to perform that well.

Keep an eye out for someone in a red/white/blue TVT tri top, riding an Argon 18 road bike. That'll likely be me Smile
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my first race in over a year too, just got/ getting over a foot injury that's stopped me running until the last couple of months. My run training for this has just been doing the Couch to 5K program. It's not going to be quick but it'll be good to get a race done this year.
JoeNobody

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starting to look like it's going to be a rather wet event...
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And strong winds for good measure Very Happy
JoeNobody

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been hearing rumours it's been cancelled, since before the dire forecast, but also before the final email was sent. Have emailed and asked for clarity, although general feedback seems to be that they're useless at responding...
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah from what I can tell there's no point in trying to contact as they don't reply at all. As they've sent the final email out, updated the web page with the event details and made a couple of Facebook posts about it, I'm pretty sure that it hasn't been cancelled... Yet. Seen Velo South have just announced they're cancelling, so it's possible F3 will follow. But unless F3 do officially announce it's cancelled I'll be there on Sunday.
Happy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather was pretty awful for the July event (Fugitive I think it was called) and it still went ahead. Hope the wind is not too bad on Sunday - I live locally and it's very gusty today. Good luck to everyone doing it. At least with the weather there should not be too many walkers to dodge on the nice running course!
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted on twitter by F3 at 4.45pm

IMPORTANT EVENT UPDATE . We are currently assessing the weather conditions for the events that are taking place this Sunday the 23rd September and will be making a decision shortly. We will keep everyone posted as to what is happening and let you know asap. Thanks F3 Team

No other news yet but doesn't sound promising. Been looking through multiple weather apps and it just looks like it's going to be wet rather than particularly windy on Sunday. There is a yellow weather warning for wind though, so who knows. We'll have to wait and see
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Postponed Sad

IMPORTANT EVENT UPDATE

We have had to make the very difficult decision to postpone this weekends events.
The Met office yellow weather warning predicts gale force winds and heavy rain for much of the weekend and especially on Sunday morning when the event is scheduled to take place. Given the severe nature of the weather we do not have any alternative but to postpone the event to a future date.
We will be in touch with all participants the start of next week with a new date for this event. Thanks F3 Team
JoeNobody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing, as I'd already deferred from last year, but it wouldn't have been much fun in the rain we had round here.
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah part of me is disappointed and thinks we could have just hardened up and done it. But then i think how awful it would have been for the volunteers and marshals to be stood out in it all day getting soaked and freezing.
JoeNobody

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah part of me is disappointed and thinks we could have just hardened up and done it. But then i think how awful it would have been for the volunteers and marshals to be stood out in it all day getting soaked and freezing.

Indeed, wouldn't have been much fun for them. I think also, given the hilly nature of the bike leg, it could have been more dangerous than "very heavy rain". I don't think it was as windy as had been earlier forecast, but there would still have been a fair amount of debris in the roads.

My wife's on about seeing if they'll refund, assuming it's an option. I'm not sure they'll want to do that on a 2017 event entry, and I hadn't planned on racing much next year (and certainly not so far as HIM). Looks like I'll end up doing it anyway though, so I think I could be asking to switch to the Fugitive (hopefully a better chance of good weather).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: