Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Quality helmet

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grunta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Quality helmet Reply with quote

Been diagnosed with a SECOND DVT....grrrrr...Concerned about possible head injuries if I come off. Any suggestions as to a top quality helmet? I ride sportives so don't want anything fancy..Thanks !
GrahamO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much anything with a CE mark will be fine - but I'd be more concerned about why you're getting them, especially if you are exercising a lot.
grunta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi G..Ta...Seems chances of having a 2nd DVT are quite high. I just ticked the box ! Hey ho..Treatment is being put on anticoagulants for life (!) so thinner blood has less risk of clotting plus I have to wear a compression stocking for 2 yrs..during the day.All in all, Bit of a bummer but I love my biking and will just have to take extra care that I don't come off & bang my head..risk of brain bleed .

G
Whisk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anything on sale here with the CE mark should protect your head, but this is probably one of those instances where spending more is probably not going to buy you more protection. High end helmets tend to be lighter and better ventilated, so by extension, probably less protective (albeit still meeting the minimum standard).
PCP

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting something with MIPS will help.

https://www.torpedo7.co.nz/community/help-and-advice/bike/gear-advice-technical-info/3604
grunta

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks fo suggestions, guys..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: