Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Not sure where to spend?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stenard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I never had to replace my P2Max battery because it was low, always did it about a month before my A Race. Those CR2450 batteries last for ever! (or I just don't ride 15h a week!)

I've only ever replaced the battery in my P2M Classic on my Road Bike once. And the same with my Type S on my TT bike. The initial batteries both lasted over 18 months.

I probably would have changed the TT before my key IM if it hadn't died earlier this spring. Whilst that happening felt quite annoying at the time (on the roll to the start of a 50TT), it actually became quite a good learning experience just in case anything ever went wrong with it.

Agree with both of Jorgan and Chrace on the usage. Power is all I ever train to on the bike, but to be able to do so both indoors and outdoors is now pretty important. I used to only ever have it on the turbo. But I also put a lot of faith in it whilst racing as well. I don't let it dictate, as I talked about in terms of the numbers I was seeing versus RPE in my IM, but it's a very valuable tool.
Chrace

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stenard wrote:
...I don't let it dictate...

Same here. I don't just ride to a number in races but I have to have a good reason to go above what I have set for the day. And, during races, I only sometimes use it as a low limit when I realise I am taking the pi$$ and enjoying the scenery too much. Rolling Eyes

Whereas in training I use it as a low limiter. I try to let it dictate but sometimes I just cannot keep up with it! Twisted Evil

I've found a PM is a great tool to discover your body boundaries, how hard it can be pushed and for how long, and then use that knowledge in races.

Might need to look into the fan as Jorgan says.

But for the OP, in a straight comparison a PM beats the crap out of a disc. Imho.
FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than you all, really useful thanks Cool
mattsurf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Chrace wrote:
Might just be my Tacx and P2M are close to each other but so many other factors also play in (mostly the body cooling effect of being outdoors).

Another one for FP's list....a big floor fan for indoors Wink (I train in garage with main door open and fan on. In extremis I'll open the back door too, for air flow)

No need for cooling; it was around -7

FatPom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Chrace wrote:
Might just be my Tacx and P2M are close to each other but so many other factors also play in (mostly the body cooling effect of being outdoors).

Another one for FP's list....a big floor fan for indoors Wink (I train in garage with main door open and fan on. In extremis I'll open the back door too, for air flow)

No need for cooling; it was around -7

I have a huge fan, all metal construction, sounds like a DC3 winding up Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: