Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Assioma Vs Stages Power Meter

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsurf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:10 pm    Post subject: Assioma Vs Stages Power Meter Reply with quote

I invested in a new Favero Assioma dual sided pedal Power Meter (The first new PM that I have bought)

Today I went for my weekly club ride, using both the Favero and my Stages. I suspected for some time that the Stages was under reading, and the ride today confirmed it. Overall the Stages was 6.5% below the Assioma, I plotted both lines together and can see that the Stages is consistently lower. The spikes in power, when climbing for example are very similar, however, it is when riding at 200-300W that the differences are biggest
myhandle

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean the Stages is plain inaccurate, or that your legs are out of balance to that degree ?
mattsurf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

myhandle wrote:
Does this mean the Stages is plain inaccurate, or that your legs are out of balance to that degree ?

My leg balance was 50:50, so not that
Jorgan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's wrong with my Assioma thread eh?

I'm yet to compare my P2M & Assioma, but I suspect also that my P2M reads a bit low (it was way lower than it's predecessor). P2M is on my TT bike still, might do my last Sprint of the season using both and do a comparison.

My Sunday morning ride power is improving nicely though; yesterday I did a rolling 73km/732m at 30.7kph (road bike) and 230w NP (205 TSS). That's 0.92IF. My pedal smoothness always seems to be 20/20% and the Torque efficiency was 73/72% yesterday.

So many metrics!
mattsurf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
What's wrong with my Assioma thread eh?

I'm yet to compare my P2M & Assioma, but I suspect also that my P2M reads a bit low (it was way lower than it's predecessor). P2M is on my TT bike still, might do my last Sprint of the season using both and do a comparison.

My Sunday morning ride power is improving nicely though; yesterday I did a rolling 73km/732m at 30.7kph (road bike) and 230w NP (205 TSS). That's 0.92IF. My pedal smoothness always seems to be 20/20% and the Torque efficiency was 73/72% yesterday.

So many metrics!

Jorgan, appologies for not adding to Assioma Thread - I must have missed it. Can a Moderator combine them
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: