Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
MIPS helmets
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
grunta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject: MIPS helmets Reply with quote

Am on anticoagulants and thinking about buying a MIPS helmet to give my brain more protection ie reduce risks of brain bleeds.

Any comments on this guys - gratefully received !

G
mattsurf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: MIPS helmets Reply with quote

grunta wrote:
Am on anticoagulants and thinking about buying a MIPS helmet to give my brain more protection ie reduce risks of brain bleeds.

G

I do love my Giro MIPS helmets.... however, since discovering that Giro is owned by a company who also sell high power automatic assault rifles to "sports" users I have decided not to buy more of their products
fat buddha

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: MIPS helmets Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
grunta wrote:

G

I do love my Giro MIPS helmets.... however, since discovering that Giro is owned by a company who also sell high power automatic assault rifles to "sports" users I have decided not to buy more of their products

I ditched my trust Camelbak sack due to that and won't buy another product from any company owned by Vista Outdoor - sports brands include Camelbak, Giro, Bell, and Blackburn. full list here - https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/
SGreg

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: MIPS helmets Reply with quote

mattsurf wrote:
grunta wrote:

G

Cool...how do they manage that?

There are not many countries where that is legal...

...still, even if they did I think of far worse ethical atrocities that are being committed by firms I assume you are fine with...

Still, can't beat a good bandwagon
mattsurf

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: MIPS helmets Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
mattsurf wrote:
grunta wrote:

G

Cool...how do they manage that?

There are not many countries where that is legal...

...still, even if they did I think of far worse ethical atrocities that are being committed by firms I assume you are fine with...

Still, can't beat a good bandwagon

I donīt feel so strongly that I want to ditch my existing kit, however, there are plenty of other brands who also supply equally good equipment, I would rather spend my money with those companies

The NRA is an organisation that I have a real issue with and I really don't want to support any organisation who is remotely associated with it. Vista Outdoors are one of the most aggressive supporters of the NRA and that is what I have an issue with

I am sure that I do spend money with companies who commit ethical atrocities, however, if I am aware of it I would try to avoid them too
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw someone on twitter (possibly Peter Flax) raising the question of whether Rapha should be similarly boycotted, as it was bought out by the owners of Walmart - who are the biggest gun seller in the US.

Luckily I can't afford Rapha, so no ethical quandary for me Smile

Although I do have a samsung phone and i'm pretty sure they have a weapons division. Or at least one that makes weapon targeting systems.

You'd have to work very hard to be a completely ethical consumer these days.

Anyway! I like my Giro MIPS helmet (I have a Foray), although luckily I can't say i've ever tested out the effectiveness of the MIPS technology
JamieMcP

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

straightouttabrompton wrote:
I saw someone on twitter (possibly Peter Flax) raising the question of whether Rapha should be similarly boycotted, as it was bought out by the owners of Walmart - who are the biggest gun seller in the US.

I was thinking the same about Walmart, but a quick Google shows that they are getting out of the gun business.

So many races so little time.
straightouttabrompton

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieMcP wrote:

I was thinking the same about Walmart, but a quick Google shows that they are getting out of the gun business.

Just had a quick Google, they seem to be restricting things slightly more recently (no longer selling firearms to people under the age of 21) but I can't see anything saying they're getting out of the gun business?
mattsurf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JamieMcP wrote:

Just had a quick Google, they seem to be restricting things slightly more recently (no longer selling firearms to people under the age of 21) but I can't see anything saying they're getting out of the gun business?

However, Walmart do not support the NRA, in fact their CEO has openly criticized the NRA and has called for tighter gun controls.

At least this is a step in the right direction
SGreg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be Honest, I can see your point, It's a big difference between operating in a regulated and legal field and the open corruption and dishonesty that costs lives, that is the NRA.

If you want to Boycott NRA financiers than I'm fine with that, But just gun sellers is a bit airy fairy for me when we are willfully destroying the planet in so many ways and few gun deaths would actually help things!

I am in no way anti-gun, and high powered fully Automatics for sane, sensible sports shooters is perfectly fine with me! It is just how you regulate that to keep them exclusively in their hands and that has been shown to be problematic with the only workable solution to date being a ban, which is a shame, but dead school kids isn't a shame it is a ~#*$ tragedy.

If that was the NRA's aim then I would disagree with your stance, but it isn't so I don't.

~#*$ em!

Wow, and this started with someone asking about helmets Laughing Sorry Dude, Can't help on that front Laughing
mattsurf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
To be Honest, I can see your point, It's a big difference between operating in a regulated and legal field and the open corruption and dishonesty that costs lives, that is the NRA.

If you want to Boycott NRA financiers than I'm fine with that, But just gun sellers is a bit airy fairy for me when we are willfully destroying the planet in so many ways and few gun deaths would actually help things!

I am in no way anti-gun, and high powered fully Automatics for sane, sensible sports shooters is perfectly fine with me! It is just how you regulate that to keep them exclusively in their hands and that has been shown to be problematic with the only workable solution to date being a ban, which is a shame, but dead school kids isn't a shame it is a ~#*$ tragedy.

If that was the NRA's aim then I would disagree with your stance, but it isn't so I don't.

~#*$ em!

Wow, and this started with someone asking about helmets Laughing Sorry Dude, Can't help on that front Laughing

I am anti NRA. I would certainly not be in favor or legalizing the sale of firearms in the UK, however, I do not have any issue with a country like the USA having different attitude towards firearms. However, I think that the NRA's lobbying activity, spreading fear and effectively preventing any form of gun control makes it a deeply unethical organization

I am with you on companies destroying the planet, often employing corrupt working practices to keep their costs as low as possible. Most people are aware of oil companies, however the Garment industry is probably much worse
SGreg

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think probably supermarkets are generally the biggest aggravator of planetary destruction. They kind of have it all wrapped up in one neat bundle of over-consumption.

Still, guess where I go Shopping...
Tony Stark

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Evans Cycles might be selling some off cheap pretty soon......
explorerJC

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walmart stopped selling ammunition several years ago iirc, and didn't they also stop selling automatic rifles at the same time?

Anyone who wants to enjoy the 'thrill' of owning an automatic should join the military....the novelty soon wears off....

www.naturalrunningform.co.uk Natural Running Form Coach

2018 Training Camps http://www.appliedtri.co.uk/training-camps/
GrahamO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGreg wrote:
and high powered fully Automatics for sane, sensible sports shooters

Sorry, but thats a contradiction in terms.

Nobody sane needs a high powered fully Automatic gun for sports shooting.

Your quarry doesnt fire back with similar, or at all, so its just pure willy waving by the educationally retarded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Gear All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: