Tri Talk HomepageTri Talk EventsTri Talk ForumsBlogsTri Talk TrainingTri TradeTriPlayerWikiTeam Tri Talk
Outlaw - 10yr anniversary
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MarkyMark76




Joined: 27 Jan 2015
Posts: 82

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Outlaw - 10yr anniversary Reply with quote

Anyone else see the triradar article yesterday about how the outlaw intended to sell slots for next years races? Weirdly it's been taken down now but the general gist of it was that during the 'priority booking' window you'd only be able to enter if you were looking to do multiple races. So you couldn't just do the half in Nottingham on it's own, you had to enter that and the full or that and the Holkham half.

With the article now being taken down was it garbage?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17616
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, but I saw a link crop-up on FB via another FB Page/group regarding that entry policy. People weren't impressed with them trying to out-do Ironman in the price gouging stakes.
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Doca




Joined: 27 Feb 2014
Posts: 222

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I saw it, i'm quite disappointed but I suspect it is true. Ian was hinting at some significant change at Holkham this year.
I have done the last 4 Outlaw half's & it has become a good early season tester for me & it was planned again for next year for myself & a bunch of mates.
IM events next year will be Austria, LCW & maybe Wales again so definitely won't be doing Outlaw full or Holkham.
If it turns out to be true I take my ball and do the Cotswold Classic instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SidSnot




Joined: 02 Sep 2005
Posts: 1632

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, saw that on Twitter and fedback to them on it Smile
_________________
@sidmott
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17616
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad I've done Outlaw, but seriously, all those laps of a rowing lake and then the pricing structure; I'm out.
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 5290
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
I'm glad I've done Outlaw, but seriously, all those laps of a rowing lake and then the pricing structure; I'm out.


I did the first one, back when it was harder Wink Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fat buddha




Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 2503
Location: rural Zuzzex

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I'm glad I've done Outlaw, but seriously, all those laps of a rowing lake and then the pricing structure; I'm out.


I did the first one, back when it was harder Wink Very Happy


likewise - when we had to contend with rafts of weeds in the lake, and the bike course had "hills". it's gone all soft since...... Wink
_________________
And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17616
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I'm glad I've done Outlaw, but seriously, all those laps of a rowing lake and then the pricing structure; I'm out.


I did the first one, back when it was harder Wink Very Happy


Even harder than 2013, when it was hotter than Mercury (and probably winds like Neptune)?
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
salad_dodger




Joined: 29 Jun 2009
Posts: 61
Location: Bristol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "full" Outlaw didn't sell out this year so I'm not sure the new marketing plan will encourage more people to enter in 2019.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 5290
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I'm glad I've done Outlaw, but seriously, all those laps of a rowing lake and then the pricing structure; I'm out.


I did the first one, back when it was harder Wink Very Happy


Even harder than 2013, when it was hotter than Mercury (and probably winds like Neptune)?


Your version of hot and mine probably differ a 'tad'. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17616
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I'm glad I've done Outlaw, but seriously, all those laps of a rowing lake and then the pricing structure; I'm out.


I did the first one, back when it was harder Wink Very Happy


Even harder than 2013, when it was hotter than Mercury (and probably winds like Neptune)?


Your version of hot and mine probably differ a 'tad'. Wink


I believe it was mid-high 20s. I would call hot 30+, but as I've no doubt you're aware ( Laughing ) I have several finishes at 35 degrees plus; none were pretty.

I guess if you only race in the UK, 25 is pretty warm for long distance.
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 5290
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
I'm glad I've done Outlaw, but seriously, all those laps of a rowing lake and then the pricing structure; I'm out.


I did the first one, back when it was harder Wink Very Happy


Even harder than 2013, when it was hotter than Mercury (and probably winds like Neptune)?


Your version of hot and mine probably differ a 'tad'. Wink


I believe it was mid-high 20s. I would call hot 30+, but as I've no doubt you're aware ( Laughing ) I have several finishes at 35 degrees plus; none were pretty.

I guess if you only race in the UK, 25 is pretty warm for long distance.


It is quite amazing how quick your 'thermostat' can change. I'm in short sleeves at basically anything over 12C but in Oz that would be a long sleeved jacket.

The worst heat suffering I remember was a sportive I did every year called Alpine Classic. It was 210km with 4,600 mars elevation and the last climb was 25kms long (Mt Buffalo).
One year it reached 43C and there was a 60% DNF rate. They brought in a rule after that year that said if it was 38C by midday the day before, the event gets shortened to the 140km version.

I thought I was going to melt Exclamation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17616
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, unless it's wet, I'm in summer kit above about 12-13 degrees. Windproof s/s jerseys are great for Uk weather. There have been a couple of gilet/arm warmer mornings last week into work, but always warm coming home.

Sorry, was this an Outlaw thread?
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FatPom




Joined: 26 Dec 2005
Posts: 5290
Location: My happy place

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgan wrote:
Yep, unless it's wet, I'm in summer kit above about 12-13 degrees. Windproof s/s jerseys are great for Uk weather. There have been a couple of gilet/arm warmer mornings last week into work, but always warm coming home.

Sorry, was this an Outlaw thread?


Sorry yes, we can resume a chat about goose sh!te now. Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jorgan




Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Posts: 17616
Location: alles was ich bin, alles was ich war

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FatPom wrote:
Jorgan wrote:
Yep, unless it's wet, I'm in summer kit above about 12-13 degrees. Windproof s/s jerseys are great for Uk weather. There have been a couple of gilet/arm warmer mornings last week into work, but always warm coming home.

Sorry, was this an Outlaw thread?


Sorry yes, we can resume a chat about goose sh!te now. Very Happy


Goose sh1t? Ahh, reminds me of the Falklands Very Happy
_________________
26 Years since it all began....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TriTalk.co.uk Forum Index -> Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
  Share
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum





Home | About TT | Privacy Policy | Terms and Conditions | Advertising | Contact TT
Copyright ©2003-2015 TriTalk®.co.uk. All rights reserved.